Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

DanLueck
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Apr 2012, 10:54 pm

What's you're opinion of Fallout: New Vegas?

What was your favorite path?:
Caesar's legion (Render Unto Caesar)
New California Republic (For the Republic)
Mr. House (The House Always Wins)
Independent/Yes Man (No Gods, No Masters/Wild Card)

What was your favorite Gun?

What was your favorite Energy weapon?

What was your favorite DLC weapon?

Favorite Companion?

Favorite Armor?

Personally, I loved the game and got all the big DLC (Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, The Lonesome Roads).
My favorite path was Yes Man, favorite Gun was the Anti-Material Rifle, favorite Energy weapon was Elijah's Jury-Rigged Tesla Cannon, Favorite DLC weapon was the Survivalist's Rifle, favorite companion was Tied with Craig Boone and Arcade Gannon, and favorite Armor was Assassin's Armor.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2012, 10:56 pm

I wasn't able to finish it on a PS3 because of it freezing so much. Pretty good game though, it's a shame.

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

mglosenger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Apr 2012, 11:24 pm

I greatly enjoyed New Vegas, moreso overall than FO3, although FO3 did somehow feel more epic overall.

My favorite path is Independent, although I tried NCR after to see what it was like..

Favorite gun = laser rifle with the scope and the other mods.. it is vicious

Energy weapon = laser rifle

DLC weapon = I bought all the DLC but never played.. I would have needed to start over and I didn't get very far (see below..)

Companion = I used Boone the most, although in hindsight, blowing the head off the person who sold his wife into slavery is too much for me.. so on my next goround I'd go with somebody else.. Boone is highly deadly though

Armor = I don't remember.. the Tesla stuff at the end I think? it seems like there was other armor though..

re: companion, I'd take ED.. 9 was it? I discovered that in non-hardcore mode he's deadly and hard to drop.. and even in hardcore mode he's tough, as long as you don't let him get overwhelmed.. oh and I've given a floating orb a gender it doesn't actually possess.. whoopsie

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2012, 11:32 pm

I'm rather old school so every time I'd acquire energy weapons and cells I'd immediately, with Cass in tow, head to Gun Runners and cash them in. I prefer the Weathered 10mm pistol, the 9mm pistol, the grenade launcher, and the missile launcher (only way to kill those dagnabbit Death Claws!) Which metal armor I could find is fine with me. (Yes, I'm still playing New Vegas. I'm close to level 26 as we speak). I also like the katana but I only used it once then sold it to a highway merchant because it cost like 2400 caps or something. I'd like to get it back, though but I forget who i'd sold it to! I thought I'd dropped it off in the dinosaur gift shop in Novac but I guess I didn't. My favorite companion BTW is Dogmeat who is, unfortunately, not in New Vegas. Cass dies waaaay too easily. Oh well. You can't have everything.

AldousH
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Apr 2012, 1:09 am

My favorite armor was the Desert ranger combat armor - by far. DLC weapon Christine's rifle, The anti-material rifle from the main esm with Maria (that counts as a silent gun btw.) and the combat shotgun with anything remotely AP for ammo as honorary mentions. I was pretty disappointed with the BOZAR, a lot weaker then in Fallout 2 and way to expensive. Nevertheless, a fun weapon that feels the niche for medium range guns in mid-to-late game. I did feel a lack of that before the gun runners add on.

I followed the Yes Man, NCR and House paths. Always sided with the NCR in the conflict. Favorite companions where ED-E and Boon. I also liked Veronica - to bad you can't make her see Christine again.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2012, 12:30 am

For The Republic!

Nymphonomicon
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Apr 2012, 8:13 pm

I was expecting the Legion to betray my character in the ending and enslave her.
Aside from that, I rather liked that faction.

