Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2012, 7:58 pm

Some teachers are angry, frustrated people who should not be teaching. And they're mean to almost any kind (to an extent that it would shock and surprise parents).

League_Girl wrote:
I think some people like to take advantage of kids disabilities by abusing them knowing they get away with it because the kid can't go home and tell on them.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/25/us/new-je ... ?hpt=hp_c1 (30 second crapola commercial, sorry)

1:23
Teacher: “Did you go to see any books in the library or you just looked at sculptures [child crying] Oh Akian, you are a bastard.”

She would not use profanity in front of a child who could report it to a parent.

So, yes, both are true. Some of these bad teachers are meaner to kids with disabilities.

-----------------------

So this idiot teacher takes it so personally that:

1) an autistic child wants to do something original and creative (the sculptures might be more interesting than the books!)

2) that the child cries.

She harshly and trickily blames the child using complex language and sentence structure. She's not saying something coachful. She's saying something blameful.

Last edited by AardvarkGoodSwimmer on 25 Apr 2012, 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2012, 8:10 pm

Some possible institutional reforms:

I've long thought it's kind of crazy having one teacher supervising 20 kids. As an example, it wouldn't be such a winning set-up having one seasoned CPA supervising 20 new accountants.

So, maybe two teachers in each classroom as a transitional reform to the current system? (the worse offenders will have to be on somewhat better behavior) This combined with more frequent casual watching of the classroom by seasoned people.

mntn13
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2012, 12:01 am

I have been upset about this all day. Just want to teach the teachers a lesson, even though that'd be bringing myself down to their level.
:cry:
:evil:
Tomorrow I am going to do a painting about this.
It is all I can think of to do.

ptjman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Apr 2012, 4:28 pm

this video repulses me so much.I really feel bad for the kid that his teacher would coax him into freaking out.

Sparkstorm
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Apr 2012, 7:38 am

I hope that teacher is never employed again anywhere... ever!
People like this are bullies. Were she a child now, at any opportunity she would be bullying this poor kid.
Some people really do just make me think: "and I'm disabled?"

flamingshorts
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Apr 2012, 6:25 am

Just wanted to point out the facebook site. Looks like we have CNN, Anderson Cooper and lawyers involved.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/NoMoreTeacherBullies

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2012, 3:22 pm

Just goes to show you that teachers can be bullies.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2012, 8:22 pm

Sparkstorm wrote:
. . . Some people really do just make me think: "and I'm disabled?"
Excellent, excellent point! :D

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2012, 8:13 pm

It's good that the teacher was fired. I also feel that the aids should get fired, never being allowed to work with children again.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2012, 8:34 pm

AardvarkGoodSwimmer wrote:
Sparkstorm wrote:
. . . Some people really do just make me think: "and I'm disabled?"
Excellent, excellent point! :D

best way to put it, i agree.

sometimes i dont understand how people can live with themselves.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 7:35 pm

I can totally confirm that this can be the worst, teachers who're supposed to look after you for several hours a day shouting at you, shaking you and yanking you (not sure if this happened here), answering "what's going to happen"-questions/autistic repetitive questions in intentionally misinforming and, I think, vile ways, calling you names (I know of a case in which a young kid was called the worst of names such as a****** in front of other students not just once either) - because even if you don't understand every single word they say or their physical mistreatment, that really has the power to make stress levels in any kid sky-rocket. And ridiculously high stress in autistic kids and adults, they hamper development of new skills and academic learning and learnt skills and abilities such as doing maths or talking or going from familiar place A to familiar place B can suddenly turn out to "be gone". Way to go when dealing with autistic people.

I understand how come teachers at my regular school over 10 years ago in 5th and 6th grades had no understanding of this (though I can't forever understand how come they laughed and pointed and didn't try to get someone else involved to help me), albeit I have very little understanding of teachers like that these day who can receive of help and get tons of information even if that can make several workdays end really late. And most of all, anyone working for serious in a classroom specifically for autistic students should be painfully aware of this so there's the excuse of ignorance and not knowing of the severity of the consequences of their actions is working 0%. URGH. So disgusting.

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2012, 1:34 pm

teacher fired but aides in the classroom sent to other areas of the same school. That teacher can re-apply to another school.

Also I'm tired of hearing people stand up for these teachers by saying "Oh you just don't know how hard it is watching different kids!" :roll:

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2012, 2:01 pm

Check this out. ABC seems to care more about the poor teacher who was taped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmPL1K9ucgQ