Getting nowhere on OkCupid...help!

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 3:21 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
-I would make this profile shorter and punch it up, try to be succinct more then descriptive, leave room for people to ask questions
-I would have pictures taken in which you have a different facial expression, I think your last one is the best. (but it's not the most flattering angle)
Also try if you can taking some higher quality photos, they tend on average to make people look better (okc mined their data for this info)
- Change your private thing answer because it's standard issue, you're a unique individual, highlight that at every opportunity
-love your facts!, the guy I'm dating now had a similar thing (presented some really cool trivia) on his profile and it was a major draw

Your picture I think are the most urgent of these concerns. I think the lack of expression and iffy lighting isn't helping you lead with your best foot forward.

best of luck, online dating varies a lot by demographic and locale so don't take a lack of response as a personal indictment
you also have a lot of things women (and I'd argue most people) on okc generically (so not all individuals) like to see, 6ft tall (if that's honest and not being generous, only criteria here I think is a gender specific preference, you aren't religious or militantly atheist, you're employed (at a job you like too, life satisfaction is hugely attractive), you're going to school, and you write in complete sentences. Those are all awesome.

I notice you care a lot about the guy's height (and how he should be taller than the girl, not a very feminist mindset), you often mention it - just saying.

But i disagree, it's not the only gender specific preference.

All girls that i am being in contact with them right now, and the ones i met up are....TALLER than me.

If you're getting all these messages on okc and are just soo busy, why are you so desperate for my attention today?
Deliberately misreading is not clever or worth more than two sentences.

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 3:47 am

DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
-I would make this profile shorter and punch it up, try to be succinct more then descriptive, leave room for people to ask questions
-I would have pictures taken in which you have a different facial expression, I think your last one is the best. (but it's not the most flattering angle)
Also try if you can taking some higher quality photos, they tend on average to make people look better (okc mined their data for this info)
- Change your private thing answer because it's standard issue, you're a unique individual, highlight that at every opportunity
-love your facts!, the guy I'm dating now had a similar thing (presented some really cool trivia) on his profile and it was a major draw

Your picture I think are the most urgent of these concerns. I think the lack of expression and iffy lighting isn't helping you lead with your best foot forward.

best of luck, online dating varies a lot by demographic and locale so don't take a lack of response as a personal indictment
you also have a lot of things women (and I'd argue most people) on okc generically (so not all individuals) like to see, 6ft tall (if that's honest and not being generous, only criteria here I think is a gender specific preference, you aren't religious or militantly atheist, you're employed (at a job you like too, life satisfaction is hugely attractive), you're going to school, and you write in complete sentences. Those are all awesome.

I notice you care a lot about the guy's height (and how he should be taller than the girl, not a very feminist mindset), you often mention it - just saying.

But i disagree, it's not the only gender specific preference.

All girls that i am being in contact with them right now, and the ones i met up are....TALLER than me.

If you're getting all these messages on okc and are just soo busy, why are you so desperate for my attention today?
Deliberately misreading is not clever or worth more than two sentences.

I can multi-task.... ;p

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 4:02 am

OP, you should add a photo without glasses.

runfromcheney
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Jun 2012, 6:09 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I wear my glasses all the time though....wouldn't posting a picture of me with them off be a bit misleading?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 6:18 am

runfromcheney wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I wear my glasses all the time though....wouldn't posting a picture of me with them off be a bit misleading?

Would you keep wearing them while you're kissing her/ having sex or showering with her? No, then it's not misleading.

Humans aren't born with glasses, so only-glasses photos is what's really misleading and in most cases they make you look less attractive.

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 7:53 am

Wearing the glasses in photos is fine. You mention about having little time and that would be a concern. Also the part about naming your car I would take out too. (I'm one who named my car too but most women don't want to compete with another women. Mention it after they get to know you.

runfromcheney
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Jun 2012, 7:58 pm

curlyfry wrote:
Wearing the glasses in photos is fine. You mention about having little time and that would be a concern. Also the part about naming your car I would take out too. (I'm one who named my car too but most women don't want to compete with another women. Mention it after they get to know you.

Didn't think of that. Good idea.

nomadder
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Jun 2012, 9:40 pm

I like the 3rd photo best, you're not smiling but it looks kinda cool.

Re the car paragraph. Condense it more. It's great to be passionate about your job, but sound like you've got some room there for a girl. I'd just like a guy to be more passionate about me than his cars.

I'd condense it to "I have a really deep passion for cars and have always known that I wanted to be an auto mechanic. I'm a technician at a Ford dealer and am intent on working my way up to becoming a master technician. I love my job, I am very lucky in that I am able to make a living off of doing what I absolutely love to do."
Highlight your mechanical skills but expand it to how great you are at fixing things and how handy you are - generalize a bit, get the focus off the cars.

Try using bullet points on the "I'm really good at" section. Can you generalize the car fixing skills to something like "mechanically minded, really handy, can fix anything..."?

You tend to make a point about yourself but then discount it. Eg 3rd paragraph starting "On my free time..." Remove the words in parentheses ().

Too many comments about how busy you are, hectic schedules, if you're not too tired.... Save these kinds of comments for when you meet someone. You don't need them in your profile. People might think you'll never have time to meet them.

You like writing, you might attract a girl who likes reading/writing so expand that with the kind of detail you put into the cars topic. Mention types of books you like reading, or types of things you like to write about.

Overall you sound like an attractive, passionate guy - try to make the girls feel like that passion could be turned their way.

AQ 23/50, EQSQ-R EQ 34 SQ 93 (Extreme Systemizer)