Page 4 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2012, 7:01 pm

I dunno, I can verbalize socially, under controlled situations. Its nuance & body language that still trips me up thouh.
This should be obvious in my postings.
Or maybe a slightly different angle is, I communicate very well HERE in cyberspace (which I have been in since 1985) but a one-on-one tends to be a little formal or stilted.
Anyway, having an ASD is no excuse for bad behavior unless your so totally autistic you do not know where you are. If I make an un-intended rude comment/action I apologize quickly!
And few people know I have/ am suspected of having an Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I keep that under my vest.

Sincerely,
Matthew

ghostloki
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Jul 2012, 7:09 pm

I think this is actually one of the reasons I'm a bit hesitant to pursue diagnosis. I'm of the impression the family around me would tell me I'm trying to use it as an excuse, rather than a reason. And there's still a part of me that's influenced by the negative things in the people like that I live around (finger-pointing and "there's no reason, you're just awful and stop it") so I guess part of me is afraid it's just an excuse?