Page 4 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 1:51 pm

I read a page of responses and not even 1 person made a detailed attempt at answering the question. I only saw 1 post from a guy who just listed words that were apparently meant to be taken as synonyms. That's not very helpful if you sincerely do not understand what creepiness is.

My guess is that someone who does not understand what creepiness is needs a detailed explicit definition that doesn't use synonyms.

IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 2:02 pm

ShamelessGit wrote:
I read a page of responses and not even 1 person made a detailed attempt at answering the question. I only saw 1 post from a guy who just listed words that were apparently meant to be taken as synonyms. That's not very helpful if you sincerely do not understand what creepiness is.

My guess is that someone who does not understand what creepiness is needs a detailed explicit definition that doesn't use synonyms.

Is that all you saw? Do you have an explicit definition you would like to share with the rest of us?

Wayne
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jun 2012, 2:14 pm

I guess creepy is that feeling you get that you will never enjoy interacting with the person.

Someone doing nothing but worshiping you gets annoying and boring pretty quickly. You gotta bring something to the table to keep them interested... if you don't get them interested but keep putting yourself on their radar they're going to get frustrated.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Jun 2012, 2:56 pm

DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
Being sensitive to "off" behavior in other people does not mean you are brain washed. Socially awkward people can be scary because they don't recognize and so can't respect the boundaries that make people feel safe. It does no good to shame people into interactions with people that make them uncomfortable by calling them brainwashed.

I accept that that is the usage you've observed in your life. I've been called creepy (by people of all genders) from time to time for various behaviors related to my autism that made them uncomfortable in a way they weren't able to explain beyond that. And using a word like that as a write off is a thing men and women both do they may just chose different vocabulary to express their discomfort with the behavior of a member of the opposite sex (creepy/crazy).

Very well put!

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 3:19 pm

I think both these persons are actually creepy as f**k.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 5:42 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
I can't stand creepiness far easier than I can a grown man with poor grammar.

Really? So if a guy came up to you and was staring down your shirt, refusing to leave you alone, etc, you'd be going "Well, at least his grammar is good"? (If it was good, that is.)

Really. I'd be offended, but not irritated enough to stab him in the eye.

to his Interest."

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 5:44 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:

Really? So if a guy came up to you and was staring down your shirt, refusing to leave you alone, etc, you'd be going "Well, at least his grammar is good"? (If it was good, that is.)

There you have it, folks - you can check out Wiggin and leave with your vision intact :lol:

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 5:49 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:

There you have it, folks - you can check out Wiggin and leave with your vision intact :lol:

:P

to his Interest."

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 8:12 pm

HisDivineMajesty wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
Well, the "$2 million" comment would make me think he was trying to buy me, and thus that he was classing me as a prostitute. That would get him put in the "complete d*ckhead" basket.

After the divorce, of course. These are very large amounts of money for a lot of people, and they'd think twice before skipping an opportunity like that.
By women, I meant a lot of women. A significant part of the female population would probably still marry for money. Hence 'by the dozen'.

So, what you're saying is that at least 12 women would take the offer up? :P

And still, the assumption that I'd marry for money would make him a d*ckhead.

I know of plenty of women who fantasise about a rich man, but who end up happy with Joe next door. Just as there are plenty of men who fantasise about tall, long-legged, chestily-well-endowed women, but end up happy with Jane next door. There's a difference between what you fantasise about and what you'd actually be happy with.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2012, 3:24 am

IlovemyAspie wrote:
ShamelessGit wrote:

Is that all you saw? Do you have an explicit definition you would like to share with the rest of us?

I honestly have no idea how to define creepiness. I was just saying that the comments I saw didn't seem very helpful.

RICKY5
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 9:40 pm

AS_Citizen_43275-B wrote:
Is all in the application, my low-social-IQ counterparts!!

Incorrect application = creepy!

For instance, you may read and memorize all the pointers and advice from dating books, but we fail in the application. There's more to knowing what women like, you have to exude the correct body language, facial expression, verbal tone, timing, and many other ultra-fine nuances.

A woman may like and appreciate poetry, but a sloppy application (delivery), devoid of the correct nuances, will surely creep her out.

Women love and crave attention, but poor first impressions, and poor delivery of those critical nuances, will surely creep her out!!

It's all about delivery and properly analyzing when to back off!! !

Again, one more time... My low-social-IQ male friends.. Repeat out loud after me! "Incorrect application of attention towards a woman equals creepiness. I shall not be a creep, but learn the ways of the abysmal complexity in attracting a woman by proper delivery, and I shall learn to sense failure and immediately back off therefrom".

Yes! You've now learned the correct desired hue and consistency, but your using the wrong brush and using the wrong stroke!! Learn to apply your man-paint with the correct brush and stroke... Wax on, wax off!! !

LOL... :lol: :wink:

Even attractive adonises can appear creepy towards women with the wrong application (delivery) technique. Moreover, a fugly male who fell from the Ugly Redwood tree and hit every branch on the way down, can win the affection of a shallow female by delivering his attention correctly.

