Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Runedk
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Jul 2012, 4:22 pm

"That person was most likely just a plain old criminal."

No, he is a well-educated man doing well for himself financially.. I believe.. but beyond the education part its speculation..

He has been to jail for a violent crime, but it was impulsive violence because of another man hitting him first. He retaliated brutally enough to land what I believe was a one month behind bars sentence. You don't get that for a little slapping, you really need to inflict serious harm to land such a sentence for impulsive retaliation in my country.

I have handed the matter over to the police some years ago when he ordered a load of stuff in my name and thus tried to have me pay for it.. as this is fraud I could finally get the police involved... (most of what he is doing is going on behind my back, turning others against me) claims against me was at first around $1600 but later increased 300 extra. But since I could easily fight these claims by saying I did not order any of it, the police showed no interest in the matter despite me trying to tell them other things were going on.. over the following couple of years a lot has happened. He has done a lot more and I have become better at dealing with it, so I still believe they will take me seriously one day - now that I am better at describing what he has been up to. Lets see.

Thank you. I would of course prefer to keep safe, but when you have had such violations occur over so many years keeping safe is secondary to fighting for your rights. And that is what I will continue to do, even if this means him escalating his activities, perhaps into violence. He has already threatened me with serious bodily harm (the words 'legs' and 'crowbar' were used). Currently writing an article about the whole thing and when I am ready to release that I'll do what I can to get the media interested in the case.

It gives me some form of comfort that he knows that the police has already received a complaint from me with his name in it. So they know where to go if anything happens to me.

I still hope for him to stop, but after seven years.... that hope is all but gone.

Luckily I have - despite his stupidities - managed to live a little, have fun with my friends, get a part time job and become active in the local asperger association. So it's not like he has ruined my life, though that is his desire.

Worst of it all. He is stalking me because of something I said to him. I told him I felt he treated others as if we're there for his sake, for his entertainment. I was drunk when I said it and yes, I should not have said it. But it was said out of a concern as I recognized his behavior as harmful to his relationships with others. He apparently misunderstood me and because of this misunderstanding he has now wasted more than seven years of his life on me. It's really sad.

MightyMorphin
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2012, 4:47 pm

Sociopaths/Pyschopaths have the disorder "Anti-Social Personality Disorder"

Their disorder isn't curable, full stop. The only way to help any of these serious crime-committers, is prison.

They don't want to be helped, they believe they are absolutely fine, and they love being how they are. They wouldn't change it for the world.

I wouldn't say they are mentally ill as such, or that it disorders their life, but their behaviour definitely isn't "normal".

whydoyouask
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Jul 2012, 9:12 pm

MightyMorphin wrote:

Their disorder isn't curable, full stop. The only way to help any of these serious crime-committers, is prison.

They don't want to be helped, they believe they are absolutely fine, and they love being how they are. They wouldn't change it for the world.

I wouldn't say they are mentally ill as such, or that it disorders their life, but their behaviour definitely isn't "normal".

Wow so your saying all people with anti-social personality disorder are crime-committers? Have you not read through all of the past page. Not all sociopaths need to go to prision! I allready exsplianed why not all sociopaths are bad. Even quoting a official article on them and how that then can be productive members of society. Some socipaths are worse than other and very rarelly do you get the hollywood type who murders everybody. Are you not getting all of what i just siad? Also if you go to a sociopath only blog theres alot of people there who notice that there is somthing wrong with them. Some comments are: I dont feel emotion even though i know i should or Even though my co-workers ect... can feel empathy after watching this video of some dead dogs and i cant?!

ps- Kinda tired.. So a little bad grammer...

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 12:28 am

Runedk wrote:
A man once said to me that psychopathy is the opposite of autism.

That's not the case. Psychopathy is something different.
Psychopaths and autistic people have even some things in common like problems with empathy and to understand the feelings of other people and so on.
You even can have both autism and psychopathy.

For me psychopathy is also not a mental illness. It is more something like autism, something you are more or less born with. But I also read once that 50% of children with these traits outgrow them in puberty.
These children need a proper diagnoses and social training, so that it they understand emotions in others more easily.
They have a high risk to commit a crime, of course a lot of psychopaths never commit a crime. But still about 50% of all crimes are commited by psychopaths and about 15% of the people in prison are psychopaths.

There is a good movie on this topic: "Let's talk about Kevin" it's about a boy who allways have been different. The mother notices his cold blooded side, but the father protects him. The parents want to divorce each other and Kevin doesn't want it and kills the father and the sister and some people at school.
I found the movie was very reallistic.

Zinia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jul 2012, 12:41 am

whydoyouask wrote:
Venger wrote:
Sociopaths usually appear normal because they're fake, and they don't say what they're really thinking most of the time. Therefore, the majority of them probably aren't recognized or diagnosed with ASPD.

But for a reason they fake. I would think a sociopath would most likely seek more helpmif today's general media didnt show all as cold blooded killers and extreme liars. Also if you says they all dont tell because they all mess with peoples heads that would be wrong. As I said before sociopaths which stalk and try to mess up your life badly are suprisngly rare.

But why would a sociopath even seek help if they didn't care what kind of harm they were doing to others and they could simply fake being a nice guy and take out their aggression on people/things that wouldn't get noticed?

What's the motivation? Many sociopaths are successful, like you said. In my opinion, that doesn't make them nice people--especially if you're their domestic partner, child, or subordinate....and they have no "social" or gainful reasons to treat you right.

Zinia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jul 2012, 12:54 am

And I think I can understand part of how runedk feels. I was also in a relationship with someone who had really strong similarities with psychopaths.

He would talk about "wearing a mask," and reading people "like a book" in the rare incidences where he let his mask down to do anything that wasn't incredibly hurtful.

He never went to jail--he just left a string of emotionally abused women behind him. His friends all thought he was the most awesome guy in the world, though he would talk about how he hated them, and would shoot them and dance over their bodies--for tiny slights like if they didn't call when they said they would. Of course, he never showed that side to them--only to his domestic partners.

He has no concerns about driving drunk, since he's been able to talk his way out of it before, when stopped--even though he's been responsible for a head-on collision which hurt another person.

He is what he is. He doesn't want to change--he doesn't see anything wrong with it. He's just taking care of his own wants...

Does that make him a criminal? Barely. Maybe if he was caught drunk driving. He's got a middle-class job and a ton of people who think he's the greatest guy in the world.

Does that make him a decent, harmless person? In my opinion, no.

So maybe I'm biased--but if you'd been in an intimate relationship with a psychopath person, or even someone very close to that definition--you might feel differently about psychopaths.

And I have to say--I think the smarter psychopaths don't end up in jail. You can abuse a lot of people without lifting a finger or doing anything technically illegal. And why compromise personal gratification by doing stuff that will obviously get you thrown in jail? It's just freaky to me to think that someone can be guided completely by their own selfish desires--with no regard for the damage they do to others. Just because they manage to keep themselves out of jail (because they don't want to go there) doesn't make them any more ethical.

Zinia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jul 2012, 1:05 am

But I also want to say that I think it's really sad that psychopathy seems to be something uncontrollable for the individuals. I don't think they chose to be psychopaths. And they don't rightly need to be demonized.

But one thing non-psychopathic type people don't always understand, is that deep-down inside, a psychopath doesn't necessarily want to change, or want help changing. But some might be more than willing to pretend they want to change, if that will get them whatever else they want from you--if they don't see anything wrong with taking advantage of others' desire to help.

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 2:51 am

Zinia wrote:
But I also want to say that I think it's really sad that psychopathy seems to be something uncontrollable for the individuals. I don't think they chose to be psychopaths. And they don't rightly need to be demonized.

Yes I more or less have the same feeling about it.

1% of the population are supposed to be psychopaths and 90% of them have antisocial PD (APD).
But still, APD and psychopathy are not the same.
Some people with APD have empathy and care, but they got traumaticed as a child or something different and some people with psychopathy live a more or less normal life.
Psychopathy is a spectrum like autism is one.

Sadly psychopathy was mostly ignored from psychology in the past, but they're starting more and more to research on it.

Actually psychopathy even have some positive effects for the person.
The change of getting a depression or an anxiety disorder is nearly 0% for the person. 6% of the people in high positions are psychopaths. But they have a very high change to commit a crime.

MightyMorphin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 7:10 am

whydoyouask wrote:
MightyMorphin wrote:

Wow so your saying all people with anti-social personality disorder are crime-committers? Have you not read through all of the past page. Not all sociopaths need to go to prision! I allready exsplianed why not all sociopaths are bad. Even quoting a official article on them and how that then can be productive members of society. Some socipaths are worse than other and very rarelly do you get the hollywood type who murders everybody. Are you not getting all of what i just siad? Also if you go to a sociopath only blog theres alot of people there who notice that there is somthing wrong with them. Some comments are: I dont feel emotion even though i know i should or Even though my co-workers ect... can feel empathy after watching this video of some dead dogs and i cant?!

ps- Kinda tired.. So a little bad grammer...

No, you completely misinterpreted what I said. I said that the sociopaths/psychopaths have ASPD, and it's freakin' obvious that they, the sociopaths/psychopaths are crime committers from the title "sociopath and psychopath"
I also said to help the SERIOUS CRIME COMMITTERS. You seriously need to read what I said!

