Vehicles that Aspies and others hate to get behind!

Page 4 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2012, 8:06 am

outofplace wrote:
BTW... can you tell that my "special interest" is cars and mechanical engineering :lol: ?

can you do suspension work? my interest would be in taking a car that rides roughly over pockmarked/rutted/bumpy roads [stiff suspension] and give it an improved supple suspension that can enable the wheels to step over the bumps but still handle decently. i've noticed that nearly all cars sold nowadays have suspensions heavily biased towards handling sharpness and away from ride comfort.

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2012, 12:24 pm

auntblabby wrote:
outofplace wrote:
BTW... can you tell that my "special interest" is cars and mechanical engineering :lol: ?

can you do suspension work? my interest would be in taking a car that rides roughly over pockmarked/rutted/bumpy roads [stiff suspension] and give it an improved supple suspension that can enable the wheels to step over the bumps but still handle decently. i've noticed that nearly all cars sold nowadays have suspensions heavily biased towards handling sharpness and away from ride comfort.

You would have to be able to find someone who makes springs for the vehicle that are softer than stock, and that is normally impossible to find. Alternately, if you knew what you wanted in terms of spec, you could have a company that manufactures springs like Eaton or Eibach make a set for you. This would be outside my area of expertise though as I always want stiffer suspension and so my knowledge is slanted in that direction. My cars usually ride like trucks, and I drive them 30-40k miles a year.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2012, 12:47 pm

johnny77 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
that thing in the prius video is surely the creature from hell.

See told you there is reason for a citizen to have a full auto 50 cal. :lol: You woldnt even have to use it point it and say get back in the car!
The real truth for all the smug prius drivers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uibovx1Pwd0&t=3m36s

Or you can roll up with one of these:

Image :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2012, 12:54 pm

outofplace wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
outofplace wrote:

You would have to be able to find someone who makes springs for the vehicle that are softer than stock, and that is normally impossible to find. Alternately, if you knew what you wanted in terms of spec, you could have a company that manufactures springs like Eaton or Eibach make a set for you. This would be outside my area of expertise though as I always want stiffer suspension and so my knowledge is slanted in that direction. My cars usually ride like trucks, and I drive them 30-40k miles a year.

i can tell you are far more physically rugged than i am. my back protests when i hit a bump.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Jul 2012, 9:31 pm

Buses

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuQ_1Z85VY8[/youtube]

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

largosan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Jul 2012, 9:57 pm

The worst is being behind someone in a shiny new large truck with a bed cover on it. Just having the bed cover makes it impossible to be used for hauling anything, so you know that they only bought it so they look macho, and like they can afford to drive an expensive vehicle that is expensive to run.

Quinntilda
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jul 2012, 2:03 pm

My friend has a diesel pickup with vertical exhausts and off road tires. pretty cool around town, but when we took it down to the shore to move things we got on the highway and mud flew off and hit stop and go traffic for about 20 miles it was like being behined a tractor trailer with the loud exhaust pipes and the black smoke when ever he hit the gas. My uncle was right behined and his passenger choked on it the exhaust fume the whole time.