When does it hurt to be alone the most?
At night as you drift off to sleep 45%  45%  [ 24 ]
Seeing cute couples together 55%  55%  [ 29 ]
Total votes : 53

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 5:24 pm

Times like this makes me hate being single, sure I get my fair share of casual sex once in a while but..When I see couples together getting all soft and lubby dubby it is a reminder that I am alone. I wish I could embrace someone in my arms and be there for her and her for me, it is making me want to long for love again.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 7:01 pm

Actually, it is both. But couples wins by a slight percentage here..
Mood also counts, a lot.
There are many times I feel comfortable being by myself..

Sincerely,
Matthew

ReaperKnight
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Apr 2012, 7:24 pm

NullCoding wrote:
I hate sleeping alone. I have insomnia, yes, but it doesn't help that often, I just want someone to cuddle with, someone just for company. I don't care if it's completely platonic. It's being physically alone that reminds me of how lonely and isolated I feel and when it hurts the most.

It's the same here, except I'm sleep deprived, not an insomniac, which is possibly worse.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2012, 6:24 pm

When I was single, seeing cute couples was pretty much the main trigger of annoyance/jealousy/pure hatred.

HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 10:01 am

It's both, but falling asleep wins by a narrow margin. It's when I generally feel bad, and if I've been hearing a lot about the subject, it's one of the first things to come to mind.
Seeing couples being too intimate annoys me more than it hurts. They should get a room. I think kissing passionately in public is just as indecent as having sex in public.

RLgnome
Raven
Raven

14 Apr 2012, 9:30 pm

Seeing couples doesn't hurt, I barely notice them. What does hurt, however, is seeing single women I like, since I simply never figured out how to approach them as anything other than a friend. It always failed - if I was too careful, they saw me as friendly but not interested (I've been going out with some women I liked as friends for years without managing to take steps towards a relationship), and if I tried being more obvious, it failed badly. Could be things would've turned out differently if I was more obvious with the girls who just viewed me as friendly, and less with the other ones, but who knows. The one relationship I've had was with a girl who took the initiative herself, without any subtle hints that would otherwise fly by unnoticed. Or could be she tried that, got tired of being ignored and decided to change her strategy. More girls like her would make the world a far better place. But anyhow, next after seeing single women I like, the loneliness is worst when going to sleep or being alone when I'm in certain moods.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2012, 11:37 am

When I'm single, seeing cute couples around, or even some of my friend's, disheartens me, makes me feel nostalgic and longing and... yeah, in the need of a hug or sth.
When I'm in bed nothing usually happens, although there are sometimes when I'm actually seeing someone that suddenly I just start missing her a lot, and my bed suddenly feels too big.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2012, 1:25 pm

I suppose when someone I like is with someone else. I don't think it's that I've been rejected but the fact that I was too late. It's happened to me time and time again. There could be a person I really like and be great friends with yet she's taken. Some guy will always ask her out before me.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2012, 4:07 pm

It hurts way more to put yourself out there and be heartbroken than not to be in a relationship. If my ex hadn't made the move, I probably would never have gotten into a relationship in the first place. That's my opinion on the matter, anyways.