Should there be a limit on how much someone can earn?

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 3:35 pm

Burzum wrote:
You're using government to fix a problem created by government. Instead of applying a quick-fix by limiting how much someone can make, why not fix whatever it is that allows for people to become insanely rich? Removing artificial barriers to entry would be a good start.

Make it easier to start businesses, thus allowing for more competition to compete against megacorporations?

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 3:54 pm

Burzum wrote:
You're using government to fix a problem created by government. Instead of applying a quick-fix by limiting how much someone can make, why not fix whatever it is that allows for people to become insanely rich? Removing artificial barriers to entry would be a good start.

that would also be using government.

not that i support any variation of income limiting, but i do support relatively high tax brackets above the levels where a family can sutain itself for 3 generations or more, even with a lavish lifestyle.

we will never be able to prevent people from breaking the law to outsmart their competitors either.(size also matters)

i do agree with your idea, we have some of it in denmark, not to the ideal degree but the foundations have been made. (we have a good social mobility and a relatively low gap between the rich and poor,)

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

Declension
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 3:58 pm

No, but the tax system should ramp up significantly when you are earning a huge amount of money.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 4:02 pm

If such a policy started you can bet a huge snowball effect will take place.