Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 2:17 pm

I do enjoy life. I love to experience stuff; most things, except crowds and any sort of pollution. I love to learn and to get involved in all sorts of activities. But, I'm not a daredevil and I'm happiest with my feet on the ground. The main things I live for are my daughter and husband.

MarthaCannary
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jun 2012, 2:27 pm

I keep living just so i can see what happens. I'm getting collapse fatigue waiting for the Global Economic Collapse. I can't wait to see how that turns out. Suffocating holding my breath waiting for the "Singularity".

I keep living so I can witness and partake in advancements in science and technology.

I live for camping, I live for driving. I live for music. :)

lostmyself
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jun 2012, 2:28 pm

Right now I am lost. In the past I enjoyed life because I did what I liked. Now I have been pushed off-track. Once I get it back together I think I'll know what to answer.

little_black_sheep
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jun 2012, 2:31 pm

Omnicognic wrote:
If I were to list all the things that could and should have killed me it would require more space than I have. My friends all are sure I'm immortal.. far from a blessing, it's a curse.. it means I cannot expire suddenly through some accident but instead through an extended entropy. In short, I don't know why or what for, I don't believe in an afterlife or creator and I don't need one.. irony is I will never know the answer lol

I'm sorry if this post sounded morbid or bitter, that isn't my intent.

I am curious... what do you mean by that? :?:

Every morning in Africa, an antelope wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest antelope, or it will starve. It doesn't matter if you're

lease29
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jun 2012, 5:20 am

I live for my family, my cat Jaz and my crosswords and puzzles. Could do them all day they are my main interest. I take each day as it comes and my life is simple :-)

Omnicognic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 10:48 am

little_black_sheep wrote:
Omnicognic wrote:
If I were to list all the things that could and should have killed me it would require more space than I have. My friends all are sure I'm immortal.. far from a blessing, it's a curse.. it means I cannot expire suddenly through some accident but instead through an extended entropy. In short, I don't know why or what for, I don't believe in an afterlife or creator and I don't need one.. irony is I will never know the answer lol

I'm sorry if this post sounded morbid or bitter, that isn't my intent.

I am curious... what do you mean by that? :?:

I'm one of those people that stuff just happens to.. it goes beyond accident prone, so much in fact that with the exception of those who were there, most people don't believe it anyway. lol Here is the short list and I don't blame any who are skeptical: I've been shot, stabbed, impaled on a wide headed crowbar, struck by lightning, snake bitten twice (eastern diamondback and pygmy rattler) electrocuted (I've lost count how many times, but the highest was 440v ac) multiple car serious car accidents, plane crash(that one is here in the forum someplace), had a 27' boat dropped on me pinning me underwater, fallen from height(couple of times), and that's not including the suicide attempts.. believe it or don't :wink:

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Jun 2012, 11:58 am

I live for my family---and things we do together. I live for my talents and interests. I love planning and doing things involving my interests. There are others, but this gives you an idea about what I live for.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 12:09 pm

My kids. When I have been suicidal and really wanted to die, what kept me going more than my fear of actually dying was the fact that I wouldn't be here to take care of my kids if I died. Oddly enough, it never crossed my mind that it would royally screw them up in the head if their mother killed herself when they were little, I was more worried about them not having me around to keep an eye on them and maybe my husband not watching them close enough or something like that.

Also, curiosity. Yep, cuirosity. It killed the cat but it kept me alive more than once. I just really want to see how it turns out in the end. Sometimes it's like watching a terrible movie but you don't walk out of the theater because you really want to just know how it ends.

Fear of death is also a biggie. People say all kinds of things like if you are dead you are at peace, they talk about heaven or hell, some talk about complete nothingness, etc. Well guess what. Nobody really knows for sure. Even people who are so very certain of what the afterlife brings because of their religious beliefs of lack thereof do not really know. Nobody has been there and came back. Near death experiences are near death. Sure being medically or legally dead is one thing. Your heart stopping is one thing. But it takes cells a few minutes and all to die, and nobody has been back after being actually dead for hours or days. We don't really know what happens. Also, I don't know what the actual moment of death would feel like. I've heard things and read them and researched the shinola out of that, but that doesn't help.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 1:14 pm

I can't bring myself to kill myself, so living is kinda my only option for the time being...then of course people who care about me would be upset and I guess I am somewhat curious as to what more joys :roll: this hellish existence might bring me down the road. Sorry that was very pessimistic.....don't mind me I think I'm finally actually losing my mind.

Kyra71
Raven
Raven

11 Jun 2012, 1:38 pm

I hold onto faith that there is more to our soul's journey than just this one, relatively short, often painful and cruel life. There is a reason to face our challenges bravely, to not give up in the face of adversity, and to make it to the finish line, having done our very best, without giving up.

I have to believe that this is some kind of test, and that we will be rewarded for our efforts afterward. Otherwise... No, there would be no reason whatsoever to endure this pain.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 7:16 pm

NTAndrew wrote:
Duty. I have a duty to the people I work for and the people I work with. I have a duty to my surviving family members. I have a duty to my exotic plants, which would die without me.

If I didn't have duty, I wouldn't have purpose, and without purpose. Then what is the point?

There isn't a point.

Duty is a mental manipulation given by an authority figure to compel you to continuous consistent effort.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 7:56 pm

I live for my family, my religion, my friends, and for perfection.

TheHouseholdCat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 8:07 pm

Music, art, and literature. I am on a constant search for beauty.

I was never scared of death, but always scared of dying.

I live for myself. At the moment, I find it really hard to do anything that I don't want to do. I'm working on that.

"It's how they see things. It's a way of bringing class to an environment, and I say that pejoratively because, obviously, good music is good music however it's created, however it's motivated." - Thomas Newman

TalusJumper
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jun 2012, 9:17 pm

I live for my savior, Jesus Christ. He saved at 18 (from suicide) and gives me reason to live! And of course, for my immediate family.

houseofpanda
Raven
Raven

11 Jun 2012, 10:05 pm

I live to accomplish something - anything - before I die. It's slow going. :P

Oh and, inspired by that last reply, I live to promote the peaceful and loving foundations set forth by paganism. At least I'd like to. I'd like to get to a place where I'm at peace enough with my life, and can give something back to other free-spirited individuals. But if you haven't gathered from my other posts, I'm not exactly free-spirited, loving or peaceful at this juncture.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 10:59 pm

What do you guys really think that I live for?