Page 9 of 10 [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 4:17 pm

shrox wrote:
Anyway, we have proven a major contribution of religion. The Catholic Schoolgirl Look. No one can argue against that...well, I suppose the Amish might.

Mennonite women have the sexiest ankles--IF you can catch a bad Mennonite chick walking around without wearing socks. Those girls can rock cross-trainer sneakers like no one else.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 4:45 pm

Well, in light of the Revelation and Acceptance of the Amazing Phenomena of the CSL (Catholic Schoolgirl Look), I think we can conclude Christianity has been a good thing.

Oh, and the eternal life stuff too, that's a win.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 4:51 pm

Vigilans wrote:
slave wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
Lol @ one of the most misused words in human history... "scientific".
Anything that is said to be "scientific"... "well, by golly, that's got to be true!" :o "It says so right there: 'scientific!' " :P

Yeah!! Holy crap, all those genius scientists make up all that 'scientific' gobblegook and all those crazy people believe it and for no good reason. Sarc off

Btw, the computer that you typed your comment on was designed by the 'scientific' community. So if you despise Science so much why do you use it.

That's not what he meant, I happen to agree with him, "Scientific" is often misused for products like those X-Ray glasses

You're right, that was my main meaning. But don't you wonder whether people 50 years from now will look back at some of the things we accept as "scientific" today, and have this same conversation about how gullible we were? There are subtler fakes than x-ray glasses.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 4:59 pm

Ragtime wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
slave wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
Anything that is said to be "scientific"... "well, by golly, that's got to be true!" :o "It says so right there: 'scientific!' " :P

Yeah!! Holy crap, all those genius scientists make up all that 'scientific' gobblegook and all those crazy people believe it and for no good reason. Sarc off

Btw, the computer that you typed your comment on was designed by the 'scientific' community. So if you despise Science so much why do you use it.

That's not what he meant, I happen to agree with him, "Scientific" is often misused for products like those X-Ray glasses

You're right, that was my main meaning. But don't you wonder whether people 50 years from now will look back at some of the things we accept as "scientific" today, and have this same conversation about how gullible we were? There are subtler fakes than x-ray glasses.

Certainly. There are a lot of things that come to mind for me now that are extremely unscientific but are advertised as such. A lot of "alternative medicines" for example.

Certain theories that however were derived scientifically will fall out of favor or prove erroneous. In fact I hope so because that might mean there will finally be a "Grand Unified Theory" of physics or at least we'll be closer to it. One hundred years ago people believed in the N-ray. A hundred years earlier, phlogiston was considered a substance within matter that caused combustion. When objects no longer burned they were considered "dephlogistonated". This theory was not true obviously but it did help lead to the discovery of oxygen. New discoveries tend to lead to more complex questions

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 5:02 pm

Ragtime wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
slave wrote:
Ragtime wrote:

There are a lot of silly food, nutrition and exercise scams based on "scientific" claims now too. The word science has become like an icon itself, especially in marketing.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 5:28 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
slave wrote:
Ragtime wrote:

Certainly. There are a lot of things that come to mind for me now that are extremely unscientific but are advertised as such. A lot of "alternative medicines" for example.

Certain theories that however were derived scientifically will fall out of favor or prove erroneous. In fact I hope so because that might mean there will finally be a "Grand Unified Theory" of physics or at least we'll be closer to it. One hundred years ago people believed in the N-ray. A hundred years earlier, phlogiston was considered a substance within matter that caused combustion. When objects no longer burned they were considered "dephlogistonated". This theory was not true obviously but it did help lead to the discovery of oxygen. New discoveries tend to lead to more complex questions

They hadn't discovered oxygen yet? No wonder back then there was so much talk of blue bloods! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 6:28 pm

AngelRho wrote:
There's nothing at all really sexy about the Catholic Schoolgirl look strictly speaking. It's the NAUGHTY Catholic Schoolgirl look, the look that says "I told the nun I got my period so I could cut class and smoke a joint behind the convent." She's the kind of girl many a boy with low self-esteem lost his virginity to because she got bored in the middle of Wednesday mass.

It could be something like that, and have gotten the reputation not because the outfit looks naughty, but because it looks impossibly innocent.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 6:33 pm

Ragtime wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
There's nothing at all really sexy about the Catholic Schoolgirl look strictly speaking. It's the NAUGHTY Catholic Schoolgirl look, the look that says "I told the nun I got my period so I could cut class and smoke a joint behind the convent." She's the kind of girl many a boy with low self-esteem lost his virginity to because she got bored in the middle of Wednesday mass.

It could be something like that, and have gotten the reputation not because the outfit looks naughty, but because it looks impossibly innocent.

Hot Donna!!

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 1:02 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=874WtL5OS_0[/youtube]

blunnet
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 10:42 pm

What is the world?
Answer: Everything mundane.

So yeah, pretty much everything that isn't heavenly or for the purpose of "glorifying God."

Few examples:
Secularism is mundane, therefore is bad.

"Music that isn't christian music is music of the world, entertainment that isn't for the solely purpose of glorifying God is of the world, therefore is bad.
("He who is not with me is against me")

I have been there (a secluded church), thank God I'm mundane right now!

Last edited by blunnet on 17 Apr 2012, 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 10:46 pm

In 50 years all 5 dentists will reccomend the same toothpaste. (similar ads for doctors or scientests) Would we still use toothpaste 50 years from now 8O

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 11:21 pm

Before toothpaste, salt and baking soda were used.

Sylkat :roll: