Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

LemonTree
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 May 2012, 5:13 pm

As a kid, I used to hate my arm hair, because the other kids commented on it from time to time. The hairs are pale, and I learned to accept them - I don't like them, but they're there. My eyebrows, however, are plucked every other day - my hair is light blonde, but my eyebrows are dark brown, and most of the hairs are ridiculously long and thick, so they seem really bushy and in-your-face (which is odd, since they're in my face), even if there aren't that many hairs. I didn't start plucking them until I was 16 or 17, and I've increased the amount of plucking and cutting over the years, finding my "true" eyebrows last year. I don't mind plucking them, but when I pull out a thick hair, I often bleed a little, and that's not very nice... But I feel like I have to do it - I don't feel too good about my looks, and I feel that I have to do what I can to improve myself... When that's said, I think everyone should do as they like with their hair (no matter where on the body it is), and there's certainly nothing wrong about keeping what one was born with :-) Also, overplucked brows or heavy, drawn brows are awful - I once, at work, had to help a lady who had two sets of eyebrows - shaven off, stubby brows where there was supposed to be hair, and thick, dark purple ones drawn almost a a centimetre above them. I have no idea what she'd be aiming at, but it looked so weird that I hardly could keep myself from smiling like an idiot :oops:

pokerface
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2012, 1:30 pm

I went through a phase in which I plucked my eyebrows myself. Since the result of that effort looked very odd I quickly stopped doing it.
I don't shape my eyebrows anymore and the thought of going to a professional to have them done freaks me out.

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 3:22 pm

Neat "heavy" brows are actually pretty fashionable. They frame your face better than anything and it's a look not everyone can do.
I fill mine in a little extra because I like the look of it.

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.