Thump-Thump

Plasma Defender (GRA)

Police Pistol (Dead Money)

Favorite Companion?
Rose of Sharon Cassidy

Favorite Armor?
Remnants Power Armor

I also loved Fallout: New Vegas and have bought most of the DLC, I even bought it on Steam so I can play it on PC. I think I spent over 400 hours playing it on the 360.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2012, 8:40 pm

What's you're opinion of Fallout: New Vegas?
Great game overall, despite its bugs. Pretty underrated, to, especially by those who say they prefer Fallout 3. I did like Fallout 3, and enjoy some things about it more, but I think New Vegas changed a lot of things for the better. It had a better story, and gave you more than one side to take to get all the different endings. I never played the older games, but as I understand it, New Vegas is apparently closer to the original idea of Fallout 3, or rather Van Buren.

Can't really say as I've only played through once so far. While Caesar's Legion is my favorite faction, I couldn't resist following(or ordering around) the great character that is Yes Man.

Not sure. There are definitely cool guns, only made better with actual iron sights, but I've found it's a ton of fun to try to go with only being unarmed. So the golden boxing gloves in the Lucky 38 would have to be my favorite. :P

Don't really have one.

Haven't bought any DLC except for Dead Money, and I've yet to play that. Unfortunately I've only heard bad stuff about it.

Favorite Companion?
I do like Boone and Cass, but there's just something about ED-E that's just so awesome. Haven't had any others yet.

Favorite Armor?
I like the Ranger armor that the NCR soldier wears on the box art. I'm torn between that and the general attire of the Legion.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2012, 11:09 pm

Boxman108 wrote:
Favorite Armor?
I like the Ranger armor that the NCR soldier wears on the box art. I'm torn between that and the general attire of the Legion.

That would be NCR Ranger Veterans armor.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2012, 12:25 am

Titangeek wrote:
Boxman108 wrote:
Favorite Armor?

That would be NCR Ranger Veterans armor.

Ah, yeah, that's it. I'm no good with names when there's hundreds of items in the game. :P Guess I should read the Fallout wiki some more.

jhighl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Apr 2012, 7:46 pm

i go for the republic... but i havent actually finished the game yet. Played alot but dont have the map packs... But i do for fall out 3.

Disraeli
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 May 2012, 12:23 am

I was disappointed by the DLC add-ons. Dead Money and Old World Blues were decent, but I am not sure they were worth the $10 each for them. The other two were not impressive at all.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2012, 4:54 pm

Been a long time since I've played the game....
I'm definitely a Republican... in the game.

Cass was my favorite companion. It's hard to beat that whiskey rose perk.

I was a hardcore roleplayer, a cowboy, so I did not use armor, just the cowboy duster.... I think that's the name.

I used the cowboy perk and tried to stick with revolvers. I loved the .44mag with hand loaded swc's.... :twisted:

For tricky stuff like cazadors, deathclaws, and paladins, I used "this machine" with handloads... Pops through BOS armor like nothin'! :twisted:

Never really used any energy weapons... I'll have to do a fast replay, with all the dlc this summer.

AldousH
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 May 2012, 11:44 pm

Nymphonomicon wrote:

I was expecting the Legion to betray my character in the ending and enslave her.
Aside from that, I rather liked that faction.

Really? Why?

Their only redeemable feature is far outweighed by their general nastiness.

It's sad that there isn't any multilayer version of the game... I would of loved for our characters to meet. :wink: Just imagine... A silent desert night, under the moonlight, my hero of the republic crouched behind a bush, in full Desert ranger armor with an anti-material rifle in hand and Slasher in the bloodstream. Hundreds of meters from your little insane totalitarian... Spearing the innocents of the Mojave of your evilness with a .50 AP to the head :twisted:. Poetry.

For the republic [my "1" key doesn't work]

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2012, 10:14 pm

Eh, the NCR is too closely based on the US army for me to even consider them as decent. That said, I've recently found out that the Legion is sexist, what with my newly created character, Captain Sillypants, being female, but I suppose that's not too far off from killing people and taking over villages and whatnot. I think every faction in the game has its pros and cons, but personally I see myself still agreeing more with Caesar's ideology than with anyone else. Then again, I've only sided with Yes Man before, so maybe I should explore working with Mr. House on another playthrough to further explore his character.