"The Undateables" - New UK Channel 4 Programme

Page 1 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 1:33 am

Tequila wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
The guy probably already knows his requirements are at least "odd", and without knowing what the show is really about, or knowing more about the people who make (and are guests on) the show, it's hard to say if it's really exploitive or not.

If you ask nicely I may just upload a copy here if you really want to see it. ;)

It would have to be on youtbe with a link or sent to my email because ever since my daughter did the updates to the computer, I can't see any embedded videos. :-(

If you are willing to do that, I'd love to see it!

Please, please, please! I'll make you a pecan pie if you'll do it!

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Chipshorter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Location: The Georgian Quarter of The Pool of Life, The Centre of The Creative Universe

29 Mar 2012, 8:50 pm

I hope that Channel Bore don't make that show into another Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.
I do have to question the motives of channel four on doing the documentaries that they have done of late. :?

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 11:20 pm

Chipshorter wrote:
I hope that Channel Bore don't make that show into another Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.
I do have to question the motives of channel four on doing the documentaries that they have done of late. :?

My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding is on over here. I saw a few of them. It should be called "The Tackiest Weddings Ever"

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Chipshorter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Location: The Georgian Quarter of The Pool of Life, The Centre of The Creative Universe

30 Mar 2012, 11:53 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
Chipshorter wrote:

My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding is on over here. I saw a few of them. It should be called "The Tackiest Weddings Ever"

Thank god you haven't seen Desperate Scousewives, it makes a mockery of my city by playing on negative stereotypes.
Anyway I seen tacky and kitsch female fashion in my own city with some of the crazy street wear around (like going out wearing hair rollers & pajamas), plus at night especially the weekends (especially Hen parties) in the Ropewalks and at Ladies Day of the Grand National :roll:

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2012, 11:54 am

Chipshorter wrote:
Thank god you haven't seen Desperate Scousewives, it makes a mockery of my city by playing on negative stereotypes.

Are they true stereotypes?

And I'll have to upload the TV show when I get back from my MK/London trip. :D

identity
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2012, 12:11 pm

It sounds interesting, I might try and watch it. I understand people's reservations about it though. Here's the trailor for it that I just watched.
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the- ... -tv-trails

Chipshorter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Mar 2012, 12:19 pm

Tequila wrote:
Chipshorter wrote:

Are they true stereotypes?

For a minority there true however the show generalized Liverpudlians. I dislike whatabe WAGs as there all dolled up with no personality.
Its this X Factor culture of people instantly wanting there 15 mins of fame & will do anything to get it, that IMO is to blame for the crap TV we got in our country.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2012, 12:23 pm

Chipshorter wrote:
For a minority there true however the show generalized Liverpudlians. I dislike whatabe WAGs as there all dolled up with no personality.
Its this X Factor culture of people instantly wanting there 15 mins of fame & will do anything to get it, that IMO is to blame for the crap TV we got in our country.

Fair enough. And you didn't rise to the bait. Good on you. :)

Chipshorter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Mar 2012, 1:11 pm

Tequila wrote:
Chipshorter wrote:

Fair enough. And you didn't rise to the bait. Good on you. :)

:lol: I know when a downrigger is trying to reel me in now :wink:

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 6:12 am

Watching this right now, the guy with AS is a bit of a dick tbh and seems to be his own worst enemy.
I really like the guy with Tourettes, I'm rooting for him, 'cause the girl he's met is gorgeous, seems to have a very nice personality and they seem to get really well. Fair play to him.

Last edited by ZX_SpectrumDisorder on 05 Apr 2012, 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrJosh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Apr 2012, 1:05 pm

I watched the first episode. I actually thought it showed them in a positive light.

I thought Richard seemed like a nice guy, and I'm sure he will find someone.

I think Luke just needs to find someone who can see past the tourettes - although I did think he deals with his tourettes in his stand up routine brilliantly, a genuinely funny guy!

Penny, I thought she was a little discriminatory. She instantly dismissed her date just because he's in a wheelchair.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2012, 1:28 pm

ZX_SpectrumDisorder wrote:
I will wach it, but Channel 4 are exploitative *edit*.
Constantly producing shows that are supposed to be compassionate, when they know that a large portion of the audience are tuning in for LOLs. It's a no-lose situation for them.

Exactly this. It's like they can't even be assed to pretend it's not for laughs anymore.

This is basically all of Channel 4's "documentaries" (it says Five but it's much more applicable to Four these days):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WSUYyWLyGQ[/youtube]

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2012, 2:11 pm

Southpark did that first. ^

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2012, 4:20 pm

smudge wrote:
Southpark did that first. ^

How did you know they didn't do it afterwards? Did you check airing dates?

psych
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2012, 8:22 pm

didnt turn out to be a bad program imo, i got the impression it had been produced in a responsibly way. suprisingly it turned out closer to 'feelgood' than freakshow.

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2012, 5:31 am

psych wrote:
didnt turn out to be a bad program imo, i got the impression it had been produced in a responsibly way. suprisingly it turned out closer to 'feelgood' than freakshow.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. The AS guy's issue wasn't portrayed as the AS, it's that he's a twat.