People that think you are condescending?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

metalab
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Mar 2012, 12:32 am

I am the type of aspie who just reads and reads, and thinks and thinks, and analyzes and analyzes. And I get to these conclusions and viewpoints that are just so thoroughly thought out and so thoroughly researched and so solid, that they are just truly indestructible and bullet-proof.

For most people I know whenever I lay down one of these conclusions or viewpoints, they listen intently, find it interesting, and take into account what I say.

But I have run into some people at times where I will lay down one of these viewpoints and they get extremely offended, they say I am condescending and acting with a superiority complex and 'thinking im so smart'. And I don't understand why they see this, as I don't fee like I'm acting superior or talking down, I'm just laying out a very intense and involved thought process I have gone through.

I kind of see why I offend people with this, but it seems silly to me. The people who get very offended, I don't think they have ever encountered someone who puts together extremely well planned, researched and thought out viewpoints. They are used to people saying something, them arguing back a little, the other person arguing back a little more and then there being a sort of 'ok we can both be right, I understand and respect your side'. But in the case of me, when I lay down a thought, it is so thorough that there isn't really any room for anyone elses viewpoint and it seems like some people take that as me over ruling and trying to put down every one elses viewpoint. When really I'm not. My viewpoints are generally much more thought out, researched and developed than others, and its not that I think other peoples viewpoints are inherently WRONG, but due to them not being as developed as mine it seems like they aren't when I explain my view and then people get offended because as I am laying down all this complex thought, which I just naturally enjoy doing, they think I'm somehow arguing or trying to win, or beat them down? But i'm not.

I don't really get it fully. Can I not just state clearly, extremely solid viewpoints about culture, art, society, religion and the nature of reality? Anyone else run into this?

See theres something I've come to believe and develop in myself, some modern philosophers call it "Maybe Logic" or "Quantum Logic", and it runs on the premise that nothing can ever be 100% correct. Something can only ever 'maybe' be true, even if it appears to be 100% logically sound, researched and backed. Everything only exists in varying contexts of possibility, this concept of logic was thought up based on the realizations in Quantum Mechanics concerning the fact that matter itself is a wave form of probability and never 100% concrete. "Quantum Logic" allows in it multiple, fully logically sound contexts and possibilities of truth to exist simoultaneously, versus the old form of logic "Aristotelian Logic" in which you state plainly, a is c and b is d. Everything "is" something with a certainty.

So in a mind versed with quantum logic, a completely researched, fully logically perfected viewpoint can exist as a maybe besides other equally as sound viewpoints. But in a mind still running on Aristotelian logic, you can't have multiple fully perfect logical viewpoints simultaneously, and if one viewpoint is entering the brain as appearing more logically sound then it seems in the context of Aristotelian logic that the more logically sound viewpoint is trying to overrule other viewpoints, and thus it seems like a threat. And I think people who I offend are probably running on Aristotelian logic.

But oh god that just seems terrible if I explain something to someone, offend them and they think I am condescending, and then I attempt to explain to them they are only offended because they need to upgrade from aristotelian logic to quantum logic.... well s**t. Maybe I am just a condescending as*hole? I am going to go back into my cave of isolation now.

TechnoDog
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 1:01 am

You have answered your own question. You don't think you do. But read over your text a couple of times till it syncs in.

Nothing is bullet-proof. Even bullet-proof is not bullet-proof.

?When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. Take the reason of the thing into your mind and then look forward. Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.?

Invader
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Mar 2012, 2:59 am

It's hard to draw the line between yourself being condescending and the other person taking unreasonable offense at your words.

It pretty much just boils down to the arbitrary decision of whether you believe in your own subjective perspective of what you're saying, or theirs. There is no objective way to determine whose opinion about you is the correct one.

TechnoDog wrote:
You have answered your own question. You don't think you do. But read over your text a couple of times till it syncs in.

I took the question as being about whether other people are in the same position.

TechnoDog
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 3:12 am

Invader wrote:
I took the question as being about whether other people are in the same position.

Was the part at the bottom of his text with the (?)

Quote:
Maybe I am just condescending?

?When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. Take the reason of the thing into your mind and then look forward. Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.?

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 1:35 pm

TechnoDog wrote:
Even bullet-proof is not bullet-proof.