Page 4 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 11:13 pm

gwynfryn wrote:
Sophist wrote:
Yes, according to that book, everything Steve said is true; it was cited from journals and the like. Unfortunately, the journals and research just weren't very good and the media really went with it and publicized it.
It's too bad his brain is no longer viable for study. But anyone who's interested in Einstein's brain, I do recommend the last chapter in that book.

What's this? You acknowledge his brain is no longer available for study? Oops; I should say "viable".

So tell me Sophist (interesting name) what do you make of the supposed reconstructions, on the web, of the supposed modelling of Einsteins entire cranial matter?

According to a neurologist friend of mine who tried to get a sample of Einy's brain to study, there was no longer any viable pieces available anymore.

As for the reconstructions, I can't really say. I've never seen or heard of them. I'd have to assume they're taken from the pictures that were taken before his brain got dissected the first time.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

matt271
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2007, 12:10 am

i didn't read this entire post, but i have heard this about Einstein before.
i do not believe Einstein had AS. but i do believe Sir Issac Newton did. and i like Newton way more. in math and physics, his stuff always was always my favourite. Einsteins work in physics seems....unnatural and ockward to me. but Newtons sits very well. i understand it w/ no effort, see where it came from, how it works, etc.
I read on some site a while ago, that some1 who knew Einstein in person, claims he did not have AS or dyslexia or any of these disorders people claim he did have.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2007, 10:07 pm

matt271 wrote:
I read on some site a while ago, that some1 who knew Einstein in person, claims he did not have AS or dyslexia or any of these disorders people claim he did have.

I have heard something similar, but this comes from people who don't know any of those conditions very well (i.e., only familar with the classic Kanner's head-banging, institutionlized version, etc.). The reason I've infered this? Because one comment was [paraphrased] "Einstein was too social, he couldn't have been autistic". This shows a very inexperienced viewpoint of ASDs because autistics can be social, though perhaps some have more of a want and ability to do so than others.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Nexus
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2007, 11:14 pm

Sophist wrote:
The reason I've infered this? Because one comment was [paraphrased] "Einstein was too social, he couldn't have been autistic". This shows a very inexperienced viewpoint of ASDs because autistics can be social, though perhaps some have more of a want and ability to do so than others.

That's true because researchers who I talked with whist doing their tests, note me as a keen conversationalist on their result statements, and it's true, once you speak to me, I never shut up and become almost too social... (I wonder if Einstein was the same way)

I swear I was rather intimidating to those researchers and doctors, and I was purposely at times too (just to show them that a HFA is more capable than what's expected)... Because they probably expected an HFA like myself, to not be able to speak so much coherently or to be a social creature at all :twisted:

game_developer
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Jan 2007, 3:12 am

In childhood, my neighbor two doors down was an old man whose Physics teacher at Princeton was Dr. Einstein.

He told me that Einstein stunk horribly. "We all hated him." he said.