Page 3 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Airborne
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jan 2009, 5:56 pm

protest_the_hero wrote:
autistic athletes...what a funny paradoxXD

How so? As long as it isnt football I think allot of sensory issues autistic kids have are covered. I dont mind being touched anyways so even if I did find football interesting it wouldnt so bad.

Football20
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Jan 2009, 10:38 pm

Yeah, like my name says I play football.

RandomKid
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 1:01 pm

I do tae kwon do. I am a pretty good swimmer. I am thinking fo picking up maybe a sport when I go back fro high school.

TrainYearRound
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Nov 2010, 1:08 pm

Being new, this forum will not let me link my football you tube video. I am a Jr. My specialty is long snapping. I have a personal trainer (Chris Rubio) who's prospects are often D1 athletes. I was dx with Autism in 1995, depending on which Dr. report you read, I was dx between Mild to severe.

The title is Raymond Ponce #45 by PonceInEffect.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2010, 11:47 pm

Well, I have HFA and I am a runner.
I have run track and cross country for 9th, 10th, and 11th grade.
I ran cross country this year.
I ran a half marathon in 9th grade, and I am going to run a marathon this year.
I think running is the most amazing sport. It doesn't require you to be a team player, yet you are still part of a team.
LOVE IT!! !

Can I get a HURRAH for all the runners!
(I love my sport) :lol:

IceCreamGirl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2010, 9:53 am

I am not an athlete, but I just wanted to say that I used to be horrible at sports. I never even hit the ball. Today I am much better, so I might want to join a special needs sports team :D .

TylerHolmgren
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Dec 2010, 9:51 pm

i myself play football baseball and shoot pool
kinda wired i guess but this has helped me overcome some of my fears...
and the fact that i was bullied so much that i stopped the wired face thing and got a little better at small talk but i still have problems with wired posture and not expressing emotions lol

Eldanesh
Toucan
Toucan

04 Dec 2010, 1:00 pm

I tried my hand at pretty much everything with mixed results.
I Played Hockey Competitively for years, and am in and out of fencing. I do Milsim airsoft but that's just good excersise, not a sport :roll:

IceCreamGirl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 6:56 pm

I just started running.

-froggo-
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 6:08 pm

I do Downhill Slalom Skiing competitively, and I can also ice skate. Beyond that, I'm hopeless at sports. Particually ball and team games, even more so if the two are combined.

I love snow skiing, it makes me feel like I'm free. There are other sports I would like to try: surfing, water skiing, telemark skiing and snowboarding.

I have bad hand-eye co-ordination, I'm awful at running (without looking "like a ret*d", although, I can run fairly quickly) and I'm quite the safety hazard; I'm not very good at judging where I am in comparison to others, and consequentially tend to crash into them.

Despite the above, I still like basketball. Even if I'm bad at it. I'm alright at badminton, surprisingly... but, no, not anything above satisfactory.

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 7:57 pm

i do crew and i like biking running and parkour on free time

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2011, 9:02 pm

I am a runner (4 years of cross-country, 3 years of track, and now training for a marathon).

bostonbig3
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jul 2012, 7:15 pm

I am a pretty good athlete and I used to do soccer, basketball, and lacrosse, but the social issues got in the way. I could never do team bonding and sometimes got confused as what to do in certain situations. Now I am not really into it anymore. My parents were the ones who really wanted me to do them.

HunTheBun
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jul 2012, 1:29 pm

I'm a competitive horse-rider :)

Briana_Lopez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jul 2012, 1:40 pm

I did gymnastics, softball, cheerleading, soccer, basketball, and dance team. I quit gymnastics, softball, and cheerleading when I was younger. I started to get back into softball this year and I love it! I'm starting cross country in the fall, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get back into soccer with my busy schedule. I'll probably still play it in my free time.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 2:16 pm

NavySEAL83 wrote:
I know it's very rare, but are there any athletes on here with autism/AS? I play football and run track myself, and I fell as if I'm one of the only people with AS that does that.
I used to play soccer in the local youth club from age 7 to 11.

I currently am in conditioning for football (hope to make the varsity!)

I want to do track and field, XC, soccer, and swimming as well. I love the feeling of that endorphin rush as well as "SUCCESS!". I bond a little bit with my football team, but I'm mainly just there for the competition and training. It's fun.

OP, there is one other guy on my FB team (as far as I know) with AS and speech impediments. He gets along fine with the other guys and looks pretty normal to me.

He's a sophomore, year younger than me. And yeah, I do feel like "So I'm the only weird guy here".