Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

novawake
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Nov 2006, 2:58 am

I tend to be overly polite with everyone. It's just weird because everyone seems to take it the same way and goes through certain "phases".

Usually first they think:
1)I'm being funny or comical
2)then I'm being sarcastic
3)next they seem to feel sorry for me??
4)then sort of annoyed/incredulous (as if it's getting old)
5)they just ignore me completely or talk like I'm not there. :P

Dunno, but that's sort of how it happens in my eyes at least and not always that order. Maybe I'm overly nice to keep people at arms length... It's hard for me to be rude to anyone. If I am forced to be rude, I am afraid I would be explosive, so i avoid it at all costs... I guess now that I'm writing it out, it seems weird to me now, but that's how I really am. Some people will say "Oh, he's nice..." I really don't feel like a nice person... It's really wierd because I generally get mistaken for a female on the phone. Maybe I'm trying too hard to "be nice".... I have no idea. Maybe it's just safer to be nice since I am so socially lost as I am.

Occasionally, I'll meet a certain kind of person that I can make my friend. Generally they are incredibly charismatic. They will have lots of friends and seem to pride themselves that they can make a friend of "anyone" they choose. So, they choose me (generally it's cause I fix their computer) and are very very patient... They seem to want to "fix/help" me become like everyone else. They tell me I will "open" up if I try hard. The friendship generally lasts until they give up. I always try, but my social interactions are always awkward. I used to have fear of my interactions, but now I don't care. It's just I don't expect to gain any pleasure from them and now I am no longer disappointed. Occasionally I forget and am hurt when it eventually falls apart, but I'm numb enough now, it doesn't hurt as much as it used to. :P

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2006, 5:05 pm

novawake wrote:
I tend to be overly polite with everyone. It's just weird because everyone seems to take it the same way and goes through certain "phases".

Usually first they think:
1)I'm being funny or comical
2)then I'm being sarcastic
3)next they seem to feel sorry for me??
4)then sort of annoyed/incredulous (as if it's getting old)
5)they just ignore me completely or talk like I'm not there. :P

Dunno, but that's sort of how it happens in my eyes at least and not always that order. Maybe I'm overly nice to keep people at arms length... It's hard for me to be rude to anyone. If I am forced to be rude, I am afraid I would be explosive, so i avoid it at all costs... I guess now that I'm writing it out, it seems weird to me now, but that's how I really am. Some people will say "Oh, he's nice..." I really don't feel like a nice person... It's really wierd because I generally get mistaken for a female on the phone. Maybe I'm trying too hard to "be nice".... I have no idea. Maybe it's just safer to be nice since I am so socially lost as I am.

Occasionally, I'll meet a certain kind of person that I can make my friend. Generally they are incredibly charismatic. They will have lots of friends and seem to pride themselves that they can make a friend of "anyone" they choose. So, they choose me (generally it's cause I fix their computer) and are very very patient... They seem to want to "fix/help" me become like everyone else. They tell me I will "open" up if I try hard. The friendship generally lasts until they give up. I always try, but my social interactions are always awkward. I used to have fear of my interactions, but now I don't care. It's just I don't expect to gain any pleasure from them and now I am no longer disappointed. Occasionally I forget and am hurt when it eventually falls apart, but I'm numb enough now, it doesn't hurt as much as it used to. :P

You genuinely need a friend who understands AS/has AS because, to be honest, the people you are making friends with simply do not understand you and are trying to use you for your computer skills, sad as it may seem.

spacecadetaspie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Nov 2006, 11:05 pm

Early on I got anxious when not on my Meds:
Celexa then other meds, then shrink reduced Meds to Celexa.
Fine now.

Early without Meds I had:
Gas attacks, belching, at social events.

Now I have None to rare.

Im 51, diagnosed in 2000.

Have some ADD.

Having fed off meds since being prescribed, 2001-.
By now (2006) I take meds BUT not like I used too.

Do so anyway.

Im on Wellcare RX plan & pay 0 for meds.

AS effected me in alien social situations.
Once I know locale, drive, etc Im better.

Worries:
Traffic
seating noise level
being relaxed
etc.

Attending church dance Dec 1 with NTs.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2006, 4:26 pm

Medication... Heh.

How are the side-effects?

I'm on olanzepine (but not for AS or anything similar) and it does have its wide range of pretty side-effects, including me not having had a menstrual period since January...Hmph sometimes I wonder if I've given myself a non-invasive hysterectomy... 8O

Well at least you don't pay for the meds (I don't either; am in full-time education).

Being in alien situations can be tough (holidays = hell!), but I suppose if you try and keep to your limits, you will be OK.

spacecadetaspie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Dec 2006, 4:45 pm

Or had Side effects earlier

Im fine now.

Plus I take stomach meds for my gas.

Otherwise Fine.

I get gassy when in Cold weather only vs Summer time.

Went Dancing last night, had Fun, NO problems.

Having
Vision
Goals
Future Hire= SpaceIslandgroup.com
Or Kings Seminary, Van Nuys CA.
Helps.

One must have Vision, Goals, Future, Hope.

ANYONE, ALL AGES.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2006, 3:39 pm

Glad you're doing well! 8)