Do you wear the same clothes over and over?

Page 5 of 6 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Chloe33
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 9:31 pm

Yes i wear the same clothes over and over, they are comfy.

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 10:09 pm

lostgirl1986 wrote:
Yes, I have that. I tend to wear certain clothes over and over. Half the stuff I buy I wont wear again and there are a select few that I love wearing. Right now though it also has a lot to do with financial stuff right now as well. I haven't gone clothes shopping in ages.

This. My mother loves taking me clothes shopping and I always end up getting stuff that I wear maybe twice before going back to my old things. I bought some overalls last March that I wore literally every day until they finally got a hole in the rear end (I do way too much sitting) and I had to pitch them. I got by with sweat pants for the two/three weeks before getting a new pair that are going to see an equal amount of wear. Before the overalls it was the same cotton t shirts and soft denim jeans for two-three days at a time, the jeans only became a problem when the knees wore out and I'd still be wearing them in 5F temperature winter weather. For the past three almost four years I've worn the same sweater to the exclusion of all others, and my mother has finally started forbidding me from wearing it to school because of the holes in the sleeves, something I find extremely frustrating. The time has finally come for me to bite the bullet and find a new sweater to love, something that won't be easy. As for shoes, I've worn one pair of converse or another for the past five and a half years, since I wear the same shoes every day and during school I do a fair amount of walking, they usually wear out in about a year, at which point I take a deep breath and get another pair in a different colour. Part of my obsession with wearing the same clothes over and over is due to an aversion to change, and part of it is my tactile sensitivity: nothing irritates my skin more than uncomfortable clothes, it's a nightmare.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

Murderface
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jan 2013, 10:41 pm

Yes all ways blue or black jeans and a cotton T.

You are very likely an Aspie

silentlyvela
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Jan 2013, 10:58 pm

Yes, until I can tell they are dirty. Normally I only wear regular clothes for a couple hours in a day if that. It makes it a lot easier for me since I'm so indecisive. Otherwise I'm in my pjs at home.

noxnocturne
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 11:29 pm

That's a big yes from me. I wear the same T-shirt and pants every day.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 11:53 pm

I wear things more than once a lot of times, though I usually don't wear the same clothes twice in a row I might wear one pear of pants then wear other pants the next day and then wear the ones from the day before again since I don't consider most things dirty unless I've worn them twice. My clothes vary quite a bit to...and though I can shower, brush my hair and do all that sort of stuff pretty quick if I am getting ready to go somewhere it always seems to take forever to figure out what to wear. I really don't care what others think of my clothing, there are just certain color combinations and style combinations I can't stand so I spend a lot of time trying to get it right by my standards which have nothing to do with mainstream fashion whatever the hell that is.

Drone
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Jan 2013, 11:10 am

I can't really remember whether or not I have worn my clothes recently. I just wear what doesn't have holes which occasionally results in me wearing the same thing twice or thrice in a week.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 11:17 am

I always wear jeans.

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2013, 12:32 am

There's this pair of gray slacks that I really like to wear, and I'd wear my Mater and Wreck-It Ralph shirts every day if I could get away with it. :D I also have a lime green Minnesota University hoodie that my aunt gave me (she works there) that I wear pretty much everywhere.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

Blownmind
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2013, 4:34 am

I was (un)fortunate enough to get 20-30 promotional t-shirts of one kind a year ago, and because of a tight economic situation I have been wearing the same type of t-shirt more or less 97% of the time over the last year.

However, I do enjoy black t-shirts, and these are mainly black, so its all good. :wink:

MutelyAware
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 May 2013, 5:56 am

Well, let's just say, this hoodie I'm currently wearing now, been wearing it for almost 3 days now.
It's probably just to the fact of how damn soft this thing really is, I mean, it's just so comfortable!
That might even be the reason to why I only wear so much of only a quarter of the clothing items I have in my wardrobe
back home. Whether or not that made sense I'm not sure. But yeah, yay for big cosy hoodies.

Kafke
Raven
Raven

12 May 2013, 6:00 am

Day clothes: A pair for each day. Preferably I'd have one set for each day, but I'll have to go shopping on a day by myself so I can get everything perfect. I've actually been "yelled at" by my parents for not wearing something for multiple days. They say "it's still clean so you can wear it again". Laundry is always a big problem at my house...

Night clothes / Pajamas: Wear the same thing over and over and wash infrequently. A comfy t-shirt and some sweatpants.

You are very likely an Aspie

devark
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 May 2013, 8:11 am

I get real attached to my clothes, and I'll will wear a pair of pants until I have to sew them back together, shoes until they have no tread, shirts/jackets/gloves/belts/hats, until they're unusable. Same clothes every day? Yeah, pretty much.

Rivelin

12 May 2013, 9:28 am

I find it very difficult to find clothes that I feel comfortable in, that I look in the mirror and think they look 'right'. So I end up buying the same sort of plain black t-shirts and the same sort of black jeans over and over again. I finally managed to buy a new jacket a few weeks ago after over 2 years of wearing a jacket I picked up from the men's section of a charity shop that doesn't fit me right at all. I'm trying to be less scruffy but it's difficult when change feels uncomfortable. I got a black kilt last summer that I really like and will probably want more than one of those when the weather gets warmer. I change and wash my clothes regularly but it probably doesn't look like it!

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2013, 9:35 am

How did you get neutrois as your gender? After seeing that on your profile I went to check mine and it still only had male and female as options.