Dont mind 15%  15%  [ 23 ]
Dislike 28%  28%  [ 42 ]
Hate 45%  45%  [ 68 ]
Total votes : 150

devark
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Mar 2012, 11:34 am

I love buying new clothes, matching, imagining what outfits will look like, trying new things out. (as long as my meds keep my anxiety down im good)

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 12:04 pm

I was like most of you guys, I used to hate it with a fiery passion.

Nowadays, however, I don't mind it at all. I just view it the same as buying groceries. It's something you have to do, albeit not quite as frequently as buying groceries.
I like picking my own clothes after years of having my mother pick them for me (because I honestly couldn't be bothered). Just yesterday, I bought six new t-shirts in all colours of the rainbow (no really, all colours of the visible light spectrum, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet [I already bought a red one recently]), and I had a ball picking them. I didn't take quite as long as most people who shop for clothes, but I was a pleased customer. And now at least I get to look a bit sunny in summer, with all these bright colours.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 12:08 pm

I don't mind clothes shopping if I'm shopping alone or with one or two friends. I refuse to shop with guys (unles they like clothes shopping) or my parents obviously. I don't like trying on clothes and I don't like pushy sales people but I do like choosing out the clothes and coming home with nice new clothes to wear.

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 1:25 pm

I don't really like clothes shopping and really hate shoe shopping. I have had the same pair of sneakers for about a year now, and I am stubbornly waiting to see the same pair again before I switch. As for clothing the only things I like to buy are t-shirts with retro themes like thunder cats, the goonies, acdc shirts transformer shirts. And the men's section at walmart is the only place with a nice selection in my humble opinion.

AspieAshley
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Mar 2012, 1:41 pm

I hate how they play background music in stores these days. It's really distracting and who needs that junk anyway?

I also have to wear special clothes that my mom makes for me specifically so as not to trigger my sensory issues, so that doesn't matter except for shoes, socks, wristwatches, and earmuffs (ear defenders) anyway. (All seams must be on the outside and in the back, for example.)

brickmack
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Mar 2012, 2:50 pm

I hate it. Clothes are too expensive, the clothes sections at stores I've been to are too tightly packed with stuff, and if I have to try something on I have to worry about the idea of some germy person trying it on before me. Also stores here dont seem to have any shirts I like (plain color or striped, with nothing written on it (certainly not a name of the company like a lot seem to have) unless perhaps some humorous geeky joke))

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 2:53 pm

The only place that I like to shop for clothes is at Value Village. Other than that, forget it.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 3:24 pm

I used to hate shopping for clothes as a kid, as I had severe enough sensory issues with trying on rough material, especially trousers. I used to drive my dad crazy. The moment I stepped in a clothes department I felt the heat on my skin...

I'd say I dislike it now. I have my mother pick some of my clothes, and sometimes we go together shopping. Every now and then I'd shop for shoes alone or with my friend.

mntn13
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 3:42 pm

I hate shopping. I will not go to mall shops. I think there should be shops that have no lights - only windows and skylights, no stupid music and no weird outgassing smells. Then I might go, maybe.

Map12
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Mar 2012, 4:43 pm

I used to hate clothes shopping cause my mom would make me try dresses on. I always tried to refuse since I don't feel safe wearing anything other then hoodies.

After a couple of years she finally got the picture, and now she only buys me hoodies. :D

I'm a girl

TheHouseholdCat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 6:55 pm

I hate it. I was always a pretty big kid. ^^ I never felt comfortable about my appearance and as clothes are all about appearances... Well, you can tell I hate it.

I love stationery though. And books.

"It's how they see things. It's a way of bringing class to an environment, and I say that pejoratively because, obviously, good music is good music however it's created, however it's motivated." - Thomas Newman

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 8:08 pm

I dislike it because, even when every article of clothing says it's the same size, sometimes they do not fit when I take them home and I hate trying on things at the store.

Trainbuff
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Mar 2012, 8:15 pm

Hate it... I remember when I was younger I had to tag along with my Mom and Sister while they went shopping and it was miserable lol.

Going shopping for myself... hate it.

I don't mind shopping for hygiene products at drug stores & 99 cent stores and what not.

I kinda enjoy that.

Taybot97
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Mar 2012, 12:37 am

Hate it, I make other peole choose fore me

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

26 Mar 2012, 1:14 am

I hate it. Every time I do it, I come close to a meltdown - from trying on the close, dealing with other shoppers, dealing with the temperature in the store, the lights, the loudspeakers. It's too much.

ToastableNeko
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Mar 2012, 1:27 am

Goodwill. That is how I feel. Inexpensive and usually newish-looking. I don't like shopping for clothing; I prefer shopping in the electronics isle.

And I'd like to add that I am extremely indecisive, so I get really anxious when choosing things out. Small clothing stores are much more preferable to me than department stores.