Wolves To Be Poisoned Over Tar Sands in Canada

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 8:10 pm

As an Animal lover this is very disappointing to hear Predators like the wolf play an important part of the eco system.
Humans seem to think they own this world.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 8:14 pm

Aprilviolets wrote:
As an Animal lover this is very disappointing to hear Predators like the wolf play an important part of the eco system.
Humans seem to think they own this world.

Yeah true when it's animals that have been here longer.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 9:48 pm

edgewaters wrote:
persian85033 wrote:
Besides, I think Canada is planning to leave the Commonwealth after Elizabeth II's reign. Elizabeth II will be the last monarch.

Over my dead body, and many other Loyalists besides (the UEL is still active across the country, always will be). Unless the English do it, which might pose something of a problem (even though technically the Queen of England and Queen of Canada are different offices and losing one doesn't automatically abolish the other ... but it would still pose some pretty serious problems for viability).

That's good to hear. I've always been more pro monarchy, although there isn't one here.

I've always thought it's disgusting how humans seem to think they are superior to other creatures, when in reality it's quite the opposite, really. Humans are supposed to be like the rational animals. What have humans done that makes sense or seems rational?

I don't think killing the wolves will solve any problems but rather create more and bigger ones. That's usually what happens when people come up with a brilliant solution and don't stop to consider all the consequences, most especially when they mess with nature.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain