Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Duncan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jul 2012, 5:59 pm

I think it is about time for some hope rather than despair on this sub-forum aptly nicknamed The Firepit. I think it will be good for everyone to see that other non NTs have had success no matter how small.

It's about time we focused on minds on our positives rather than our negatives in the dating world.

So tell us some success stories because we all want some hope.....

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 6:10 pm

at a work training, i was getting to know my co-workers. i found one of them liked art movies. i suggested we see one together. he said, "how about cofee?" months passed. i reminded him, how about that coffee? we met one september morning and began to date. the following may we were married. we just had out third anniversary.

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 10:17 pm

There was actually a thread that was posted months back and got revived a few times, but it wound up dying in the end :? Perhaps putting the stories in the post could revive it once again?

Happy Relationship Thread

[edited for a spelling mistake]

Then I have done my job

Last edited by AScomposer13413 on 08 Jul 2012, 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2012, 4:44 pm

AScomposer13413 wrote:
There was actually a thread that was posted months back and got revived a few times, but it wound up dying in the end :? Perhaps putting the stories in the post could revive it once again?

Happy Relationsihp Thread

Indeed, I am in a very successful relationship right now, I've already posted the details in the above mentioned thread.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

LadybugS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jul 2012, 4:53 pm

My boyfriend and I are in a happy relationship! :) Granted, yes, it is still new but I'm devoted to him and we are doing very well. He's autistic, I'm not, and we have faced some challenges but we are working through them. I absolutely adore him and I'm not intimidated by nor was I ever afraid of his autism. It's just part of the package, part of who he is, and I would not want someone "easier" for anything in the world. Nobody's perfect - I have problems of my own that he helps me with (really severe anxiety that pretty much crippled me for a time).

BrenJB
Toucan
Toucan

07 Jul 2012, 8:15 pm

LadybugS wrote:
My boyfriend and I are in a happy relationship! :) Granted, yes, it is still new but I'm devoted to him and we are doing very well. He's autistic, I'm not, and we have faced some challenges but we are working through them. I absolutely adore him and I'm not intimidated by nor was I ever afraid of his autism. It's just part of the package, part of who he is, and I would not want someone "easier" for anything in the world. Nobody's perfect - I have problems of my own that he helps me with (really severe anxiety that pretty much crippled me for a time).

My goodness! This sounds so much like me and my Aspie bf! We just celebrated 8 months and we had some rocky times but he is perfect for me and even more so, I believe, because he is Aspie. I also have anxiety issues and he doesn't take it personally when I spaz out. He just helps me through it and helps me reason things out. :D We are engaged now and I have never been happier.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2012, 11:01 pm

Extremely happy. Haven't been this happy in a very long time.

LadybugS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jul 2012, 6:54 pm

BrenJB wrote:
My goodness! This sounds so much like me and my Aspie bf! We just celebrated 8 months and we had some rocky times but he is perfect for me and even more so, I believe, because he is Aspie. I also have anxiety issues and he doesn't take it personally when I spaz out. He just helps me through it and helps me reason things out. :D We are engaged now and I have never been happier.

Wow, how wonderful! :) I'm happy for you.

I love hearing about other couples like us who have made it through the rockiness and are doing well. It really warms my heart and gives me a lot of hope.

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough... God knows we're worth it"

BrenJB
Toucan
Toucan

08 Jul 2012, 11:05 pm

LadybugS wrote:
BrenJB wrote:

Wow, how wonderful! :) I'm happy for you.

I love hearing about other couples like us who have made it through the rockiness and are doing well. It really warms my heart and gives me a lot of hope.

Same here! This site and a lot of willingness got us to where we are today! He is amazingly perfect for me and I think we have an excellent chance at
"forever". We are both realistic and know there will always be good and bad times but we are committed to each other and know that what we have is really worth working for. Keep in touch!

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 12:30 am

i am dating a fellow aspie that i met on WrongPlanet. we have been talking for over a year and have met in person once. i am moving to his country at the end of september

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 12:58 am

hyperlexian wrote:
i am dating a fellow aspie that i met on WrongPlanet. we have been talking for over a year and have met in person once. i am moving to his country at the end of september

Well that is a success in some respect, however it can not be truly called a success after one meeting until you know that you are compatible when it comes to living together.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 1:23 am

Wolfheart wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

Well that is a success in some respect, however it can not be truly called a success after one meeting until you know that you are compatible when it comes to living together.

:D we are flexible so that part isn't really a concern. the biggest hurdles have already passed.

if you consider living together to be the measure of success, do you have any successes to share?

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 5:39 am

Wish I had any stories to tell. None of my relationships have had happy endings.

Edit: I'm happy for the people here who get LTRs to work, though... :)

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 3:40 pm

I am currently in a happy relationship and have been for over 2 years. We met at my former place of work (where my other half still works) and, although we didn't exactly hit it off, when we did get to know one another better, our friendship blossomed into something more. We are engaged to be married and have yet to set a date, but nevertheless, we are happy with each other.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 9:12 pm

While I was studying abroad for a Master's degree, a girl I met at someone's apartment added me on Facebook after she met me for the first time. She asked me out after we had a few conversations. After I finished my Master's degree we decided to live with each-other for as long as she stayed in the city. I've been in a relationship with her for more than a year now. I've never been in a relationship with anyone before, so it was a pleasant surprise to me that it's going so well.

BrenJB
Toucan
Toucan

09 Jul 2012, 11:29 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

:D we are flexible so that part isn't really a concern. the biggest hurdles have already passed.

if you consider living together to be the measure of success, do you have any successes to share?

I am happy for you! I wish you both every happyiess. My parents have been married over 20 years and my mom always says the key is the willingness to make it work!