I wish I could b as successful with girls as James Durbin is

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Ldub20Owl316
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Mar 2012, 6:05 am

He is the American Idol guy from last year.
I doubt that he's lying about having Asperger's. Truth is, he's a HUSBAND and a FATHER, which is what I hope to be.

And right now, there is a girl that's consuming my attention. I wish I could pay her less attention and treat her the way I treat other girls who are as kind to me (the ones who wouldn't hesitate to respond or acknowledge that she is still friendly with me). Yet it is easier said than done. I hate having the obsession with her but have felt she'd be the perfect girlfriend for me. The problem is she is unavailable, which hurts.

I also hate being single and would hate to be single for life. Not helping is the fact that there are way more males with Asperger's than females.

DanRaccoon
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2012, 7:26 am

why do you want to be popular with the girls?

http://www.youtube.com/user/DanRaccoon

Ldub20Owl316

20 Mar 2012, 3:56 am

DanRaccoon, I wonder if you are an Aspie who wouldn't care if he were single or didn't live with a sense of belonging. But believe me, those things matter. I've had it with being single and being somebody who was "too good-looking to be single". I can't find an environment that WOULDN'T make me want a GF. I think I've improved in my interaction with girls, but I still may have a long way to go. Nothing is worse than living your whole life being single.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2012, 4:03 am

It's easy to think that relationships solve your problems and make your life easier when in fact having a family and being a father is a big commitment, one that requires careful consideration and thought. If you're single at the moment, it's good to focus on things that will have long term benefits like academic or financial pursuits and goals, a fitness program. If you don't have your own place or can't drive yet, focus on that. Relationships may come and go but you'll find the skills you learn along the way will always stay with you and help greatly when it comes to being self sufficient and staying focused.

Ldub20Owl316

20 Mar 2012, 4:33 am

Wolfheart wrote:
It's easy to think that relationships solve your problems and make your life easier when in fact having a family and being a father is a big commitment, one that requires careful consideration and thought. If you're single at the moment, it's good to focus on things that will have long term benefits like academic or financial pursuits and goals, a fitness program. If you don't have your own place or can't drive yet, focus on that. Relationships may come and go but you'll find the skills you learn along the way will always stay with you and help greatly when it comes to being self sufficient and staying focused.

I know that. Being in a relationship presents challenges, but challenges that I am willing to take on.