All people with ASPD have actually committed crimes, whether they've set a cat on fire or put a brick through someones window. If they haven't committed crimes or been disorderly, they won't get diagnosed, so yes, crimes are punishable.

These aren't the type to just download music illegally, they have no disregard for people whatsoever, whether they say to you or not. They are usually trolls, and play people. They will play you into thinking they are good people, do not fall for their trickery.

Let me show you the DSM-IV

DSM-IV
The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, fourth edition (DSM IV-TR), defines antisocial personality disorder (in Axis II Cluster B) as:[1]
A) There is a pervasive pattern of disregard for and violation of the rights of others occurring since age 15 years, as indicated by three or more of the following:
failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest;
deception, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure;
impulsiveness or failure to plan ahead;
irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults;
reckless disregard for safety of self or others;
consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations;
lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another;
B) The individual is at least age 18 years.
C) There is evidence of conduct disorder with onset before age 15 years.
D) The occurrence of antisocial behavior is not exclusively during the course of schizophrenia or a manic episode.

The individual must be at least 18 years of age to be diagnosed with this disorder (Criterion B), but those diagnosed with ASPD as adults were commonly diagnosed with conduct disorder as children. The prevalence of this disorder is 3% in males and 1% from females, as stated in the DSM IV-TR.

Scottinoz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Jul 2012, 8:08 am

Me personally i'd put them to proper use, oh yeah that's right they do that's why the world runs this way and their perfect for high ranking military and get powerful positions and run countries :salut:

Some are really charismatic and it's great to get their potection and be able to prosper even though your working for them :money:

MightyMorphin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 8:31 am

Scottinoz wrote:
Me personally i'd put them to proper use, oh yeah that's right they do that's why the world runs this way and their perfect for high ranking military and get powerful positions and run countries :salut:

Some are really charismatic and it's great to get their potection and be able to prosper even though your working for them :money:

You decided to show your face after your nasty PM then? :)

I have reported it to a moderator by the way, just so you know.

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 9:02 am

MightyMorphin wrote:
All people with ASPD have actually committed crimes, whether they've set a cat on fire or put a brick through someones window. If they haven't committed crimes or been disorderly, they won't get diagnosed, so yes, crimes are punishable.

Sadly I just have this in German right now, but it says in the ICD-10 about the ASPD: "Kriminelle Handlungen sind also nicht zwingend erforderlich." what means in english: "Criminal acts are not necessarily required." :wink:

MightyMorphin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 9:10 am

Raziel wrote:
MightyMorphin wrote:

Sadly I just have this in German right now, but it says in the ICD-10 about the ASPD: "Kriminelle Handlungen sind also nicht zwingend erforderlich." what means in english: "Criminal acts are not necessarily required." :wink:

Yeah but it goes on case. I bet 98% of people with ASPD have committed a crime, big or small. If you're probably getting into fights all the time, and assault/aggressiveness, it's still a crime.
Of all the people I've spoke to with ASPD, one breeds dogs illegally (she kills any that aren't "perfect", like have a different marking to the one preferred by the buyer and such, and she's now in jail) another has raped, another tortures cats and kills cats, and another has set a house on fire. The rest have done as I've said above, just always getting into fights and stealing and such.

whydoyouask
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Jul 2012, 9:12 am

Raziel wrote:
MightyMorphin wrote:

I agree.

whydoyouask
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Jul 2012, 9:24 am

MightyMorphin wrote:

Yeah but it goes on case. I bet 98% of people with ASPD have committed a crime, big or small. If you're probably getting into fights all the time, and assault/aggressiveness, it's still a crime.
Of all the people I've spoke to with ASPD, one breeds dogs illegally (she kills any that aren't "perfect", like have a different marking to the one preferred by the buyer and such, and she's now in jail) another has raped, another tortures cats and kills cats, and another has set a house on fire. The rest have done as I've said above, just always getting into fights and stealing and such.

So because you saw Four people with ASPD all people with that disorder are super bad? A lot of sick people rape cats and kill them ect....
I also find it hard to believe that you really knew they had ASPD.

MightyMorphin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 9:34 am

whydoyouask wrote:
MightyMorphin wrote:

So because you saw Four people with ASPD all people with that disorder are super bad? A lot of sick people rape cats and kill them ect....
I also find it hard to believe that you really knew they had ASPD.

I find it really hard to believe you don't know anyone with ASPD.

They all had ASPD, I can assure you. I don't have anything to prove to you, as a stranger on the internet.