The inscrutable Christian marriage dynamic

Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2012, 9:29 am

Ragtime wrote:
It's not a kink. The man being the leader in the home is the Christian norm, for those Christians who read the Bible. (Christians who don't read the Bible tend to drift from the Christian lifestyle and attitude, and so become less Christian over time. I don't believe in salvation loss, so by "less Christian" I'm speaking in all ways besides eternal security.)

Nobody caes about your 'Christian norm'.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2012, 10:03 am

01001011 wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
It's not a kink. The man being the leader in the home is the Christian norm, for those Christians who read the Bible. (Christians who don't read the Bible tend to drift from the Christian lifestyle and attitude, and so become less Christian over time. I don't believe in salvation loss, so by "less Christian" I'm speaking in all ways besides eternal security.)

Nobody caes about your 'Christian norm'.

It's not nice to call yourself "nobody".

TheHouseholdCat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 11:48 am

My mother was the "leader in the relationship". My father actually struggled with that because, having been raised as an orthodox Christian, he probably felt that he had to be the leader in the relationship. For the longest time, my mother also earned "the money".

My mother actually talked about her childhood a couple of weeks ago. Where she grew up, the women led the household. Because her father was not there anymore. And they did not end up on the street. They worked it out and it did not make my mother and her sister defective women.

"It's how they see things. It's a way of bringing class to an environment, and I say that pejoratively because, obviously, good music is good music however it's created, however it's motivated." - Thomas Newman

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 4:55 pm

Ragtime wrote:
CrazyCatLord wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
Despite the extreme breadth of different lifestyles on WP, and the open-mindedness thereto, my marriage dynamic and my wife and my being happy in it is extremely confusing to several WP members.

It isn't confusing. I understand D/s relationships and I'm very tolerant of all kinks and lifestyles that don't violate the SSC (safe, sane and consensual) principle.

What understandably bothers people though is that you advertise this kind of relationship as the normal, natural relationship model, and that you use your religion to do so. If this Christian D/s thing works out for you and your wife, more power to the two of you. But you have to understand that this is a minority kink that doesn't appeal to most other people and should not be forced on anybody. Especially not using religious dogma, which is a problem in itself.

Wrong. I've read the entire Bible and do my best to live as Jesus taught, but I do NOT consider it necessary for me to make my husband the leader in our home. JESUS never said anything about it, and the rest can be considered in historical context, or as directed to a specific audience. I've noted before that should we disagree I would acquiesce because I love him and want him happy, but that is different from acquiescing because I think he holds some divine authority that I do not. There is NO Theological mandate on it, as much as the majority of Christians wish to believe there is (and I will concede it is probably the majority opinion). But it is absolutely rude to dismiss opinions that differ from yours on the assumption that the only way someone could differ would be that they either haven't read or they are not practicing. That just is not true.