How did Mitt Romney win the Republican Nomination?

Page 5 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

NarcissusSavage
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2012, 4:44 am

Uh... Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Ron still running for Repub nomination?

I know there is some weird media blackout on anything Dr. Paul related... but we going to do that here too?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2012, 6:06 am

NarcissusSavage wrote:
Uh... Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Ron still running for Repub nomination?

I know there is some weird media blackout on anything Dr. Paul related... but we going to do that here too?

No. Ron Paul is not stupid. He knows we does not have a chance to be nominated by the Republican Part. And even if he were, he would lose --- big time.

ruveyn

CoMF
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Apr 2012, 10:58 am

NarcissusSavage wrote:

Yup. In fact, he's now the only other primary candidate in the running and could (though the chance is admittedly slim) get all of Santorum's delegates and perhaps some of Gingrich's.

ruveyn wrote:
No. Ron Paul is not stupid. He knows we does not have a chance to be nominated by the Republican Part. And even if he were, he would lose --- big time.

That may have been true in 2008, but as the only real anti-war candidate and alternative to the Obamney twins, I think the margin of an Obama victory in the general elections would be much narrower than we're led to believe.