Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 1:31 am

So what type of coffee does everyone here like drinking? Lately for me, I've been drinking cheap Bustelo coffee. I've been lazier, and not made coffee like, consistently, for a long while, as my coffee maker that worked well was packed up. But, now I've repacked it, and now I make coffee at home instead of running to the convenience store. I usually drink my coffee iced, though. I pretty much brew my Bustelo coffee black, and put it in the fridge. My last favorite kind of coffee was Cafe Du Monde, a coffee and chicory blend. The Vietnamese use it, and Bustelo occasionally, to make their spectacular iced coffee that I've never been able to figure out how to get quite right. Both of these coffees are quite strong, and quite dark.

I'd like to maybe get a hand coffee grinder, so I can make Turkish coffee. I like Turkish coffee quite a bit. I've been drinking coffee since I was like 3-4 years old. My dad would make me a cup every Saturday morning. But also, with the Turkish coffee, I had a Bosnian babysitter who'd make it everyday seemingly, and I'd get cups of coffee on a lot of days. So for me, I've always liked coffee, but it was only about high school that I figured out how to make it myself. I've always liked ice better, and only now at 21 am I even exploring drinking coffee black. Drinking coffee black is quite different, but in most ways it's better, but I'll probably alternate back and forth, especially depending on the coffee. Black the caffeine hits quicker and harder, so yeah.

What do other people here drink coffeewise? Anyone been drinking coffee since they were like 4 like me?

Burzum
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 1:53 am

I can't afford a coffee-maker, so Nescafé Blend 43 for me.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 2:37 am

I like Folger's with some kind of fancy creamer to put in it. :)

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 8:31 am

I like Starbucks coffee. I like coffee with milk and sugar in it, I don't like the creamer.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 8:38 am

Burzum wrote:
I can't afford a coffee-maker, so Nescafé Blend 43 for me.

Same here. It's all they have at work .

TalksToCats
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jun 2012, 8:52 am

Been drinking coffee as long as I remember.

These days it's usually decaf espresso topped up with water (generally called Americano in UK) when out, must be made with ground not instant coffee, from a proper espresso machine.

I love a high quality espresso, but caffeine makes me very hyper so I restrict how often I have it.

Quite some time ago we invested in a proper little espresso machine for the house. My cat, my SO and our espresso machine are the three things I least want to lose from my life :)

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 9:04 am

Since I was 3. Beat you! :razz:
In my guardians defense, they only used to give me a half a shot instead of a full one. :lol:

I use Allpress. Best blend I could find here.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 12:32 pm

I can't drink coffee, but I like the smell of it.

bernerbrau
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Jun 2012, 12:42 pm

I love the Bay Blend from Trader Joe's, and I love that you can get a huge tin of it for super cheap.

Drink mine strong, hot and black all the way. Cream and sugar in my coffee is dessert as far as I'm concerned.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 4:30 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I can't drink coffee, but I like the smell of it.

Well... Technically I can't drink coffee either... But it tastes and smells soooo goooood.... D:

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

26 Jun 2012, 6:35 pm

:coffee: :heart:

I love coffee, so much that it isn't even funny.

tjr1243
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jul 2012, 11:05 pm

Was about to start a new thread "What is your favorite coffee beverage?" - glad to have searched the archives to find this thread, lol

Gotta have my coffee, preferably a latte, cappuccino or macchiato 8)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 11:09 pm

I had my first cup of coffee in months, tonight. It was enjoyable. :twisted:

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 11:32 pm

My favorite type of coffee is Kona.

I also like Sumatra, Rwanda, and Black & Tan

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

12 Jul 2012, 5:20 pm

I drink this stuff called coffee time! its cheap and i really dont care, the price of coffee has gotten out of control!

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2012, 5:42 pm

I love al kinds of coffee usually the flavored coffees though like gevallia starbucks seattles best and archer farms.When I really want to wake up I have Vietnamese coffee. 8O

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList