Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

AugustX
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Mar 2012, 8:01 pm

Hey, what do you think would happen to society if humanity decided to voluntarily control their own internet habits/time spent online or restricted it? I know the internet is unstoppable as far as I know, but assuming that still, and people just decided to use it less often, what can the effect be?

jedaustin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Mar 2012, 11:58 pm

People would spend more time watching TV and other activities like they did before the Internet existed. Moot question since the 'cat is out of the bag'... in reality the use of the Internet will go UP and take away from other activities even when it is the same activity (TV from the Internet for example).

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2012, 9:07 am

AugustX wrote:
Hey, what do you think would happen to society if humanity decided to voluntarily control their own internet habits/time spent online or restricted it? I know the internet is unstoppable as far as I know, but assuming that still, and people just decided to use it less often, what can the effect be?

No one is forced to login. Any use of the internet or most use of the internet is already voluntary. If someone wants to stay outside the computer network they can do so at some degree of inconvenience. No one has to use a telephone either.

ruveyn