Page 7 of 9 [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2014, 3:40 pm

Creepy

I heard this word spoken a lot during my HS years, and to this day, this word still annoys me. It makes me wonder how dull-minded people have truly become. Also, this word has been over-used beyond belief, despite other adjectives that mean the same as "creepy."

Metalwolf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2014, 12:00 am

"Don't judge me, you don't know me!"

Often translates correctly into: 'Don't call me out on my crappy behavior, or expect me to adhere to civilized standards."

"Team building exercise."

Often translates correctly into: Getting the corporate drone collective sufficiently motivated together to create Product.

"Little Diva."

Often translates correctly into: "I give into my child's demands too easily, and it has made her obnoxious and spoiled in a way that I find cute."

TheTigress
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Mar 2014, 1:23 am

I absolutely can't stand the term "cray cray". It screams low class and trashy whenever I hear or read someone say it.

I also heavily dislike it when people spell out "whatevz" instead of "whatever".

TheMighty_Moo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Mar 2014, 2:45 am

"SWAAAAAAAAAG."
:?

Moo approves!

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2014, 9:25 am

"The exception tha proves the rule"

It should be called "The excpetion RATHER THAN the rule"; an exception to the rule does not prove it--if anything, it challenges it.

Metalwolf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2014, 11:48 am

I agree with another poster, "Cray cray' sounds white trashy.

Also this, as mentioned by another: "Swag."

Here's more of my own:

"Baby bump."

"You won't know true love until you've had a child."

"I don't know if you can."

"You could meet new people this way."

"Well you don't know anything about kids, because you've never had a child."

And anything said in a patronizing "I'm speaking to you this way because I think you are dumb, but I won't say it to your face" kind of way. :evil:

a_dork
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Mar 2014, 4:05 am

Yanno, I'm just sayin'...

― L. Frank Baum, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2014, 11:17 pm

another phrase I find annoying is "first world problems"
I feel like the primary intention of this phrase is to add a pile of guilt onto life's little annoyances.

DukeJanTheGrey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Mar 2014, 5:04 pm

"my bad"

I have to think back to anger management classes when ever it comes up.

Perkulator
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Mar 2014, 11:29 pm

"My bad" is extremely annoying and makes the user sound like they just crawled out from under a rock. What they really mean is Oops, I did something wrong. So why can't they just say that? They sound like idiot's.

"Epic". My niece uses this a lot. It is so over used and misused that I don't even remember the real meaning anymore.

I assume that a majority of people go to public school's between kindergarten and high school. In that assumption I believe we are all taught how to speak the same version of English (depending on what country you are in). I don't consider myself well educated but a friend of mine has a masters degree. I would assume that in order to get the Master's degree she can speak English better than I do, but she doesn't. She is proud of her education but speak's as if she never made it past third grade and then wonders why she can't get a job. To make matter's worse she teach's her young son this gibberish and wonder's why he isn't up to his age potential.

Sorry to rant but I guess what I'm trying to say is that the "cute" and popular slang, etc. really only make's money for rapper's who are in trouble with the law.

Now that I've said that I must also say I am addicted to "like" because I am a former California valley girl. I also use "really?' a lot.
But those are the only two.

Perkulator
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Mar 2014, 11:30 pm

"My bad" is extremely annoying and makes the user sound like they just crawled out from under a rock. What they really mean is Oops, I did something wrong. So why can't they just say that? They sound like idiot's.

"Epic". My niece uses this a lot. It is so over used and misused that I don't even remember the real meaning anymore.

I assume that a majority of people go to public school's between kindergarten and high school. In that assumption I believe we are all taught how to speak the same version of English (depending on what country you are in). I don't consider myself well educated but a friend of mine has a masters degree. I would assume that in order to get the Master's degree she can speak English better than I do, but she doesn't. She is proud of her education but speak's as if she never made it past third grade and then wonders why she can't get a job. To make matter's worse she teach's her young son this gibberish and wonder's why he isn't up to his age potential.

Sorry to rant but I guess what I'm trying to say is that the "cute" and popular slang, etc. really only make's money for rapper's who are in trouble with the law.

Now that I've said that I must also say I am addicted to "like" because I am a former California valley girl. I also use "really?' a lot.
But those are the only two.

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 4:43 pm

anything with the word "always" or "never"

aspie quiz results; http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1= ... =80&p12=28

AutisticArmyVet
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Apr 2014, 7:50 am

People saying "I seen, I gots, I don't got, I done did it," and the list goes on.

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2014, 8:53 am

"walk a mile in my shoes"

anything said in baby-talk (by an adult)

"lets agree to disagree"

"grave" (as in 'grave concerns')

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2014, 2:18 pm

infilove wrote:
anything with the word "always" or "never"

^ditto

when someone's talking about a group of people, you could throw in "all" and "none"

Ohisee
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Jun 2014, 9:03 am

Literally when used incorrectly.
No, you did not literally jump out of your skin.