Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

emmyy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jul 2012, 12:48 pm

I dont know if this is at the right place but.
I just wanted to ask if someone does/had done te same as me...

I scratch my skin when im asleep, like sometimes when i wake up i have stupid cuts on my face and neck and tummy and legs. And also sometimes when i am bored and not paying attention, or when i am scared and under pressure, i start nipping onto my neck and scratch my arms and dig my nails onto my arms.
my mom tells me to cut my nails whenever they grow but still, i scratch and squeeze so hard i always have ugly marks everywhere.

how could i stop it ?? is it normal??

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 3:27 pm

emmyy wrote:
I dont know if this is at the right place but.
I just wanted to ask if someone does/had done te same as me...

I scratch my skin when im asleep, like sometimes when i wake up i have stupid cuts on my face and neck and tummy and legs. And also sometimes when i am bored and not paying attention, or when i am scared and under pressure, i start nipping onto my neck and scratch my arms and dig my nails onto my arms.
my mom tells me to cut my nails whenever they grow but still, i scratch and squeeze so hard i always have ugly marks everywhere.

how could i stop it ?? is it normal??

Is sleep walking normal, which I do sometimes and can it be cured? You may not be able to stop scratching if this is happening in your sleep. You should take mom's advice and cut your finger nails as short as you can get them.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 6:12 pm

I do this.........when I'm bored, nervous, not paying attention and in bed but not WHILE I'm sleeping. I scratch and pick (dig with my nails) at my skin. I have big red blotches all over my face and back. Compulsive skin picking is commonly associated with OCD and according to these forums seem fairly common among autistoid people(those with ASD or ASD traits). I've tried to stop doing this but it's very hard. I think I would need CBT or some kind of professional intervention in order to stop doing this. I also tried cutting my nails really short but they grow back and I'll forget to cut them again for awhile and then start picking again. :(

Last edited by daydreamer84 on 04 Jul 2012, 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 6:13 pm

Same here. I clip my nails short, but I end up with scratches and stuff all over. Same with bruises.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2012, 10:28 am

I scatch my arms and legs when I am bored, nervous or not paying attention, but not when I'm sleeping. I think this may be why my arms and the tops of my legs are as scarred as they are lol.

Jtuk
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2012, 10:33 am

I sleepscratch and wakescratch. The wakescratch I can control once I realise I'm doing it, the sleepscratch is pretty hard to stop. I've done quite a bit of damage to myself sleep scratching.

Jason