Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

bizboy1
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2012, 1:38 am

Not sure. When I was manic I was ENTP. Now I'm an INTJ. LOL.

fefe333
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Jul 2012, 12:01 pm

INTJ

aspie quiz results: 172/200
I am suspected to have aspergers, but I'm not diagnosed.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2012, 7:43 pm

Before I even heard of Aspergers (or even thought about it) I used to constantly see "INTJ" forums come up in my searches no matter what I was researching. I finally figured out what those letters meant and did the test.
What was the result? INTJ of course!

mmonroe
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jul 2012, 7:56 pm

INTJ

mmonroe

02 Jul 2012, 7:57 pm

INTJ

Spirochete

02 Jul 2012, 8:26 pm

INTJ

EstherJ
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2012, 10:40 pm

INTP

Einfari
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2012, 10:56 pm

INTJ

bizboy1
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2012, 11:59 pm

I just went to see a new psychiatrist today and after 15 minutes he said I was an INTP. I didn't mention to him I thought I was an INTJ. I never scored INTP on those online tests. I think I would fit into the INTP category though too. How does one determine if one is an INTJ or an INTP? What are some big differences?

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 12:09 am

INTJ, but only moderately on the N, T and J.

Erminetheawkward
Raven
Raven

03 Jul 2012, 12:13 am

bizboy1 wrote:
I just went to see a new psychiatrist today and after 15 minutes he said I was an INTP. I didn't mention to him I thought I was an INTJ. I never scored INTP on those online tests. I think I would fit into the INTP category though too. How does one determine if one is an INTJ or an INTP? What are some big differences?

I'm also an INTP. You could say that the MBTI was one of my special interests for a while. The way to tell the difference is by the different functions for the 2 types. I also sometimes test as INTJ, but I'm definitely not according to the functions that compose INTJ.

INTP functions:
Ti - introverted thinking (basically very logical, creates mental models for outside realities)
Ne - extroverted intuition (basically making connections in the outside world)
Si - introverted sensing (eye for detail, bound to convention, relies on senses and the past for evidence)
Fe - extroverted feeling (this is the most inferior function, basically being outwardly emotional, focusing on relationships with others)

INTJ functions:
Ni - introverted intuition ("I just know". They come to conclusions quickly and are often right, but have a hard time explaining why, good at thinking in symbols)
Te - extroverted thinking (systematic, gets things done, sequential thought processes)
Fi - introverted feeling (thinking in terms of a personal value system, most aware of inner emotions)
Se - extroverted sensing (most inferior function, very physical, living in the moment, motivated by thrills and adventure)

Similar letters but a big difference in thinking.

bizboy1
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 12:28 am

Erminetheawkward wrote:
bizboy1 wrote:

I'm also an INTP. You could say that the MBTI was one of my special interests for a while. The way to tell the difference is by the different functions for the 2 types. I also sometimes test as INTJ, but I'm definitely not according to the functions that compose INTJ.

INTP functions:
Ti - introverted thinking (basically very logical, creates mental models for outside realities)
Ne - extroverted intuition (basically making connections in the outside world)
Si - introverted sensing (eye for detail, bound to convention, relies on senses and the past for evidence)
Fe - extroverted feeling (this is the most inferior function, basically being outwardly emotional, focusing on relationships with others)

INTJ functions:
Ni - introverted intuition ("I just know". They come to conclusions quickly and are often right, but have a hard time explaining why, good at thinking in symbols)
Te - extroverted thinking (systematic, gets things done, sequential thought processes)
Fi - introverted feeling (thinking in terms of a personal value system, most aware of inner emotions)
Se - extroverted sensing (most inferior function, very physical, living in the moment, motivated by thrills and adventure)

Similar letters but a big difference in thinking.

Thanks for the informative response.

I still feel somewhat confused. I guess INTP matches more. I think the doctor thinks I'm an INTP because I have problems with reality lol.

Roninninja
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Jul 2012, 12:55 am

INTJ

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 1:02 am

INFP, although sometimes I can be INFJ. Have strong I, N, and F personalities, but am on the borderline with Judging versus Percieving.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 1:31 am

bizboy1 wrote:

I score J on the tests a lot even though I'm a P, because the questions are like "I prefer things to be organized" and of course I say yes, because I do, but that doesn't mean I like, actually organize anything. My first test I took, albeit an informal OKCupid test, was ISTP, and then ISTP's description matched me close to exactly, so yeah.

Dan_Undiagnosed
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 1:33 am

I did this a while ago. INTJ.