Congressmen introduce idiotic video game censorship law

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

scubasteve
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 2:15 am

Here's an idea... How about actually enforcing the ESRB ratings that are already in place?

That would seem a more productive step than including a strongly-worded statement which is largely at odds with current research.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 2:56 am

Do parents really even go to the store and choose games for their kids once the kids are old enough to read? I haven't picked video games for my kids since they were about 6 ot 7 years old. After then they would tell me which ones they wanted. For the past few years I'd just give them the money and let them go get it, because I don't know squat about what games or game systems are which.

It always surprises me when I think about the fact that there are parents out there that read ratings and warnings and actually base their decisions on them. I've always been very lax about that kind of thing anyway. I don't even know what movies are rated, and my kids have watched things like South Park, and Aminal House, Van Wilder, etc as far back as they have wanted to. I've never said no to a movie, game, tv show or music that was based on content, except for a little while with one daughter when she was terrified of anything to do with spiders.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2012, 1:08 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Congressmen have too much free time on their hands. That is why we should have term limits.

ruveyn

~thunderous applause~

to his Interest."

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2012, 1:14 pm

I'd be okay with the warning label if it came with another warning:

Quote:
WARNING: Exposure to violent video games has been linked to aggressive behavior*
*Citation needed