Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

something_
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Dec 2014, 6:27 pm

I am very prone to projection, and thinking artists I relate to have similar problems, but a lot of the time I think I could be right. I'm the age that nirvana were the first band I liked, so i've read a lot about them and think kurt did have a lot of traits. I know there are lots of things that can look similar, but they are less likely to present at a young age. I think it is a strong possibility.

it is a shame that there is no way of knowing, there must be so many potential role models for aspies that will never be known to them. I wonder if things will be different in the future and artists' diagnosis will be know. Maybe not as they will have to be successful which would mean they might not be considered impaired enough to be diagnosed, but it is my personal belief that the aspergers pathology is a lot broader than current diagnostic criteria and is fairly common amongst musicians

Dacey007
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Sep 2021, 12:26 am

[Is it, or do you mean creative people, Tupac, an amazing writer was also on the spectrum I believe. Anthony Hopkins, one of the best actors, was diagnosed in his 70s.

Is it hereditary, or is it in all of us, just some more connected to their emotions than others, my son who is only 6, very speech delayed , silently cries of any slow song is heard. His heart literally breaks as he sobs. He loves singing to himself. And can sing word for word, but he is unable to tell you his name, if someone asks, his age, he’ll repeat what he hears, in the exact tone he hears it.

I’m on this thread because I’ve just finished watching Kurt Cobain: Montage Of Hack.

A lot of insight on his childhood, but the important part is the beginning,

He’s happy, there’s joy, smiles, a baby/ toddler, content before the world stepped in. he doesn’t feel out of place, anxious, but then Kurt’s mother admitted as he got older his behaviour became more challenging. It does,most kids do, but what could be the worst way to “handle challenging behaviour” giving them Ritalin at 8 years old, taking them to see a child psychologist because you ‘parent’ would rather fix him than understand and grow with him :( . I’m not saying it’s because of that, Kurt suffered with drugs and mental health, but it certainly played a massive part, planted a seed perhaps, then the anxiety begins, senses you don’t feel you belong, first point of contact the parents, overpowering parenting or parents who give up..

Theirs are many traits in Autism, Aspergers, Addiction, President’s, governments, Prime Ministers, teachers, deadbeats, mothers, [quote][/quote] doctors etc etc… many traits we all carry differently, some more connected to their emotions through art music dance painting etc, they don’t just feel out of place or different… society, schools, parents, doctors, mean kids… can make anyone feel like that.

I wish people who just learn to understand more about a child and get to know them and their ways instead of medicating or constantly putting fear or anxiety into their growing, beautiful minds.

I got the same feel gas the author of this thread, Worthing a few minutes into the documentary, there’s no.pinpointing, the author felt the connection and, knowing my son as well as I do, I felt it it too.

If they could label or diagnose back then, then absolutely.