I did this a while ago. INTJ.

Erminetheawkward
Raven
Raven

04 Jul 2012, 6:27 pm

bizboy1 wrote:
Erminetheawkward wrote:
bizboy1 wrote:
I just went to see a new psychiatrist today and after 15 minutes he said I was an INTP. I didn't mention to him I thought I was an INTJ. I never scored INTP on those online tests. I think I would fit into the INTP category though too. How does one determine if one is an INTJ or an INTP? What are some big differences?

I'm also an INTP. You could say that the MBTI was one of my special interests for a while. The way to tell the difference is by the different functions for the 2 types. I also sometimes test as INTJ, but I'm definitely not according to the functions that compose INTJ.

INTP functions:
Ti - introverted thinking (basically very logical, creates mental models for outside realities)
Ne - extroverted intuition (basically making connections in the outside world)
Si - introverted sensing (eye for detail, bound to convention, relies on senses and the past for evidence)
Fe - extroverted feeling (this is the most inferior function, basically being outwardly emotional, focusing on relationships with others)

INTJ functions:
Ni - introverted intuition ("I just know". They come to conclusions quickly and are often right, but have a hard time explaining why, good at thinking in symbols)
Te - extroverted thinking (systematic, gets things done, sequential thought processes)
Fi - introverted feeling (thinking in terms of a personal value system, most aware of inner emotions)
Se - extroverted sensing (most inferior function, very physical, living in the moment, motivated by thrills and adventure)

Similar letters but a big difference in thinking.

Thanks for the informative response.

I still feel somewhat confused. I guess INTP matches more. I think the doctor thinks I'm an INTP because I have problems with reality lol.

Another thing to consider is that the test is made for neurotypical people. Or at least I know you can't get accurate results with mental/emotional disorders. I'm not sure where autism fits in since it's very hard to separate autism/AS from your personality, though there definitely is a difference.

CWA
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2012, 10:00 am

INTJ.

Jtuk
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2012, 10:18 am

IxTx, the others are borderline, so they tend to move around depending on the test. The Introvert and Thinking on the other hard are pretty clear.

Jason.

Fluke83
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jul 2012, 10:55 am

I mostly score INFP, but sometimes I score INTP.

Lestat
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Jul 2012, 11:09 am

INTJ.

hobofeet
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Jul 2012, 10:16 pm

INFJ

Zinia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jul 2012, 10:19 pm

I did this a while ago and scored ENFP, but more recently INFP (which seems more consistent over the period of my life).

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2012, 10:44 pm

ISTP, looks like only one other person got this here :?

IndieSoul
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jul 2012, 10:56 pm

INTP

Bearing a gift beyond price, almost free

-RUSH

zxy3cpn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2012, 1:58 pm

Prototypical ISTJ.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2012, 3:19 pm

I'm an ISTJ, I'm obsessed with the Myers Brigg personality tests. I think you can find a lot about people through their personality type. I sometimes with I was an extrovert and a feeler instead though.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2012, 3:22 pm

Scanner wrote:
So a while ago I did one of those personality test and it was intp. Over the past year though I have pushed myself to be far more of a social person making new friends and really am very different and now personality test are saying I am now more ENFP.

I have a crush on an ENFP but supposedly ENFP's and ISTJ's usually clash. I know I shouldn't rely on a personality tests to make my decision but it makes me wonder how things are supposed to work out. I've been reading about the ENFP and trying to get to know what they like and don't like.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2012, 3:25 pm

bizboy1 wrote:
I just went to see a new psychiatrist today and after 15 minutes he said I was an INTP. I didn't mention to him I thought I was an INTJ. I never scored INTP on those online tests. I think I would fit into the INTP category though too. How does one determine if one is an INTJ or an INTP? What are some big differences?

Judgers like schedules and planning out things and routine. Perceivers are more spontaneous and unstructured.

Palakol
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

MountZion
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jul 2012, 2:39 pm

ENFP - a bit surprising but makes sense.