Page 2 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Magdalena
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Apr 2012, 5:46 pm

Holinyx wrote:
since Obama is going to steamroll Romney....i'll say....Snookie.

If he actually chose Snooki then I would vote for him just to say that I voted for him.

Sorta how in 2008 people voted for Obama to "be a part of history."

Your Aspie score: 130 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 90 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie
EQ Score: 37/100 ("low empathy")

Oldout
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 9:59 am

His choice must be able to say "yawl" at least 20 times each speech.

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 10:24 am

Mike Huckabee, Joe Lieberman, Marc Rubio, or Chris Christie would all have an advantage for Romney in some way, Mike Huckabee would sure up the base who doubt Romney's mormonism, Marc Rubio and Chris Christie would do that plus appeal to many independents and Joe Lieberman would both appeal to independents as well as some conservative democrats.

My own personal pick would be either Marc Rubio or Chris Christie though. Marc could potentially attract hispanics and likely deliver Florida for Romney. Chris makes a powerful case for conservatism that is digestible by most of the electorate.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 1:56 pm

Ron Paul would be a good choice.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 3:40 pm

MarketAndChurch wrote:
Mike Huckabee, Joe Lieberman, Marc Rubio, or Chris Christie would all have an advantage for Romney in some way, Mike Huckabee would sure up the base who doubt Romney's mormonism, Marc Rubio and Chris Christie would do that plus appeal to many independents and Joe Lieberman would both appeal to independents as well as some conservative democrats.

My own personal pick would be either Marc Rubio or Chris Christie though. Marc could potentially attract hispanics and likely deliver Florida for Romney. Chris makes a powerful case for conservatism that is digestible by most of the electorate.

Selecting a liberal Jew, who doesn't necessarily view Israel as more important than the United States: he would still win Utah, but nowhere else.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

13 Apr 2012, 7:45 pm

Chris Christie is a possibility but he doesn't really carry any demographic for Romney. I very much doubt Romney and Christie would make much inroad in the Northeast. I think Christie is the plan for the establishment in 2016 if Romney loses.

I'm about 90% sure it's going to be Rubio. Picking Rubio almost all but guarantees Romney will carry Florida and could possibly help sway other Hispanics(besides Cubans) to vote GOP. Rubio being the son of immigrants balances out Romney's "old money" perception, and he's young so he doesn't have much of a record to attack him on.

Paul Ryan I definitely don't think will be considered. His budget plan is too much of a lightening rod and too specific for a presidential campaign. He's only a congressman so he it's not like Romney will win over a statewide base of support by picking Ryan either.

After Rubio, I think Nikki Haley, Susana Martinez. Brian Sandoval are other candidates for similar reasons as Rubio.

Rakshasa72
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 7:49 pm

I'm going to predict Newt Gingrich. I don't think it's as much of a long shot as people think.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 8:35 pm

As Romney's credentials as a conservative have from the beginning been questioned, I think he'll be looking to one of the two lunatics he's been running against - Gingrich or "Frothy" Santorum - regardless of the hurt and angry feelings.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 8:38 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Chris Christie is a possibility but he doesn't really carry any demographic for Romney. I very much doubt Romney and Christie would make much inroad in the Northeast. I think Christie is the plan for the establishment in 2016 if Romney loses.

I'm about 90% sure it's going to be Rubio. Picking Rubio almost all but guarantees Romney will carry Florida and could possibly help sway other Hispanics(besides Cubans) to vote GOP. Rubio being the son of immigrants balances out Romney's "old money" perception, and he's young so he doesn't have much of a record to attack him on.

Paul Ryan I definitely don't think will be considered. His budget plan is too much of a lightening rod and too specific for a presidential campaign. He's only a congressman so he it's not like Romney will win over a statewide base of support by picking Ryan either.

After Rubio, I think Nikki Haley, Susana Martinez. Brian Sandoval are other candidates for similar reasons as Rubio.

If Rubio wants the job he would be a savvy choice for reasons you said.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 8:38 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
As Romney's credentials as a conservative have from the beginning been questioned, I think he'll be looking to one of the two lunatics he's been running against - Gingrich or "Frothy" Santorum - regardless of the hurt and angry feelings.

His best choice would be Ron Paul.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 9:13 pm

Joker wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

But would a politician like Paul, who has genuine ideals who sticks with, be willing to be second banana to the human Etchasketch?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

13 Apr 2012, 9:49 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Joker wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

But would a politician like Paul, who has genuine ideals who sticks with, be willing to be second banana to the human Etchasketch?

Ron would never be offered the VP spot. Romney is a neocon and surrounds himself with neocons. The only remotely plausible scenario where that could happen was in the event of a deal at a brokered convention which seems unlikely at this point with Santorum out. Ron would most likely not accept such an offer from someone like Romney and if he did, the only reason would be because he is retiring from congress and he could have a pulpit promote Austrian economics and individual liberty. You wouldn't pick a VP that criticizes most of what the president does unless that was the only way he could be elected. Now if the GOP was smart they'd read the writing on the wall with the youth movement behind Dr. Paul and that his supporters will not vote for another big government neoconservative but obvious they're not as evidence by the way they have treated Ron this primary season.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 10:01 pm

Maybe Elmer Fudd, to reassure gun enthusiasts.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 10:02 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Joker wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

True I guess Paul wouldn't be a good choice because he is a libertarian and often aruges a lot with the neocons about lots of things.

gotwake
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Apr 2012, 4:53 am

Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Joker wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Ron would never be offered the VP spot. Romney is a neocon and surrounds himself with neocons. The only remotely plausible scenario where that could happen was in the event of a deal at a brokered convention which seems unlikely at this point with Santorum out. Ron would most likely not accept such an offer from someone like Romney and if he did, the only reason would be because he is retiring from congress and he could have a pulpit promote Austrian economics and individual liberty. You wouldn't pick a VP that criticizes most of what the president does unless that was the only way he could be elected. Now if the GOP was smart they'd read the writing on the wall with the youth movement behind Dr. Paul and that his supporters will not vote for another big government neoconservative but obvious they're not as evidence by the way they have treated Ron this primary season.

Paul would immediately reject the offer, anyway.
I'm predicting a brokered convention. The GOP is going to nominate a peace-mongering budget-hawk, or self destruct in Tampa. Santorum dropped out and pretended animosity in order to try to stop a brokered convention. But what many don't realize is that many "Romney delegates" have Paul shirts underneath and just cannot wait for the second round of voting.
Personally, I think he should declare independent candidacy at the convention, walk out with over 300 unbound delegates and screw the GOP convention up, then get a head start while they deliberate for a week and cry about how the campaign "ruined" the party. Then, the campaign should just file a lawsuit against the National GOP for all of the caucus fraud going on on a national basis which is being documented. Its going to be an interesting summer......

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 5:07 am

gotwake wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Joker wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Paul would immediately reject the offer, anyway.
I'm predicting a brokered convention. The GOP is going to nominate a peace-mongering budget-hawk, or self destruct in Tampa. Santorum dropped out and pretended animosity in order to try to stop a brokered convention. But what many don't realize is that many "Romney delegates" have Paul shirts underneath and just cannot wait for the second round of voting.
Personally, I think he should declare independent candidacy at the convention, walk out with over 300 unbound delegates and screw the GOP convention up, then get a head start while they deliberate for a week and cry about how the campaign "ruined" the party. Then, the campaign should just file a lawsuit against the National GOP for all of the caucus fraud going on on a national basis which is being documented. Its going to be an interesting summer......

We can always hope!