I'm ok with them 42%  42%  [ 27 ]
I'm not very well liked by them 25%  25%  [ 16 ]
I'm detested by them 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 64

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 1:58 am

I think it probably depends on the NT/group of NTs.

BlueBean
Raven
Raven

06 Jul 2012, 2:27 am

It's hard for me to predict... for some reason certain folks seem to think I'm hilarious/interesting (I guess because I'm blunt and can go on about random trivia they find interesting?), and other ones think there's something wrong with me. I can never tell which reaction I'll get -- I just act like 'me' and let the chips fall where they will.

Ashuahhe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 2:55 am

They have found me to be 'quirky' 'cute' 'adorable' and 'friendly'. I have many groups I hang out with but each are different in the way they treat me

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 3:19 am

I voted I'm not very well liked by them. Some people seem to really like me, though. I try to stay with them, hang out with them.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 3:52 am

This is how I feel around 90% of most NTs [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZpzpNncYGc&feature=related[/youtube]

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

arisu
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jul 2012, 4:04 am

i am generally well liked by everyone i meet. or at least someone acting like an as*hole toward me is pretty rare.

i've always had friends and was never bullied as a child. usually people know my name and about me before i know anything about them. i'm not really interested in having a crowd of friends, i prefer a handful.

SilkySifaka
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 4:27 am

I'm generally well liked by NTs. I try and be kind and helpful to everyone I meet. This doesn't mean that they would necessarily want to be my friend, or vice versa.

Blownmind
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 4:59 am

NovaFlame wrote:
Are you well liked by others?
(I rephrased the question abit before answering)

Apparently, I am awesome with inlaws when I meet them for the first time. I turn on my charm all I am capable of, and also my girlfriend or wife usually has talked me up beforehand. I have a feeling it dissipates as I get to know them better though. (I'm settled down now, so I won't be doing it again, but the few times I did get to know inlaws for the first time, I did it successfully)

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 5:37 am

I'm not very well liked by them, in the sense that they would want to be my friend. I have too much social anxiety and I think that makes me awkward and off-putting to people, not just NT's. If I didn't have social anxiety I feel I could get on with people a lot easier :(

Unseen
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jul 2012, 5:55 am

Quality over quantity - I have a few good friends and they like me, although they still give me puzzled looks from time to time, when I say or do something unusual.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 7:58 am

I'm very well liked, especially by children and seniors. I also get along great with young men in their early 20's due to my relative emotional immaturity. Unfortunately, the one group I've always struggled to get along with are those my own age and for some reason the women who I'm attracted to seem to be instantly turned off even before I say or do anything.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 8:18 am

Strangers hate me for some reason. They give me horrible, critical stares as though they want me to feel uncomfortable. But otherwise, a lot of neurotypicals like me who already know me. In fact I think I'm too nice. I have heard people saying nice things about me when I was in ear shot but they didn't know I was there. That lifted my self-esteem a bit because when you hear people saying nice things about you when they don't know you're there, then they must mean it if it's not to your face.

So I know I'm a likeable person. Even my brother's friends (who are good examples of confident neurotypicals) demand at my brother to bring me out with him when he goes out, because they said they think I'm a nice person (a lot of my brother's friends are girls aswell).

So, yeah. But I don't know what's gotten into strangers, they tend to hate me for some reason. Well, they must hate me if they want me to feel uncomfortable by giving me black looks.

krazykat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jul 2012, 9:51 am

it is very strange, but NTs from different cultures and a lower socioeconomic class then my own like me and I find them fascinating in turn.
I guess they already don't expect me to act like them, so I don't weird them out like I do with NTs from my own ethnic group and status :scratch:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 10:01 am

krazykat wrote:
it is very strange, but NTs from different cultures and a lower socioeconomic class then my own like me and I find them fascinating in turn.
I guess they already don't expect me to act like them, so I don't weird them out like I do with NTs from my own ethnic group and status :scratch:

Yeah, I feel I can make friends and get on with foreigners much easier than I can with people who speak the same language as me as their first language.

When I talk, I prefer to talk like a stupid person, by missing out words like ''of'' and ''it'', words like that, but I can only get away with speaking like this to foreigners because they don't seem to notice like British people do. In fact they like me even more, and we get along fine. As a matter of fact, I remember the last time I met up with my Polish friend, he brought 2 of his Polish mates with him, and this was the first time in my life that I had ever been the life and soul of a group! I got a real taste of being a popular person. I felt my social phobia all went away without me feeling embarrassed to be heard a lot, and I was the centre of attention without feeling awkward. It was brilliant. But they all struggled with their English so I suppose being in an English country I was expected to do all the talking, and these men were nice enough to not all talk in Polish and leave me out, so they all tried speaking English but I was obviously the best at it because it's my first language so they just made me the dominent one.