Back me up ladies!! And please elaborate for me!

You nailed it!

And folks wonder why many guys like putting down two c-notes to bang a hot 20 year-old for an hour...

HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 10:25 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:

For a lot of individual men, that would be a very good deal.

Who_Am_I wrote:

Apparently, they had some novel research about what women were actually looking for. It's easy to say, speaking in general terms, that you'd never let money play an important role. As a theoretical rule, there are very few women who specifically address material wealth as being a crucial part of their attraction to a man. However, it is.

http://www.pnas.org/content/104/38/1501 ... 83bf767404

That article wrote:
In the context of speed-dating at least, self-reported mate preferences deviate markedly from actual mate choices. As with desires [e.g., for sexual variety] and fantasies, stated preferences can be useful for understanding how evolution has biased the male and female mind in different directions, but they are a fallible base for discovering the process mechanisms of real choice behavior, as Buston and Emlen aimed to do. Contrary to the concerns raised by Buston and Emlen, the mate choice patterns of men and women, as we have found by analyzing speed-dating, are very much in line with the theories of Darwin and Trivers. Furthermore, these patterns imply that the well documented phenomenon of human positive assortative mating, at least when it arises through active mate choice rather than social homogamy, is almost exclusively a result of the picky female choices, not the rather undiscriminating male ones. In this way, humans put themselves in line with most other mammals in following Darwin’s principle of choosy females and competitive males, even if humans say something different.

It actually says it right there. I'm not saying I know what all women want, but I'm saying I know what most of them want. I've heard of other types of research along these lines - unfortunately, I'm unable to find one at the moment - where they let women judge men's attractiveness after seeing their annual income. The differences were rather enormous, to say the least. The difference between being deeply unpopular with women and being able to get married to a pretty one within months is a six-to-seven-figure annual income, to put it very bluntly.

Who_Am_I wrote:
I know of plenty of women who fantasise about a rich man, but who end up happy with Joe next door. Just as there are plenty of men who fantasise about tall, long-legged, chestily-well-endowed women, but end up happy with Jane next door. There's a difference between what you fantasise about and what you'd actually be happy with.

Indeed. However, given the chance, Joe would have a beautiful girlfriend - not wife - and Jane would have a monogamous millionaire husband. The reason they don't is because the beautiful women and wealthy men wouldn't settle for the homely women or the impoverished men.

JNathanK
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 11:06 pm

It means they're neurotic b*****s.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 11:03 am

I love irony.
Really. Like to kick my legs and giggle as I roll around and revel in it.

to his Interest."

AS_Citizen_43275-B
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Jun 2012, 2:24 pm

For a full encyclopedic description of creepiness go to Wikipedia and type Asperger Syndrome in the search bar.

What NT woman wouldn't find that article creepy and AS afflicted men even creepier?

:nerdy:

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 8:26 pm

HisDivineMajesty wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:

For a lot of individual men, that would be a very good deal.

Who_Am_I wrote:

Apparently, they had some novel research about what women were actually looking for. It's easy to say, speaking in general terms, that you'd never let money play an important role. As a theoretical rule, there are very few women who specifically address material wealth as being a crucial part of their attraction to a man. However, it is.

http://www.pnas.org/content/104/38/1501 ... 83bf767404

That article wrote:
In the context of speed-dating at least, self-reported mate preferences deviate markedly from actual mate choices. As with desires [e.g., for sexual variety] and fantasies, stated preferences can be useful for understanding how evolution has biased the male and female mind in different directions, but they are a fallible base for discovering the process mechanisms of real choice behavior, as Buston and Emlen aimed to do. Contrary to the concerns raised by Buston and Emlen, the mate choice patterns of men and women, as we have found by analyzing speed-dating, are very much in line with the theories of Darwin and Trivers. Furthermore, these patterns imply that the well documented phenomenon of human positive assortative mating, at least when it arises through active mate choice rather than social homogamy, is almost exclusively a result of the picky female choices, not the rather undiscriminating male ones. In this way, humans put themselves in line with most other mammals in following Darwin’s principle of choosy females and competitive males, even if humans say something different.

It actually says it right there. I'm not saying I know what all women want, but I'm saying I know what most of them want. I've heard of other types of research along these lines - unfortunately, I'm unable to find one at the moment - where they let women judge men's attractiveness after seeing their annual income. The differences were rather enormous, to say the least. The difference between being deeply unpopular with women and being able to get married to a pretty one within months is a six-to-seven-figure annual income, to put it very bluntly.

Who_Am_I wrote:

Indeed. However, given the chance, Joe would have a beautiful girlfriend - not wife - and Jane would have a monogamous millionaire husband. The reason they don't is because the beautiful women and wealthy men wouldn't settle for the homely women or the impoverished men.

It sounds very much like you're trying to tell me what I do and don't find attractive.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I