Page 1 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Stereokid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Dec 2006, 4:11 pm

I walk up to my stereo and program certain songs to listen to. Does that count?

Benu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Dec 2006, 4:07 am

I surf. I used to scuba dive professionally. I did gymnastics in school. I have never liked contact sports as I don't like violence. Since high school I haven't cared much for team sports. I love being active.

BaileyC
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Mar 2007, 6:01 pm

I don't have Autism but I love sports and my friends family say I'm good at mostly all the sports like: soccer,Cross Country,Track,volleyball,basketball,etc. (My most favorite are Cross Country, Track and most of all Soccer)

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2007, 6:08 pm

Have an athletic and flexible build, so do well at most things requiring strength and flexibility. Was advanced in yoga till I injured my arm 2 years ago. Did ballet and gymnastics as a kid.

But team sports? No way. When we had to play them in High school, I never could figure out where to be on the field - it all happened too fast. I felt like an idiot out there. Never forget running the wrong way when playing football. LOL.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2007, 7:31 pm

Swimming and tennis in high school. Used to run quite a bit too. Later took up archery and fencing. Now, I get by with dancing.

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2007, 10:26 pm

I aplyed basketball and softball for many years...didn't like it,though.

The only sports I like is martial arts and track.

-SpaceCase

Mushroom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Mar 2007, 6:50 am

I really love some sports and seriously hate some... for example, I love ping-pong and in fact, I know few people who play at my level. I have quick reactions and I can send some pretty hard-to-answer shots. I like volleyball, too... because you just have to keep the ball from falling in your ground and I like the manners you're supposed to hit the ball around. They're pretty easy to understand. I also like sword-fighting (I taught it to myself using swords I had made out of wood) and tennis, even though I've yet to play it; but I think of tennis as an extremely heavier and bigger version of ping-pong.

Now to the sports that I don't like... I hate basketball with a passion. I never had a grasp on the ways you can pass the ball, my defense and offense are weak, and I have an awful aim for shooting. Besides I tend to lose concentration and instead stare at somewhere... and THAT is when people finally like to pass the ball to me. Um... generally, I don't like team sports with a goal... except soccer. I am absolutely horrible in any position in soccer, except goalkeeper. I can catch, or block balls pretty easily... I think my only good athletic abilities are my speed and fast reactions.

cruimh_shionnachain
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 8:11 pm

That's really weird that your instructor won't promote you for such stupid reasons.
You can have a s***-eating grin on your face while doing kata, it doesn't matter as long as you hit your target.

Apathy is not a vice, it is a relieving and downright enjoyable life-choice.

Ramsus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Apr 2007, 10:50 am

Former Gymnast (and State Champ)
Martial Artist

I absolutely hate any type of team sport - this is why I love Martial Arts. In fact, Martial Arts is really one of the only things I even care about. In eithercase, I have trouble with the eye contact too, especially with the insteps.

Beno
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 May 2007, 7:35 pm

I was a boxer for 2 years, I'm a strong swimmer, and a strong sprinter.

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 7:55 pm

I'm autistic, and I'm mostly athetic in Special Olympics and PE Class.

stickboy26
Toucan
Toucan

08 May 2007, 10:11 am

I like sports a lot. I used to be OK at basketball, and I played flag football because I could run really fast (also great for getting away from bullies??? :P ) Once I ran alongside my brother who was on a moped and he clocked me at 18 mph with his speedometer. :)

Unfortunately I'm getting out of shape because I'm not around people who like to play sports with me anymore. :( I already can't run nearly as fast as I used to. It's depressing.

dragonboy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2007, 11:04 am

i love football and people tell me im quite good, and i used to do track and cross country till i got osgudslates disease and developed breathing problems

petal
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Dec 2007, 1:37 am

well unfortunately for me my parents thought it necessary to involve me in as man team sports as possible (i was told when i was about 10-- " its going to help you improve your social skills", load of crap,, i hated every second of every team i was in). i also did swimming, tennis, little athletics, soccer, basketball, netball, dancing (HATE), rugby, karate and more.., ill stop there though

but the only sports i would like to participate in are archery and a form of martial arts with less social contact.
Soccer was the best of the team sports (rugby was not that bad either, it was good cuz i could take all of my frustration out on people when i tackled them)), i have a really strong and accurate kick, which also helped with karate. i think i actually enjoyed those 2 sometimes, it was just the fact that i had to play in a team.

dwynotRuns
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Apr 2008, 9:43 pm

Running has been my obsession for the ast few months. Randomly, to get active my friend and I started running on Saturday mornings about 18months ago and could barely run a block. I have come very far since then. At the beginning of this year I stopped playing video games and napping and started running more. I had started running too much at once just because I could and it felt good. I was forced to rest for 3weeks with shin splint, which sucks because my first half-marathon was that weekend. Just coming off rest I ran 46:36 (7:30 pace) in CCC and was 8 seconds from a free poster at 500th place. If I had just warmed up or something I would have done better. With no speedwork I ran a 5:42 mile at the last track meet and went on rest again with my shin problems. I have insane aspirations, to be the first person to cover the perimeter of Antartica and to do it in under a year, which is 11,160 miles with an average of 30mi a day. The cliffs will be slower and colder, but some of the shores will mild temps. My friend ran the half for me, so me entry fee wasn't wasted, and he got 1:46:03 withput warming up or training. I used to be obsessed with Star Wars legos, competitive eating, video games, and nothing. Running gives me something to look forward to and live a long happy life and maybe make ome social connection. As soon as my shins are better I'll be training for my first marathon, which will be. I could type forever about running and how it makes me feel, but beng injured right now has made me a bit depressed and I'm falling behind n school.

The extreme obsessions due to aspergers has caused me to do extraordinary things, but I have nothing else to do.

matrix
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2008, 8:04 pm

I'm cycling now but that is quite it.