Feels weird / poison feeling mentality medication helps?

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

cursedforever
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 May 2012, 3:22 pm

well im suffering. i had a barrier in my head so i cant speak and i have had dizzy head and buzzing head. BUT ITS CURED. (MITRAZAPINE )

my main problem is i feel wierd. like someone has given me some kind of posion. i know im not poisoned. but it feels wierd . Its not the medication.

i feel wierd and i have always felt wierd. i see everybody not suffering going on with their life. im the only one who is suffering.

why is that and what medication or diagnosis can help

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 3:30 pm

The part about feeling separate from other people, do you think that could be depression? (which can have both situational and biochem components)

cursedforever

29 May 2012, 4:01 pm

mitrazapine is against depression :) so

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 4:15 pm

This is one of the reasons I think Mozart may have had Asperger's. He seriously believed he was poisoned.

cursedforever

29 May 2012, 4:24 pm

okay seriusly say a cure for this.

cursedforever

29 May 2012, 4:27 pm

mozart died of poisoned meat XD

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 4:47 pm

Of course that don't mean you're going to die of poisoned meat, probably won't XD

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 4:50 pm

Now, you know with depression and antidepressant medication,

sometimes it's not the first medicine that works, right?
(and sometimes also important to phase down from medication in steps even if it doesn't seem to be working)

And do you feel like your doctor is someone you can halfway talk with? (doctors such poor communicators, 'halfway talk with' is about the most can be realistically expected ! )

Pipilo

29 May 2012, 4:55 pm

If you're still taking mirtazapine, it does typically make people feel weird. It has central nervous system effects. There are some head exercises you can do that sometimes help with vertigo, which might be better for you than taking mirtazapine. You could ask your doctor about them, or look them up online, but talk to your doctor before stopping the mirtazapine, it's never a great idea to stop taking a medication without at least informing whoever prescribed it that you are doing so, some meds shouldn't be stopped suddenly.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 4:59 pm

Pipilo wrote:
. . . but talk to your doctor before stopping the mirtazapine, it's never a great idea to stop taking a medication without at least informing whoever prescribed it that you are doing so, some meds shouldn't be stopped suddenly.

Or, if gets really bad, as having a backup plan available right now, you could just go down to half on your own. And then call up the doctor's office and just tell them, Hey, it got really bad, I've gone down to half on my own, may I get the next available appointment.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 5:01 pm

Pipilo wrote:
. . . There are some head exercises you can do that sometimes help with vertigo, which might be better for you than taking mirtazapine. You could ask your doctor about them, or look them up online, . . .
This does open up a positive possibility.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 5:05 pm

And as far as feelling weird, in kind of a good way, kind of a bad way, or kind of a mixed bag where you can't yet tell. :?

cursedforever

29 May 2012, 5:19 pm

its not mitrazapine that makes me feel wierd. i have always felt wierd. anyway do u think its a depression or something what do you think. BTW I DO NOT TAKE LSD OR SOMETHING . i dont so dont evgen sugguest that.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 5:46 pm

In his book "Hello to All That: A Memoir of Zoloft, War, and Peace", the author John Falk sometimes felt that way. (and prozac didn't help him at all, but zoloft helped him a lot. And the funny thing, both are SSRIs. maybe different delivery mechanisms. Once again, all of our biochem is just a little different)

I have struggled with depression, sometimes seriously, sometimes not.

But of course everyone is different. That's why it's so important to have a doctor you can kind of talk with, who can either be a psychiatrist or a regular doctor like an internist who has some horse sense. Here at WP we can help you ask good questions. We can serve as a sounding board. We can do that.

cursedforever

29 May 2012, 5:59 pm

well the question is simple do you have this problem. if yes what medicine helped you get rid of this problem :)

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 6:43 pm

Define weird. (I'm both an aspie and a nurse so, yeah, you'd have to be more specific).