and an another wake up call for some others here....

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 7:21 am

I agree with that article, people have got a better chance if they are working towards self improvement as opposed to just sitting there with a self defeatist attitude, not taking any action and complaining about their circumstances without making an effort to change them.

DanRaccoon
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 8:13 am

I think it's pretty sad for someone to spend money and hours and hours of their time on self improvement just to get the girls. Wouldn't it be better to do this for yourself rather than to just get laid?

http://www.youtube.com/user/DanRaccoon

mv
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 8:16 am

I agree, DanRaccoon. I love my gym, I love that it's always there and I can go whenever I can squeeze some time out for myself. I feel... *strong*, being able to care for my health.

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 8:16 am

DanRaccoon wrote:
I think it's pretty sad for someone to spend money and hours and hours of their time on self improvement just to get the girls. Wouldn't it be better to do this for yourself rather than to just get laid?

Plus that whole acting-like-you're-doing-it-for-yourself-and-not-to-impress-girls thing really impresses the girls.

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 8:28 am

DanRaccoon wrote:

The article isn't saying that you should live a healthy lifestyle to get girls, it's saying working out can increase your confidence, release endorphins in your brain, help you to feel better in yourself and give you a better chance at dating.

It's saying that it is better to do something to change your situation instead of sitting around complaining about circumstances.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 1:44 pm

Wolfheart wrote:
DanRaccoon wrote:

The article isn't saying that you should live a healthy lifestyle to get girls, it's saying working out can increase your confidence, release endorphins in your brain, help you to feel better in yourself and give you a better chance at dating.

It's saying that it is better to do something to change your situation instead of sitting around complaining about circumstances.

here

Comp_Geek_573
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 4:23 pm

I can see how it's bad to complain about your looks without making any effort to change them, but not everyone's life circumstances allow for several hours a day, every day, at a gym!! ! More people than ever have to go to school full-time AND work full-time just to survive and have career prospects better than McDonald's.

This article, to me, sends the message that it's a huge, HUGE time and money commitment to make ANY improvement in appearance - and thus people will say "Why try?"

Trying some new foods, taking the stairs, walking more places, cycling/running, etc. all count towards better health. I don't want people getting the idea that you have to join a gym to get any results. Something is better than nothing.

AQ: 33

justalouise
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Mar 2012, 9:31 pm

mds_02 wrote:
DanRaccoon wrote:

Plus that whole acting-like-you're-doing-it-for-yourself-and-not-to-impress-girls thing really impresses the girls.

BAM!

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2012, 9:38 pm

No thanks. I am not going to the gym, although apparently I need to. No thank you. Be off with it.

If it works for you, OP, absolutely fantastic. :)

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 2:31 am

Comp_Geek_573 wrote:
I can see how it's bad to complain about your looks without making any effort to change them, but not everyone's life circumstances allow for several hours a day, every day, at a gym!! ! More people than ever have to go to school full-time AND work full-time just to survive and have career prospects better than McDonald's.

An hour in the gym is hardly time consuming, I know some people that wake up at 6 am or 7 am and do an early morning working before they start work or school. If you have to spend several hours a day at the gym everyday, you're either prancing around or over training.

You can easily do 3 full body workout sessions a week and that comes to around 3 or 4 hours in a 168 hour week, does 3 or 4 hours seem like a lot to you?

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 2:37 am

I like how the wakeup thread for girls becomes 5 pages of mostly women saying its not true or similar defenses and the one for guys is 1 page of people telling to man up and stop whining at guys.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 3:17 am

MXH wrote:
I like how the wakeup thread for girls becomes 5 pages of mostly women saying its not true or similar defenses and the one for guys is 1 page of people telling to man up and stop whining at guys.

I wonder what would happen if I posted an article titled "shut up fat girls, stop whining about dating and go to gym"

Gawd,..... it will cause a girl-jihad against me.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 3:19 am

The article has a point and you cant let yourself go if you want to have success on the dating field.

Now that thats being said this applies to both genders.

Ive seen many people saying this advice at males and Ive seen many people saying this advice at females.

This for example:

Being fit and good-looking will make every step of the process go easier. Being good-looking isn’t a cure-all for game, but it absolutely makes every segment of game go easier and smoother.(Wo)men will be more receptive on the approach. They’ll have more patience for boring conversation. They’ll be less likely to flake. They’ll be more likely to get physical with you and they’ll even enjoy the sex more.

Is taken right out of the article(I just added one of my beloved parentheses ) and could be found at a dating advice column for either sex. Im not saying that its true but then again I dont follow any of this advice columns blindly.

Not to mention study’s have demonstrated that better-looking people get paid more, promoted sooner, are trusted more often, and command more attention.(this quote didnt even need to be adapted)

And the benefits could again be applied to either gender

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 3:56 am

I don't need a gym. I have a treadmill and a stationary bicycle at home. Both exercise machines face my plasma TV so I can watch movies while working out, and I've also added two small desks for my notebook. In addition, I do all my shopping by bicycle. That alone should be enough to keep me healthy.

And that's what it's all about, isn't it? Staying healthy. I don't work out to build up muscle, because I don't think I would like myself if I was more muscular. I find slim and somewhat feminine men attractive, and that's how I'd like to look myself. The guy in that article looks like a freak of nature. I bet he can't reach his own back with a washcloth because his biceps get in the way. Do women really go for this look? In my opinion, it's the male equivalent of ridiculously large breast implants.

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 4:04 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
MXH wrote:

I wonder what would happen if I posted an article titled "shut up fat girls, stop whining about dating and go to gym"

Gawd,..... it will cause a girl-jihad against me.

That's what I thought too when I read the article :D "Here’s a new rule: If you’re a woman who can't get a date, you’re not allowed to complain about your looks unless you’ve starved yourself anorexic and got breast implants". That wouldn't go over so well.