Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

0kami
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Apr 2012, 11:06 am

I think in terms of my personal experience that I usualy keep a stable mood and that any anger that I have I don't express. The only time my anger comes out, is when it builds up over time(or an extreme situation), so when I become noticeably angry/unhappy it is unexpected and seemingly out of nowhere. So maybe anger may seem to have significance in people with Aspergers, as becuase emotions are hidden, dulled or not expressed it only means noticeable anger appears in extremes, that is sometimes shocking to other people.

TheHouseholdCat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 8:08 pm

WerewolfPoet wrote:
Some (possibly many) autistics are hypersensitive to their emotions and feel everything at an intense level. I, for one, am ecstatic when I am happy; I am dejected when I am sad; I am infuriated when I am angry. Perhaps this hyper-emotionality amplifies the normal human range of anger in some Aspies and causes these so-called "anger outbursts."

I can relate to that. My emotions are all-encompassing. Which is why it's so extreme for me to like someone a lot. I can't deal with all the excess emotion. ^^

"It's how they see things. It's a way of bringing class to an environment, and I say that pejoratively because, obviously, good music is good music however it's created, however it's motivated." - Thomas Newman

Kyra71
Raven
Raven

16 Apr 2012, 8:17 pm

Under positive circumstances I'm not an angry person; it's an emotion I very rarely feel. But when someone treats me badly and I'm provoked, then yeah, I get really angry. (I tend to bottle it all inside though!)