What are your Aspie/Autistic skills or talents?

Page 5 of 8 [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 7:48 pm

Here's an example of my bass playing:

http://soundcloud.com/the-autie-musicia ... -tracy-jac

It's me playing Jaco Pastorius' "Portrait of Tracy". Solo bass, no effects used. Cell phone recording.

I have a lot of stuff online, actually, it's just all of it is linked to my IRL identity, which I do not want being linked to my WP account because I say a lot of things on here that I want remaining private. So I made a new soundcloud just to share stuff I play with people here on WP.

Washi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 8:01 pm

For me the main one is art.

Atomsk wrote:
I have a lot of stuff online, actually, it's just all of it is linked to my IRL identity, which I do not want being linked to my WP account because I say a lot of things on here that I want remaining private.

Same here otherwise I would share but everything I have worth sharing is already online and linked to my real identity, if I find something that isn't I'll share. Nice playing.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 8:02 pm

Azereiah wrote:
Kinme wrote:
Azereiah wrote:
I wouldn't mind receiving $1,000,000.00 for a playing card made with red, yellow, and blue acrylics and a piece of junk brush. :P

However, if that's a little steep, I'd be willing to cut down a bit ;D

I will pay you one penny.

I will gladly renegotiate to $1.50 for the work, as I am unable to buy any *good* coffee lately. :P

I just purchased a gallon of iced coffee. Quite delicious. It was $3.99, I believe. I add sweetened condensed milk. Yummy!

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 8:07 pm

Washi wrote:
For me the main one is art.
Atomsk wrote:
I have a lot of stuff online, actually, it's just all of it is linked to my IRL identity, which I do not want being linked to my WP account because I say a lot of things on here that I want remaining private.

Same here otherwise I would share but everything I have worth sharing is already online and linked to my real identity, if I find something that isn't I'll share. Nice playing.

Thanks : ). I thought this one would be a nice one to share since it's a cover, so it won't be linked to me like my originals could be. It's also one of my favorite songs - probably my favorite one actually.

LeeTimmer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jun 2012, 12:44 am

JML101582 wrote:
Trivia, whether it would be sports, music, movies, television and sometimes video games.

I'm with you on that, except for video games. I've always said that I know everything about nothing, which always gets a little laugh.

davidgolfpro
Toucan
Toucan

23 Jun 2012, 6:20 pm

I shot 63( gross) playing golf on a par 70 course, I can taste more flavours than others on my wine course, I can tell if a antique clock is Cartier or Faberge ,etc.. yet I never studied Antiques. I can bend my back to 90 degrees, I can leg press 400 kilos 10 times, I count quicker using my mind than others, although I was useless at maths at school. I taught myself German........................................................

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2012, 2:42 pm

Good memory with flags including maps and recently TV Idents.

Siras
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jun 2012, 3:07 pm

I used to be exceptionally good at math and related subjects like physics in elementary and high school. Now that I haven't studied it for years I barely remember anything about it anymore. I feel like I still have the skill but just can't remember any of the equations and rules and even simple stuff is hard because I'm so out of practice. I used to love math so this makes me really sad.

davidgolfpro
Toucan
Toucan

24 Jun 2012, 4:58 pm

Siras wrote:
I used to be exceptionally good at math and related subjects like physics in elementary and high school. Now that I haven't studied it for years I barely remember anything about it anymore. I feel like I still have the skill but just can't remember any of the equations and rules and even simple stuff is hard because I'm so out of practice. I used to love math so this makes me really sad.

What about mimicking actors or comedians? I am apparently very good at mimicking people and it seems to come naturally to me.

houseofpanda
Raven
Raven

24 Jun 2012, 6:30 pm

Oh I almost forgot: I taught myself how to play guitar, piano and drums. Can play a couple pieces of others' songs (Richard Marx' "Right Here Waiting" on piano, and the mandatory intro to "Stairway to Heaven" on guitar) but other than those, just my own stuff. Never realized this was probably an Aspie trait until now.

Oh and I taught myself how to play the techno song "Better Off Alone" ... on acoustic... fingerpicking. I don't know why I picked that of all the songs in the world....

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2012, 7:20 pm

I have an insane memory for factoids.I can also read faster than anyone I have ever met.I was always the first kid to finish the standardized tests.I can read music just as fast and
always knew when I hit the wrong note even if I never played the song before.I had first chair out of 48 flutes so I was pretty good as a kid.I need to practice more now.I can also draw really well but I'm new to computers so I don't know how to post my art yet.It's totally amazing how many talented people there are here.You guys are awesome!!

C0MPAQ
Toucan
Toucan

25 Jun 2012, 8:29 am

I guess the biggest talent I have is to maintain a holistic coherent and rational view (of everything), disregarding my own subjective personal view which also exists simultaneously. I also seem to have access to low-level subconscious thought that others don't have. Those are of course 'entirely unprovable' mental talents, but I consider those most valuable to myself.

Otherwise I am good at programming, linux, computers and the like.

I was banned 1 minute after creating a thread which criticized the moderation, by mentioning issues like political censorship, social problems and problems of autism unfriendliness, especially in the chat.

Please contact me on http://aspiefriends.net

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 2:36 pm

I can spot the tiniest typos a mile away. It's that zeroing in on details thing. I can also memorize multiple lace kitting patterns and lay down a project and pick it up months later and remember where I was. And I have a freakishly good sense of smell, so I'm pretty fair at on-the-spot cooking.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 2:48 pm

Mindsigh wrote:
I can spot the tiniest typos a mile away. It's that zeroing in on details thing. I can also memorize multiple lace kitting patterns

Knitting?

Budfarmer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Jun 2012, 2:55 pm

I have an abnormal memory for numbers.

I learned Pi to 100 places in about 15 minutes.

I know the social security numbers of my sons (2), hubby, son's ex-wife, son's fiance, both his kids, my boss, my boss's husband and both her kids.

I know the date of birth for all of the above and many more people.

I know my Visa number, my Discover number, the boss's American Express number, my corporate MasterCard number, and my boss's corporate MasterCard number along with all the expiration dates and associated CID numbers that go with each card.

I know the phone number for literally hundreds of people and places.

I know the street address of just about every place I frequent, including zip codes.

And I know bunches and bunches of other random numbers (account number, pin numbers, sizes, amounts, etc.). If you can represent it by a number and it is meaningful to me, I will remember it.

Oddly enough, the one number I cannot seem to memorize is my own driver's license number... and it's only 7 digits! But I cannot make it stick in my head to save my life. Weird, eh?

And I can learn just about anything I want if I can find written instructions. If I can read a book or a set of instructions on how to do something, I can learn to do it. I learned to knit, crochet, type, and solder that way. I taught myself all of my computer skills and mine are better than just about anyone I work or associate with. I can read Hebrew (self-taught). And I can wire a house with 110 and 220 outlets.

Your Aspie score: 175 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 4:33 pm

Rascal77s wrote:
Mindsigh wrote:
I can spot the tiniest typos a mile away. It's that zeroing in on details thing. I can also memorize multiple lace kitting patterns

Knitting?

Busted!! :oops: Yep. I once applied for a proofreading job but wrote "POOFREADER" on the application.