Are most Homosexuals Atheists and Non Religious ?

Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

mikecartwright
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Mar 2012, 12:14 pm

Are most Homosexuals Atheists and Non Religious ? I ask this since you can't be a Homosexual Jew or a Homosexual Christian and or a Homosexual Muslim. The God of Abraham hates Homosexuality and Homosexuals and the Gay Lifestyle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_of_Abraham

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abrahamic_religions

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_and_homosexuality

AstroGeek
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 12:47 pm

mikecartwright wrote:
Are most Homosexuals Atheists and Non Religious ? I ask this since you can't be a Homosexual Jew or a Homosexual Christian and or a Homosexual Muslim. The God of Abraham hates Homosexuality and Homosexuals and the Gay Lifestyle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_of_Abraham

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abrahamic_religions

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_and_homosexuality

Very few Christians believe in all of the stuff in the Old Testament. In fact, it is quite possible that none of them do. I haven't heard a Christian talk about having to stone a rape victim lately, for instance. There are several churches out there that are open to gays, including the Metropolitan Church, the United Church of Canada, the Quakers, the Unitarian Universalists, and even some dioceses of the Anglican Church.

I personally am gay and not at all religious, as is my uncle. But I realized I was an atheists well before I realized that I was gay. I don't know what the relative numbers would be, but there are plenty of gay religious people out there, including a few gay clergy members (in the most liberal churches).

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 1:04 pm

I've met religious gay people before. It happens. Why wouldn't they exist? They're far more real than your zombie sky god.

You will reap what you've sown.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 1:04 pm

Yes, the old law has passed away, the love and forgiveness of Jesus replaces it.

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 1:09 pm

shrox wrote:
Yes, the old law has passed away, the love and forgiveness of Jesus replaces it.

Actually according to the bible that's not true, it's just the common line of thought.

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil."-Matthew 5:17

:wink:

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 1:15 pm

abacacus wrote:
shrox wrote:

Actually according to the bible that's not true, it's just the common line of thought.

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil."-Matthew 5:17

Very cool.

Technically yes, and we aspies love technicalities...

"But now we have been released from the law by dying to what enslaved us, so that we may serve in the new life of the Spirit, not under the old writings."
"But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter." - Romans 7:6

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 1:17 pm

Im a devot christian and a methodist I am omisexual so I do not base my attraction to people based on whats between their legs its the person that matters.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 1:20 pm

Joker wrote:
Im a devot christian and a methodist I am omisexual so I do not base my attraction to people based on whats between their legs its the person that matters.

For me, it's her breasts. Then, if I don't get slapped, I like her laugh.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 1:23 pm

shrox wrote:
Joker wrote:

For me, it's her breasts. Then, if I don't get slapped, I like her laugh.

Jut dont stare at them at her catch you then you might get slapped :lol:

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 1:23 pm

shrox wrote:
abacacus wrote:
shrox wrote:

Very cool.

"But now we have been released from the law by dying to what enslaved us, so that we may serve in the new life of the Spirit, not under the old writings."
"But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter." - Romans 7:6

So now you're openly showing off how the bible contradicts itself, and you still choose to follow it? :lol:

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 1:27 pm

abacacus wrote:
shrox wrote:
abacacus wrote:
shrox wrote:

Very cool.

So now you're openly showing off how the bible contradicts itself, and you still choose to follow it? :lol:

Agnostics contradict theirselfs by not believing in a afterlife and believing in God at the same time :wink:

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 1:28 pm

abacacus wrote:
shrox wrote:
abacacus wrote:
shrox wrote:

Very cool.

Gee, just like the the traffic sign that says right turn only at the traffic light, But if the traffic light is red, and red means stop, but the sign says right turn "only" not stop at red, what am I to do? Oh dear...

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 1:28 pm

Your grasping at straws shrox. XD

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 2:07 pm

abacacus wrote:

I'm not drowning.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 2:11 pm

shrox wrote:
abacacus wrote:

I'm not drowning.

Wow its always fun when the religious and non religous talk about why the religious are religious :lol:

Thom_Fuleri
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 2:47 pm

mikecartwright wrote:

Fortunately the God of Abraham is dead. He became unfashionable some time ago and was replaced with Jesus, who said nice things when he wasn't slaughtering pigs, burning fig trees for being out of season and bringing down the government.

You can and do get homosexuals of all faiths. I've certainly met a few gay Christians. While your faith is a product of the culture you grow up in, homosexuality is part of who you are.