Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Jun 2012, 10:35 am

title.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 10:37 am

The only reason I'm not dead is because I'm scared as heck of dying and what comes after death. I basically live for my friends and family. I try and find the few pleasures that make me enjoy life. I'm hoping that one day I'll be stable enough to have a husband and maybe even a child of my own.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 10:47 am

I live for my family, friends and all the opportunities that I have ahead of me. :)

Camo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jun 2012, 10:55 am

Definately my kids, and I suppose my obsessions....
probably the challenges I set myself all the time, trying to break new ground with how far I can become outwardly NT !

Its a hard question really, never really looked at my I live ...

Stu

Timeconsumer
Raven
Raven

07 Jun 2012, 11:17 am

Life is good. It's hard to learn to appreciate life but when you do you live for basically everything.

Life is just an endless series of interesting things for me. I don't think i ever really completely run out of things to do. I've classified so many things i've found as " not got the time yet, will get back to it when im older". There's so much to do really!

I suppoose i've got all kinda of ideas flowing around in my head. I love that american beauty ending, where he says that last second of your life lasts forever. In a way, the closest way i can explain my attitude is related to that. I do not believe in any kind of long term goal in life. Life in truth is utterly and completely pointless. Nothing i personally do can turn the wheels of time any quicker, nothing anyone really does matters. Even the most important person that ever existed doesn't really matter and the world would have gotten on fine without him. And yeah, that thought at 13 lead me to depression, but out of that unbelievable low, well first i didn't care about anything for ages, but then as i got older i just switched and started appreciating everything in life. Gimme a baked bean sandwich while you're sitting there eating a banquet and i won't just thank you, i'll be genuinely grateful and happy and i'll eat the sandwich like its the nicest sandwich anyone has ever eaten. I believe in just living and experiencing and absorbing the most amount of enjoyable experiences as i can. I just focus on the good, ignore the bad and get the most i can out of life. Even if i'm sitting there doing nothing i'm sitting there enjoying life.

Last edited by Timeconsumer on 07 Jun 2012, 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 11:29 am

That one day I'll lob HE grenades at inanimate objects in the middle of nowhere [with my own grenade launcher].

Blownmind
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 12:01 pm

mentallyskilled wrote:
what do you live for?

My potential.

NTAndrew
Toucan
Toucan

07 Jun 2012, 12:23 pm

Duty. I have a duty to the people I work for and the people I work with. I have a duty to my surviving family members. I have a duty to my exotic plants, which would die without me.

If I didn't have duty, I wouldn't have purpose, and without purpose. Then what is the point?

Omnicognic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 12:38 pm

If I were to list all the things that could and should have killed me it would require more space than I have. My friends all are sure I'm immortal.. far from a blessing, it's a curse.. it means I cannot expire suddenly through some accident but instead through an extended entropy. In short, I don't know why or what for, I don't believe in an afterlife or creator and I don't need one.. irony is I will never know the answer lol

I'm sorry if this post sounded morbid or bitter, that isn't my intent.

deltafunction
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 12:40 pm

I like to dream up an imaginary future where I am happy.

MeerkatFetish

07 Jun 2012, 1:00 pm

Difficult question, I'd guess that a part of me really believes things will get better eventually and I'm still staying put because of not missing out if things actually turns around someday.

RockDrummer616
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 1:28 pm

I have very little concept of "long-term future" so I just make up little things to live for in the short term. Like some good movie coming out next month or to finish the model I'm making. It's not deep by any means but I think it's as good a way as any.

Ginevra
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Jun 2012, 1:32 pm

I don't live for anything or anybody. I'm not depressed or suicidal though, there just isn't anything I really care about that much. There are people and things I like of course, but I wouldn't say I live for them. I just live day after day, doing things I enjoy or dislike, but my life doesn't have a purpose or an aim.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 1:54 pm

For the experience of being here and alive.

And yes, that's my long thought-through answer (it had plenty of reality checks even with professionals who struggled to understand what I live for = what I treasure) that is closest to why I think and feel the way I do and the reason why I don't feel inclined to commit suicide.

What I enjoy about life is being alive. Pain = I'm alive. Happiness = I'm alive. Being alive is intense and I take great pleasure in intense experiences.

I realise that hits isn't the highly sophisticated philosophical kind of reason and neither the fuzzy ohh-life-is-so-precious-in-an-emotional-sort-of-way reason. And maybe other people truly don't like intensity and they would prefer not to experience anything if offered as an alternative to experiencing pain.

I don't need to be alive. I don't care about people being sad if I died (because I'd be dead so... and what's the pain of others that I can't feel to me when I am not even alive anymore and can't help them cope with it if I wanted to?). But it's a short time and an irreplaceable experience so I'm thinking to myself, why should I not take advantage of it as I see fit? At worst, it's over for all of eternity very "soon" anyway (compare the human lifespan with the age of earth or with "just" the history of mankind).

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 1:56 pm

video games!

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 2:17 pm

I do enjoy life. I love to experience stuff; most things, except crowds and any sort of pollution. I love to learn and to get involved in all sorts of activities. But, I'm not a daredevil and I'm happiest with my feet on the ground. The main things I live for are my daughter and husband.