What are your Aspie/Autistic skills or talents?

Page 1 of 8 [ 119 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 12:08 pm

I don't have much going for me other than learning how to servive on my own amongst people who bully and pick on me
to this day. I mean those folks are suppose to have no issues and should know better. I do have a gift for art and I would like to show you some of the art that I did over the years with my most recent in January of 2010 when I sketched a picture of a backhoe loader that was sitting in a yard next to my friend's place. Each piece of artwork was done at times of high interest. Right now it is backhoe loaders.

CASE 580 Super K backhoe loader that is snow covered.
And of course I did my own profile picture.

This is one of the Russian space shuttles call Buran. I had the honor of being inside of one of them when I went to Russia. Now that was a real struggle considering my issues. I couldn't sit still and was upset most of the time because I was taken out of my comfort zone.

This one was done in 1969. I was wanting a lot of contrast between the background and people. Light skinned peopled would not have given me enough contrast even with the clothes and that is why the people in this picture is African American.

[img][800:488]http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx279/Alwaysindreams/PassengerJets.jpg[/img]
Don't even remember when I did this one. Was young and stupid when it came to not putting dates on all of my artwork. But I do it now.

And one more. I have many more.

My machine sketches and portraits were the most popular. I only did portraits when people wanted them. Otherwise, I would much rather sketch a picture of a machine

Dizzee
Toucan
Toucan

17 Jun 2012, 12:15 pm

I'm an ultra gaming fan. Not necessarily video game, let it be a board game, I'm still the best, nobody can beat me in games.

Last edited by Dizzee on 17 Jun 2012, 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SilkySifaka
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 12:16 pm

Your pictures are amazing, so detailed. That is definitely a great skill to have.

I don't really have any special skills, apart from being a very fast reader. Even though I read quickly I can usually remember what I read very clearly. I always thought I read at a normal speed and that everyone I knew was a slow reader but apparently I read abnormally fast. Apart from that and a reasonable rote memory, I'm not good at anything.

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 12:36 pm

SilkySifaka wrote:
Your pictures are amazing, so detailed. That is definitely a great skill to have.

I don't really have any special skills, apart from being a very fast reader. Even though I read quickly I can usually remember what I read very clearly. I always thought I read at a normal speed and that everyone I knew was a slow reader but apparently I read abnormally fast. Apart from that and a reasonable rote memory, I'm not good at anything.

You do have a special skill. I failed in reading and in my last year of school, my reading teacher took me under her wing and really worked with me so I can at least get a D. Made D's in math too. It was mostly D's on my cards throughout my life. I made A+s in art and was the art teachers assistant. Though you can't tell it I also made A's in spelling and did pretty good in English with B's and C's. But, the English teacher wouldn't let me go home until I got it right. Wow, she was one mean teacher.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 1:19 pm

I can dislocate my right arm with ease.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 1:21 pm

Dirtdigger wrote:
I don't have much going for me other than learning how to servive on my own amongst people who bully and pick on me
to this day. I mean those folks are suppose to have no issues and should know better. I do have a gift for art and I would like to show you some of the art that I did over the years with my most recent in January of 2010 when I sketched a picture of a backhoe loader that was sitting in a yard next to my friend's place. Each piece of artwork was done at times of high interest. Right now it is backhoe loaders.

This is one of the Russian space shuttles call Buran. I had the honor of being inside of one of them when I went to Russia. Now that was a real struggle considering my issues. I couldn't sit still and was upset most of the time because I was taken out of my comfort zone.

This one was done in 1969. I was wanting a lot of contrast between the background and people. Light skinned peopled would not have given me enough contrast even with the clothes and that is why the people in this picture is African American.

[img][800:488]http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx279/Alwaysindreams/PassengerJets.jpg[/img]
Don't even remember when I did this one. Was young and stupid when it came to not putting dates on all of my artwork. But I do it now.

My machine sketches and portraits were the most popular. I only did portraits when people wanted them. Otherwise, I would much rather sketch a picture of a machine

Those are drawings? I thought they were photographs at first glance.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 1:31 pm

Ganondox wrote:
Dirtdigger wrote:

Those are drawings? I thought they were photographs at first glance.

Drawings and paintings. The space shuttle Buran took me more than a month to paint when I was on medication for depression at the time. Didn't think I would ever get it done. Yes, I love to do detailed artwork and have sold a lot of it. You can tell that the pencil sketches are not photographs if you look closer. If I blended the pencil lead than I can get them to look like photographs. Some artist blend the pencil lead and I don't like that just for that reason.

Alfonso12345
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jun 2012, 1:56 pm

Dirtdigger wrote:

You're really good. You could easily make a living selling paintings and I am sure you could be successful at it too.

I'm really good at writing fiction and I have a good imagination, so I can easily think of my own ideas for stories. I always have a problem with the editing. I am always making a ton of mistakes or sentence structure looks all wrong and the editing process is really difficult. I also can't have anyone do the editing for me either, because I am very particular about my editing so I have to do it and make sure it looks perfect to me. The biggest problem I have is with dialogue because I have "he said" "she said" everywhere and I am constantly trying to find ways to avoid using that too much, but I am not good at that.

McAnulty
Toucan
Toucan

17 Jun 2012, 2:22 pm

Your art is amazing, you definitely have that going for you! You are very talented. The detail is incredible.

JML101582
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 2:31 pm

Trivia, whether it would be sports, music, movies, television and sometimes video games.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 2:55 pm

The skills/talents I have are ones anybody could have, why would I say it's from my AS as though it's a unique thing implying that NTs are all ret*d?

nolan1971
Toucan
Toucan

17 Jun 2012, 3:22 pm

Love the artwork! I would have to say my best skills are building/fixing things.
My idea of fun was doing a brake job or tune-up on my mom's car instead of hanging out with friends when I was 8yrs old.
My other favorite medium is wood. I made several entertainment centers,speakers and other furniture in middle school.
I was never taught how to do these things just was naturally good at it. :D

JML101582
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 3:26 pm

I second that!

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 3:36 pm

nolan1971 wrote:
Love the artwork! I would have to say my best skills are building/fixing things.
My idea of fun was doing a brake job or tune-up on my mom's car instead of hanging out with friends when I was 8yrs old.
My other favorite medium is wood. I made several entertainment centers,speakers and other furniture in middle school.
I was never taught how to do these things just was naturally good at it. :D

Thank you all for the compliments.

It requires a lot of skill and talent to especially build things and make furniture. So you are also gifted in artistic things. In your case you shape things. I have done some model building also, but I prefer to paint and sketch machines, animals and people. The models I have build I did artwork on as well.

Do you still have any of the things you build? Would love to see photos on them.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 3:59 pm

Probably art and my ability to memorize useful stuff for school.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 3:59 pm