Do you wear the same clothes over and over?

Page 1 of 6 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

iheartmegahitt
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 1:51 pm

For me, it depends on the value of what I wear like as an example, I've always been known to wear favorite shirts or pants over agin because of the comfort they give me. I was just curious if anyone else happens to wear the same thing over and over.

Well, do you?

(sorry for any typos, I'm on my iPad right now)

Diagnosed with an autistic disorder (Not AS but mild to moderate classic Autism), ADHD, Learning Disability, intellectual disability and severe anxiety (part of the autism); iPad user; written expressionist; emotionally-sensitive

Last edited by iheartmegahitt on 24 May 2012, 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 1:53 pm

Yes, I have that. I tend to wear certain clothes over and over. Half the stuff I buy I wont wear again and there are a select few that I love wearing. Right now though it also has a lot to do with financial stuff right now as well. I haven't gone clothes shopping in ages.

The_Postmaster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 May 2012, 1:54 pm

Yes. I am never found without my trench coat.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 1:55 pm

I wear the same clothes over and over and over, because I don't feel a need to have variety in my wearing of clothes.

iheartmegahitt
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 1:56 pm

lostgirl1986 wrote:
Yes, I have that. I tend to wear certain clothes over and over. Half the stuff I buy I wont wear again and there are a select few that I love wearing. Right now though it also has a lot to do with financial stuff right now as well. I haven't gone clothes shopping in ages.

For me, I can wear a shirt for days, even if it gets dirty. I always feel like wearing dirty shirts are better because of go messy I can be at home but when I leave the house, I always throw on a new shirt or a hoodie or whatever. It just seems easier than dirtying up clean shirts over ones that on,y have a few dirty stains.

Diagnosed with an autistic disorder (Not AS but mild to moderate classic Autism), ADHD, Learning Disability, intellectual disability and severe anxiety (part of the autism); iPad user; written expressionist; emotionally-sensitive

Briana_Lopez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 May 2012, 1:59 pm

Nope. I can't even wear the same pair of pajama for two nights in a row, no matter how I clean I am when I get out of the shower! I love to go shopping, too, and I like to get new outfits if I save up enough money. Then sometimes I randomly have the interest to wear clothes I wouldn't normally wear and try to make it into an outfit that works.

MikaNeko
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 May 2012, 2:05 pm

Yes I'll usually wear the same outfit over and over until my Mam says I have to change.

Your Aspie score: 150 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 57 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

日本語をならっています。

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 2:08 pm

iheartmegahitt wrote:
lostgirl1986 wrote:

For me, I can wear a shirt for days, even if it gets dirty. I always feel like wearing dirty shirts are better because of go messy I can be at home but when I leave the house, I always throw on a new shirt or a hoodie or whatever. It just seems easier than dirtying up clean shirts over ones that on,y have a few dirty stains.

I wear some of the same clothes without washing them if I haven't done laundry and I'm running out of clothes or sometimes if I only wore it once, I really like the outfit and it doesn't seem dirty. Also, I seriously only have one pair of jeans right now. I can't afford clothes right now.

Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 May 2012, 2:12 pm

iheartmegahitt wrote:

Somewhat related to me, but I try to change it and wear clean clothes more often.

I've never liked new clothes though.

Blownmind
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 2:16 pm

I once seriously considered buying 100 t-shirts of the same kind from some place who delivers to places that print logo's and stuff on t-shirts, but sadly I didn't have the cash at the time. When I find something I like, I tend to stick to it. Not always though, there was a period when I dressed as flashy as possible, to get the attention of girls on the town. I went with pink socks with kitties on, I had a full pink outfit (jeans, pink belt, white shirt, pink/white socks, white shoes), and also a full green outfit(green shirt/belt/socks/shoes with orinary jeans). I did get the attention I wanted, and my current wife still talks about my pink kitty socks.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 2:17 pm

Sometimes. Only because I don't like to decide what I should wear so it's easier to just put on the same thing as before. As a child my mom would pick clothes out for me and no way could I wear the same stuff every day or the same week or else I would get teased about it in school. But I do wear my same pajamas everyday and socks and bras. Then when it's time to get ready for work, I put on my work uniform. But if I am at home and I decided I want to go for a walk, I will wear the same thing as the day before or like I did last time when I went out.

chiastic_slide
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 May 2012, 2:20 pm

yes I feel comfortable in hoodies and can wear the same one for weeks sometimes. I have lots but 2 or 3 very comfortable soft ones.

I also have a favorite green shirt which I have had since I was 13 (nearly 20 years ago) which I used to wear all the time as a teenager. It still fits me and is in good condition. I don't let my mum see me wearing it as she thinks I gave it to charity years ago when I moved out haha

morslilleole
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 2:26 pm

I usually wear the same tshirts and jeans over and over. I have a couple of tshirts and jeans I like. But I cant be bothered with getting new ones all the time, 'cause that involves going into shops, trying them on etc... And I hate that! And yes, I know I can order tshirts online, I just need to get around to it. Shopping is really not my thing..

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 2:28 pm

I'm not sure.

My first answer was no. I don't want my favourite clothes to tear and get worn down too quickly from wearing and washing them every day.

However, I only have few clothes, like, only two pairs of trousers for example, so I do end up wearing the same clothes far more often than other people who have tons of clothes.

I like variety but clothes are expensive, I need them to be comfortable and want them to be pretty and my autism gets in the way of simply going shopping whenever, wherever.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 2:29 pm

I change clothes everyday, but I have many of the same items, plain black t-shirts, black jeans, grey or black sweat shirts, black boots. And my black leather jacket. I have few suits and other things as well.

iheartmegahitt
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 2:37 pm

65536 wrote:
iheartmegahitt wrote:

Somewhat related to me, but I try to change it and wear clean clothes more often.

I've never liked new clothes though.

Well, it all depends, really... I mean like i said, if it's one of my favorite anime shirts... or I just don't feel like changing then i don't. It all depends, really.