hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 11:44 pm

BrenJB wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
i am dating a fellow aspie that i met on WrongPlanet. we have been talking for over a year and have met in person once. i am moving to his country at the end of september

Well that is a success in some respect, however it can not be truly called a success after one meeting until you know that you are compatible when it comes to living together.

:D we are flexible so that part isn't really a concern. the biggest hurdles have already passed.

if you consider living together to be the measure of success, do you have any successes to share?

I am happy for you! I wish you both every happyiess. My parents have been married over 20 years and my mom always says the key is the willingness to make it work!

thank you! we are deliriously happy. it's sot of crazy but we can talk on webcam for literally 11 hours, given the chance. there is just a certain connection, somehow.

DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 11:49 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
BrenJB wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
i am dating a fellow aspie that i met on WrongPlanet. we have been talking for over a year and have met in person once. i am moving to his country at the end of september

Well that is a success in some respect, however it can not be truly called a success after one meeting until you know that you are compatible when it comes to living together.

:D we are flexible so that part isn't really a concern. the biggest hurdles have already passed.

if you consider living together to be the measure of success, do you have any successes to share?

I am happy for you! I wish you both every happyiess. My parents have been married over 20 years and my mom always says the key is the willingness to make it work!

thank you! we are deliriously happy. it's sot of crazy but we can talk on webcam for literally 11 hours, given the chance. there is just a certain connection, somehow.

! ! AweSum ! !

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 11:58 pm

thank you, DaWalker!

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2012, 3:34 am

hyperlexian wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

Well if sweet talking women on the internet and meeting them is considered a measure of success, I must be an expert in success on relationships and marriage. There's more to a relationship than just getting along on the internet clearly, there are many factors towards the success of a relationship.

There are many factors in a relationship that come into play and some of those factors involve living together, sharing financial and emotional responsibilities and overcoming difficulties. I'm not doubting your relationship or being the guy that walks up to you and says "It won't work out". I wish you the best and I hope you can attend one of the London Wrong Planet meet ups in future as you seem like quite the character.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2012, 10:15 am

Wolfheart wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

Well if sweet talking women on the internet and meeting them is considered a measure of success, I must be an expert in success on relationships and marriage. There's more to a relationship than just getting along on the internet clearly, there are many factors towards the success of a relationship.

There are many factors in a relationship that come into play and some of those factors involve living together, sharing financial and emotional responsibilities and overcoming difficulties. I'm not doubting your relationship or being the guy that walks up to you and says "It won't work out". I wish you the best and I hope you can attend one of the London Wrong Planet meet ups in future as you seem like quite the character.

thank you :). we may do that.

i was in a 20 year marriage, which ended on very good terms. i have some experience with cohabitation.

LadybugS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jul 2012, 10:36 am

hyperlexian wrote:
BrenJB wrote:

I can definitely relate to that. :) It's very true - sometimes you meet a certain person, and it feels as if you've always known them. From the first time my boyfriend and I spoke, I felt like he was familiar, like I'd always known him. I felt safe and connected to him immediately. I'm very happy for you! :)

BrenJB wrote:

Same here! This site and a lot of willingness got us to where we are today! He is amazingly perfect for me and I think we have an excellent chance at
"forever". We are both realistic and know there will always be good and bad times but we are committed to each other and know that what we have is really worth working for. Keep in touch!

I definitely will! :)

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough... God knows we're worth it"

retrogurl88
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jul 2012, 9:21 pm

I have anxiety issues (and suspect I may be on the spectrum), my husband is and we are happily married. We have our moments where we get confused with one another because we can both be literal, but we love one another despite our quirks as we call them. We both have different ways of recharging and issues with certain stimuli, but we understand each other so well in the end and have helped one another grow in confidence. Like any couple we have our fights, but we complement each other so well and can share anything that is bothering us. He is an incredibly caring guy and I love him! :) He respects me for who I am, and is very smart and affectionate!