Veteran

27 Apr 2008, 8:11 pm

I go to the gym six days a week.. :P

Mirage
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Apr 2008, 8:31 am

I am pretty athletic
I am a figure skater- dance and singles. I was lucky to find a partener that understood that sometimes I just couldnt practice because of stuff that was going on in my life.
I play soccer, I am the goalie so it only apears that i am doing a team sport when in fact i am alone at my end of the field
I dance, and I am on the track team at school running hurdles and jumping high.
I dont do to well with team sports but my mom insisted on signing me up for quite a few :x
But i am really bad at a some sports like...
Basketball- i can aim like dead on but the ball always falls like 2 or 3 feet short of the net
Volleyball- grrrrr i can never hit it without hurting myself
and of course
Golf- i dont have enough patience to play a game for 4 hours straight...

Rich_P
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Apr 2008, 5:58 pm

I don't do much in the form of team sports at the moment, but I have been running for the past year or so and have been lifting heavy for the past four or so months. Both have proved good results. Six + miles no problem while weighing not much under fifteen stone (210 lbs). :lol:

I couldn't survive without physical exertion any more. If I can't do either of the above for a week I rapidly descend into a depressive mood, and that is just horrible....

Aspie_rebel
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 May 2008, 6:00 am

i'm probably the fittest person i know as i run really fast and i'm the only 14 year old i know who can make their pecs dance. My favorite sport is boxing probably because of all the fights i got into in primary school, though i never get to practice. I also practice parkour/free running almost every day.

princesseli
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 2:52 am

I used to be competative swimmer during highschool but I sucked and struggled to get faster a lot more then other people. I kinda wonder here and there whether my stuggles to get faster was related to being aspie. For swimming, Im not sure really at all how it would be related. But I have came to the conclusion that my stuggles with being a dancer was related to being aspie but Im not entirely sure how.

GodsWonder
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 May 2008, 12:11 pm

I am an autistic athlete. I run cross country and track; I was the best on the team my senior year. I play soccer on a team. Just this week end I played baseball, soccer, basketball, and ultimate firsbee. I usually play a sport every weekend with friends and family. Some sports I find harder than others. I don't like basketball all that much because I trouble with my motor coordination or my arms and can never shoo the ball very well and I also have difficulty dribbling. I have been running ever since I was 6 and now my coordination of my legs is very good. I am good at cross country, track, soccer, and ultimate frisbee.

five_squared
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jun 2008, 2:11 pm

I run three times a week :)

Rijmar
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Jun 2008, 2:33 pm

I'm quite athletic.
I play a lot of hockey (field hockey for those west of the atlantic :wink: )
We became champions this year and promoted :D
I also like to run (recently 7,1 km in 28:42 and 7,4 in 30:20 there was 6 hours in between the runs)
And I'm passionate about dancing,
Ballroom and Latin dancing
Classic Balley and Jazz
Allthough I'll stop with the last two because of time reasons

secwar127
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Jul 2008, 9:20 pm

son diagnosed...i"m old so went to spec ed in early elementry for awhile...very unathletic and
made fun of...joined military at age 18, became rescue swimmer and then joined special
warfare for 8 years..now retired and do run, swim and bike....love triathlons....seen ya like
the teams...I could only be around small units, hate most people...but honestly i think alot of special warfare guys
might be authistic..same with triathletes....don't know why, it's just the stare they have...like their
minds and bodies are somewhere else..good luck

andywarhol

24 Jul 2008, 12:41 am

i'm seeing a pattern here with xc and track. theres something about that individual activity that so many of us like. and then there the mental stamina to keep going, like an obsession.
i ran xc and track for all four high school years and ran my freshman year at palomar college (a jc). i'm starting my sophomore year this fall and am still running. my team has been traning together for a little over a month now. it feels like it really is season. im getting faster, but i never was amazing or anything special. i ran long (emphasize long) distance during track, as in the 10k was my specialty. 10k pr (personal record) 42:something, 5k: 20:23, 1500: 5:40, 3000: late 11s. i really should be better about remembering my times.

Corydaman93
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Oct 2008, 9:36 pm

In grade 8 I was on the cross country team, but yet I was one of the slower runners.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 10:31 pm

Six Sports in Special Olympics plus my martial art, Kumdo.

I'll even include cheering at Mason Basketball Games (Cheerleading is a sport because they have lift weights and condition themselves for the things they do)

sethzack
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2009, 2:26 am

I use nunchaku (nunchucks) and do mrtial arts with friends sometimes.

I Want To Become Stronger...
... Than I Was Yesterday!! !! - The words in my avatar picture.

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2009, 5:47 pm

autistic athletes...what a funny paradoxXD

Airborne
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jan 2009, 5:56 pm

protest_the_hero wrote:
autistic athletes...what a funny paradoxXD

How so? As long as it isnt football I think allot of sensory issues autistic kids have are covered. I dont mind being touched anyways so even if I did find football interesting it wouldnt so bad.