Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 9:31 pm

Resounding yes..................every day.......drives my mom crazy!

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 9:47 pm

MindWithoutWalls wrote:
Kinme wrote:
Yep. Sometimes two hours.

How do you get enough hot water for that, and how do you not pass out after so long?

I take long showers, though I've learned to shorten them from 40-50 minutes down to my usual 15-20 (30 for extra long, almost down to 10 for really speedy). I always thought it was a fibromyalgia thing.

She probably lives in a house or apartment with a water heater. I stayed at my sister's ex-husband's apartment and they had one, it was SO f*****g AMAZING. I frivolously cranked up the hot water, washed my hair and just relaxed for 40 minutes. It was the greatest thing ever.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

27 Jun 2012, 9:48 pm

My shortest shower is about 15 minutes. So, yes. :P

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 10:02 pm

MindWithoutWalls wrote:
Kinme wrote:

How do you get enough hot water for that, and how do you not pass out after so long?

I take long showers, though I've learned to shorten them from 40-50 minutes down to my usual 15-20 (30 for extra long, almost down to 10 for really speedy). I always thought it was a fibromyalgia thing.

Sometimes I barely had enough left, and so it was kinda on the cold/warm side.
I didn't pass out because I sat in the corner of the shower thinking.

Last edited by Kinme on 27 Jun 2012, 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 10:03 pm

NeueZiel wrote:
MindWithoutWalls wrote:
Kinme wrote:

She probably lives in a house or apartment with a water heater. I stayed at my sister's ex-husband's apartment and they had one, it was SO f***ing AMAZING. I frivolously cranked up the hot water, washed my hair and just relaxed for 40 minutes. It was the greatest thing ever.

I believe that we do. In the place we used to live, it would get cold/warm when I'd stay in there for so long. Now I want to shower...

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 10:07 pm

Don't tell me about it... is it an Aspie thing to do?

I always put music in the shower, so when one song ends and the other begins I sort of wake up, and get out. Otherwise I'm just there until someone complains or I just snap out of it... which can take it's good 20 minutes.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 10:20 pm

Shatbat wrote:
Don't tell me about it... is it an Aspie thing to do?

I always put music in the shower, so when one song ends and the other begins I sort of wake up, and get out. Otherwise I'm just there until someone complains or I just snap out of it... which can take it's good 20 minutes.

I wonder if it is.

I need one of those shower radios, or a plastic bag for my phone! :D

ozman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jun 2012, 10:47 pm

I never thought of long showers as exclusively aspie but maybe they are, I like long showers also , especially in winter

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 10:57 pm

Yeah, I love me a long shower too! Sadly though, I have a very small hot water heater and so they don't last that long. What I do instead is to shower to clean myself and then fill the tub and sit in the bath for a while.

ADoyle90815
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jun 2012, 11:03 pm

I love long showers, especially in the winter, and one favorite way for me to relax before going to bed is to take a nice, long bath.

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 11:06 pm

I don't have a shower, but I rather enjoy long baths. I lie in the tub, alone with my thoughts, and stare at the tile wall, studying the patterns the whole time... :D

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 11:07 pm

Love them. Take at least two a day.

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

ooo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jun 2012, 11:09 pm

Kinme wrote:

Two hours?

Wow. I think I sometimes reach the half hour mark, but... wow. Now, baths I can do for several hours. And, I like to shower twice a day.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 1:45 am

I'm curious why no one has thought about ecology so far. The shorter your showering is the more energy-efficient it is. I'm totally OCD about it, so I consume as little water as I can manage while making sure I'll come out clean at the and of the routine process.

Since I have a flow-through type boiler, I could shower literally endlessly if I wanted to, without running out of hot water, but the very idea makes me cringe...

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 1:53 am

OJani wrote:
I'm curious why no one has thought about ecology so far. The shorter your showering is the more energy-efficient it is. I'm totally OCD about it, so I consume as little water as I can manage while making sure I'll come out clean at the and of the routine process.

Since I have a flow-through type boiler, I could shower literally endlessly if I wanted to, without running out of hot water, but the very idea makes me cringe...

I do. I have the lowest flowing shower head on the market (1.5 gal/min, if memory serves). However, my reason for doing it is to cut my water bill as the local utility charges outrageous water rates and has gone up 240% in the span of a year.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 2:17 am

katwithhat wrote:
I get bored in the shower. Get in, wash and get out.

So do I. I have a particular routine that I use to wash as fast as possible, a little longer when I wash my hair.