why is social interaction so exhausting?

Page 4 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

TARDIScompanion
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Oct 2012, 7:09 pm

haHA! THANK YOU!! !! so it's a loop, for sure, huh?
I know loops.. i can do loops.. i kicked their ass before! AHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

it sure pays off to kno thy enemy.

thank you so much!

-bounds away to do battle-

"What goes bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud? - - -A Time Lord committing suicide." - Graffito the Prydonian.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2012, 7:15 pm

:lol: exactly.......it is a loop.....

fight on and prevail , fearless warrior!

knowbody15
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Oct 2012, 7:52 pm

Look at this, we came up with a concept, the loop....which btw, that's how my shrink describes it. He says a lot about this, and I could go on, but he ezplains how thoughts usually end up as actions. Our brain is a motor and a transmission, we get a thought, and it goes into our transmission, where it's transferred into a action. He says I have a transmission defect, where my thoughts don't go anywhere, I just sit there and rev the motor in neutral. And the thought just loops from the engine to the transmission, over and over.

So sometimes I have to tell myself, if I can't figure out some action, a physical action to complete this thought, like "so and so doesn't like me..." I should act and either call the person and ask, which is rediculous, or stop thinking about it. If my thought is "im hungry" then I should eat, or plan to eat, and move on.

but he describes it as a physical defect in the frontal lobe.....I've yet to dive deeper into this, but I imagine some brain cells are simply firing incorrectly. Of course, on top of that, there's gonna enviromental influences....I'm tired now.,..

TARDIScompanion
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Oct 2012, 8:12 pm

knowbody15 wrote:
Look at this, we came up with a concept, the loop....which btw, that's how my shrink describes it. He says a lot about this, and I could go on, but he ezplains how thoughts usually end up as actions. Our brain is a motor and a transmission, we get a thought, and it goes into our transmission, where it's transferred into a action. He says I have a transmission defect, where my thoughts don't go anywhere, I just sit there and rev the motor in neutral. And the thought just loops from the engine to the transmission, over and over.

So sometimes I have to tell myself, if I can't figure out some action, a physical action to complete this thought, like "so and so doesn't like me..." I should act and either call the person and ask, which is rediculous, or stop thinking about it. If my thought is "im hungry" then I should eat, or plan to eat, and move on.

but he describes it as a physical defect in the frontal lobe.....I've yet to dive deeper into this, but I imagine some brain cells are simply firing incorrectly. Of course, on top of that, there's gonna enviromental influences....I'm tired now.,..

hahahah! yeh, i can see that. now if I can remember it that will begood too! ;)

AHAHah I just got stuck in this song not two seconds after I saw your post.

how's that for self-predestination?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYXjLbMZFmo

yeah, it's like yo uget snagged on a tree branach overhanging the riuver. the key is realizing it and watching yourself for patterns of behaviour. ;) good night, i gotta sleep! hugs to you all, guys!! ! ;)

"What goes bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud? - - -A Time Lord committing suicide." - Graffito the Prydonian.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2012, 12:38 am

knowbody15 wrote:

That makes a lot of sense.......I do feel like I'm revving my motor in neutral.........that's what keeps happening "so and so doesn't like me" repeating over and over again. I'll usually analyse why she doesn't like me at some point but then the "she doesn't like me" still keeps playing uselessly in my head. It makes sense......frontal lobes are associated with executive function....frontal lobe defects associated with things like poor action planning and problems solving and perseveration. I don't think "they" know what exactly the frontal lobe defect in ASD is. There are frontal lobe defects in a lot of disorders btw. Studies have shown certain areas of the frontal lobes are actually smaller than in NT's, we have less less white matter (connections) and too many local connections not enough connections to far away parts of the brain............it could be all or any of these things.......but neuroscience is still in its infancy so "they" don't really know yet. I studied bio-psychology for my degree so I've looked at some of these studies.

Speaking of EF problems and of going to bed f******! I kept promising myself I wouldn't go to bed any later than 1AM and now it's 1:35 and I'm really hungry because I was reading for hours and forgot to eat and was going to just check the threads I posted in earlier before I went to bed but now I've spent a long time looking at this site and posting and now I'm probably going to go eat so I probably won't go to bed until 2 again!

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2012, 12:40 am

TARDIScompanion wrote:
knowbody15 wrote:

yeah, it's like yo uget snagged on a tree branach overhanging the riuver. the key is realizing it and watching yourself for patterns of behaviour. ;) good night, i gotta sleep! hugs to you all, guys!! ! ;)

*hugs* :) good night

knowbody15
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Oct 2012, 1:31 am

TARDIScompanion wrote:

You're saying you and I are predestined to have a mock medieval Japanese style sword fight. That is an awesome song btw.

knowbody15
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Oct 2012, 2:09 am

daydreamer84 wrote:

That makes a lot of sense.......I do feel like I'm revving my motor in neutral.........that's what keeps happening "so and so doesn't like me" repeating over and over again. I'll usually analyse why she doesn't like me at some point but then the "she doesn't like me" still keeps playing uselessly in my head. It makes sense......frontal lobes are associated with executive function....frontal lobe defects associated with things like poor action planning and problems solving and perseveration. I don't think "they" know what exactly the frontal lobe defect in ASD is. There are frontal lobe defects in a lot of disorders btw. Studies have shown certain areas of the frontal lobes are actually smaller than in NT's, we have less less white matter (connections) and too many local connections not enough connections to far away parts of the brain............it could be all or any of these things.......but neuroscience is still in its infancy so "they" don't really know yet. I studied bio-psychology for my degree so I've looked at some of these studies.

Speaking of EF problems and of going to bed f******! I kept promising myself I wouldn't go to bed any later than 1AM and now it's 1:35 and I'm really hungry because I was reading for hours and forgot to eat and was going to just check the threads I posted in earlier before I went to bed but now I've spent a long time looking at this site and posting and now I'm probably going to go eat so I probably won't go to bed until 2 again!

If it's problem solving, we give ourselves a potentially imaginary problem, with no possible solution. And without that solution to make it go away, it keeps bumping up against the glass....the problem solving machine keeps malfunctioning. Put some analytical skills on top of that malfunctioning process and it's overthinking party time.

TARDIScompanion
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Oct 2012, 8:51 am

knowbody15 wrote:
TARDIScompanion wrote:

You're saying you and I are predestined to have a mock medieval Japanese style sword fight. That is an awesome song btw.

hehehhhpay attention my lovely new friend, i said SELF-predestination, in reference to the loop of self.

;) entendre FTW!

But yes, i heartily concur that theworld needs more samurai sword duels. preferrably one ofthem including me. adn you, if you like! ;)

knowbody15
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Oct 2012, 1:58 pm

TARDIScompanion wrote:
knowbody15 wrote:
TARDIScompanion wrote:

hehehhhpay attention my lovely new friend, i said SELF-predestination, in reference to the loop of self.

;) entendre FTW!

But yes, i heartily concur that theworld needs more samurai sword duels. preferrably one ofthem including me. adn you, if you like! ;)

Ahhhhhhhh I see :) I think I see. I probably do see, but maybe I don't see, but ultimately I see.....or High C, which is a delicious drink, or "spicy", which rhymes with "I see," OR (wait for it) ICEE....so good....mmmmmm. Or "Miami Vicey" if you were using the hit 80's cop drama "Miami Vice" as an adjective. Did I just kill this thread?

TARDIScompanion
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Oct 2012, 2:02 pm

knowbody15 wrote:
TARDIScompanion wrote:
knowbody15 wrote:
TARDIScompanion wrote:

;) entendre FTW!

Ahhhhhhhh I see :) I think I see. I probably do see, but maybe I don't see, but ultimately I see.....or High C, which is a delicious drink, or "spicy", which rhymes with "I see," OR (wait for it) ICEE....so good....mmmmmm. Or "Miami Vicey" if you were using the hit 80's cop drama "Miami Vice" as an adjective. Did I just kill this thread?

heheheh. I see you, and drop you an
IDIC.

top that! ;)

It's my birthday tomorrow! So, happy my birthday everyone! here's to everyone in the world having a great day to-morrow!

;)

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

03 Oct 2012, 2:08 pm

I think it's the fact that people with ASDs have a hard time keeping track of who is talking to who, as well as replying to the people who ARE talking to them, and a whole bunch of other factors that would take too long to list. I know this is true for me.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2012, 7:20 pm

knowbody15 wrote:
daydreamer84 wrote:

If it's problem solving, we give ourselves a potentially imaginary problem, with no possible solution. And without that solution to make it go away, it keeps bumping up against the glass....the problem solving machine keeps malfunctioning. Put some analytical skills on top of that malfunctioning process and it's overthinking party time.

indeed..........also in response to your other post happy upcoming birthday. :)

TARDIScompanion
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Oct 2012, 9:24 am

thank you daydreamer! and again, happy my birthday today everyone!

AHVEA GREAT DAY!! !

knowbody15
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Oct 2012, 3:06 pm

Happy birthday Tardiscompanion:)

TARDIScompanion
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Oct 2012, 3:37 pm

knowbody15 wrote:
Happy birthday Tardiscompanion:)

;) thankies thankies!