Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Jupiter1234
Raven
Raven

23 May 2012, 7:41 pm

I can reconize them ....but I just have a hard time using them myself is anyone else like this

I know not recognizing facil expressions is a common symptom of AS

And the fact that I'm not too bad makes me wonder

rebbieh
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 12:29 am

I'm not officially diagnosed, but I think I'm the same. I'm quite good at recognising facial expressions (though I don't really look at people that often) but I'm not good at using them myself. I have a very neutral face and people often think I'm angry/sad/upset when I'm not.

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 1:30 am

rebbieh wrote:
I'm not officially diagnosed, but I think I'm the same. I'm quite good at recognising facial expressions (though I don't really look at people that often) but I'm not good at using them myself. I have a very neutral face and people often think I'm angry/sad/upset when I'm not.

Yeah, same here. I'm generally OK at identifying expressions (though if you're feeling sad and are sitting quietly, I might just think that you're lost in thought or something), but I find that I'm not terribly expressive most of the time. I get asked "Are you ok?" now and then.

rebbieh
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 1:34 am

FishStickNick wrote:
I get asked "Are you ok?" now and then.

Me too. I get it very often. Yesterday for example. I was actually having quite a good day but someone still managed to ask me "are you okay? You look a bit sad."

coolies
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 May 2012, 1:50 am

i find i do have trouble reading faces, most of the time they look the same to me! or i realise too late..... in the area i work in this can cause problems

vanhalenkurtz
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 4:09 am

Easy to read faces. Like reading coupons. Everyone looks at me, confused, wondering what I'm talking about. That's a good day. Don't know much about mine but I am too loud &, even knowing it, never seem to get the volume down. Writing is so much better for me, always was, now w/ internet, looks like written communication is finally on my side.

EQ: 6.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 4:12 am

I can recognize scowls frowns and confused looks alot I also know when someone is using a fake smile as opposed to a real smile.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 5:54 pm

vanhalenkurtz wrote:
Don't know much about mine but I am too loud &, even knowing it, never seem to get the volume down.

Yeah, this can be a problem for me too.