Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

2000namesl8r
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 May 2012, 4:35 am

Declension wrote:
Talking to "intelligent people" isn't really all that it's cracked up to be. Intelligent people can be just as silly as anyone, but they are better at hiding how silly they are. If you want to have a good discussion, the topic is usually more important than the people involved.

Another essential ingredient to a good discussion is that people are willing to go out on a limb and attempt to defend positions which seem right, but which they haven't given much thought to beforehand. Being forced to make up arguments on the spot is, surprisingly, a really efficient way to learn about the subtleties and pitfalls of a topic. "Fake it until you make it", as my mum always says.

im very open about my silly side, i love it. most dont take me serious unless they are clever, einstein was that way inclined, how many friends did he have... newton who id say i was most like reguarding logic and phesable explanations.. wow im on fire today, and iv got my kids over this weekend... dont tell em there is more energy to give lmao.

fake it till u make it lol i like it but i want to be real and lead the way :)

at school i was considered bad, i did all my work and then occupied my own mind because i wasnt challenged enough! all my report cards say the same, excellent work, needs to work on his behaviour... lmao. society has done me proud how can i return the favour, tbh id prefer to just live like a cabbage! being intelligent just opens ur mind to all the BS, thus (theres that word agasin :D ) wasting life time effort and mayb money in learning maybe improving but how, im goin off on 1. im wrapping it up. my problem is also waiting my turn to speak, if i know what ur saying and i wanna add, well u kno what ur sayin let me show u i kno and listen, most people just see this as ignorant and rude... i would cry for help but lets be realistic, there is none. pretend all you like.

i like to experiment and problem solve, if anyone reading needs a brain for their game, please feel free to test....

Aelfwine
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 May 2012, 4:44 am

I think intelligent discussions have to be difficult.
Also the difference between many of the discussions here and many idiotic internet discussions is that many people here try to think.
I think it is better to discuss with intelligent persons with other opinions than to discuss with persons with the same political or religious beliefs.
The logical consequence is a difficult discussion. It is more difficult when you are not a native English speaker.
(also you should be very careful and think before you post, one of my posts on wp was an idiotic mistake)

I think in general the world need more persons which are trying to think.

2000namesl8r

13 May 2012, 5:06 am

Aelfwine wrote:
I think intelligent discussions have to be difficult.
Also the difference between many of the discussions here and many idiotic internet discussions is that many people here try to think.
I think it is better to discuss with intelligent persons with other opinions than to discuss with persons with the same political or religious beliefs.
The logical consequence is a difficult discussion. It is more difficult when you are not a native English speaker.
(also you should be very careful and think before you post, one of my posts on wp was an idiotic mistake)

I think in general the world need more persons which are trying to think.

i agree. thinking literally isnt my strong point, but logically... i think 'your' mistake is not as bad as you might think, i know i havnt read it but if we didnt make mistakes then we would have stopped learning...

i stopped a jahovas whitness and said the lord lol said an eye for an eye and we would all go round blind... i said whats wrong with us all learning a hard lesson... :D