Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2012, 12:48 am

auntblabby wrote:
MyFutureSelfnMe wrote:
So you probably have a bunch of spyware and crap. There's no other reason your computers would behave like that. I've never owned a computer that behaved like you're describing. When you complain about JavaScript being part of web pages, and call it "Java", just to let you know, that *really* makes you sound like a fogey. The sites people use the most today wouldn't be possible at all without JS.

all that antibug stuff told me i was totally malware-free. and i am a fogey because i totally lack the techie genes. i only know just enough about puters to do what little bit i do with 'em. i never claimed to be otherwise. but i detest folks that look down their noses at me just because i'm not a techlord like they are.

Then try to avoid passing judgement when you don't understand root cause

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

18 Jul 2012, 8:19 am

MyFutureSelfnMe wrote:
Then try to avoid passing judgement when you don't understand root cause
People who ask basic questions do so because they don't know the answers, and if it's not possible to respond without being dismissive like this then it's best to not respond at all.
Once upon a time you were asking these questions too.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2012, 8:30 am

^^^
thank you :)

Foxface
Raven
Raven

01 Aug 2012, 2:20 am

Google Chrome is overrated. For each tab you have open, if you open the processing tab (I forget what it;s called, but it shows the list of running applications), it will show the Google Chrome is open how ever many tabs is open. In Firefox, it is just listed once, regardless of how ever many tabs you have open.

Firefox is much easier. Firefox, saves you themes and stuff, Google Chrome, you gotta go looking for it. Say you want to right click and view and image, or save an image or get the image info. It;s a few extra steps, which is annoying to me. I hardly ever use it. I only use it, when I use two web browsers at the same time, or need it for something, which isn't often. Firefox will always be my choose. Also, I love the name and the logo. :)

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2012, 4:18 am

I find Chrome to be faster then FF at the expense of Memory Usage, and I do this on my Netbook! (not known for taking huge memory tasks)

I might use my alternative FireFox again, despite it being much slower.

I know Opera and Netscape are still available, but have very little knowledge on them now.

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2012, 11:07 am

Um, no. No, Netscape is only "still available" if you want to try a science experiment and see how the modern web looks in a 90s browser.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

02 Aug 2012, 3:41 pm

I think it has something to do with this website, actually. I've only ever experienced bugs with Chrome on this website. Everything else seems to be normal, as long as I don't have a tab for WP up.

For me, it' actually worse on FF. :?